What the FUCK is this BULL SHIT

what the FUCK is this BULL SHIT

>Alan Moore’s Jerusalem – Only 600,000 Words Long Now
>Recent PR for Alan Moore‘s new novel Jerusalem that I – amongst others – published included details that seem to have come from his previous novel, Voice Of The Fire. Originally I thought this was because Jerusalem was expanding on the themes of the first book, but it seems that it was a slip of the mouse.

>So here’s the actual description of Jerusalem, including its length and publishing format. At one point some suggested it would top a million words, but that has been reduced somewhat…

>Rich and glorious, JERUSALEM is Moore’s most ambitious and best authorial work to date.

>Spirals between memories and tales from Moore’s family history, fantasy elements and historical dramatisations from Northampton’s past.

>Begun in 2008, JERUSALEM has long been speculated on by Moore’s fans and the literati – many have been following the book’s story for years. At over 600,000 words, JERUSALEM puts itself in the Top 10 largest novels in the English language.

>A grandiose tome about his hometown of Northampton, employing an extremely wide variety of styles, including a poem and a play.

>In the half a square mile of decay and demolition that was England’s Saxon capital, eternity is loitering between the firetrap tower blocks. Embedded in the grubby amber of the district’s narrative among its saints, kings, prostitutes, and derelicts a different kind of human time is happening.

>An opulent mythology for those without a pot to piss in, through the labyrinthine streets and pages of JERUSALEM tread ghosts that sing of wealth and poverty; of Africa, and hymns, and our threadbare millennium. They discuss English as a visionary language from John Bunyan to James Joyce, hold forth on the illusion of mortality post-Einstein and insist upon the meanest slum as Blake’s eternal holy city.

>Fierce in its imagining and stupefying in its scope, JERUSALEM is the tale of everything, told from a vanished gutter.

>Will be published in an Hardback and three volume paperback in a slipcase. Published in the USA by Liveright.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who cares it's literally less words than Atlas shrugged. Probably about as good too

This is just like the Watch_Dogs downgrade.

>called Jerusalem
>set in Northampton

40% of the book is missing

this is bullshit

>40% of this plate of shit is missing

My apologies of I can't muster up a fuck to give.

>not wanting to lick the tip of Alan Moore's penis

edgy

>called Ulysses
>MC is Irish

>called Finnegans Wake
>they spend the doorstopper in a dream

>called Gravity's Rainbow
>the tone isn't grave and there's barely any homoeroticism

>called Infinite Jest
>the author commits suicide

I like his stuff so I'll probably give this a shot at some point. I moved beyond edgy comics into edgy literature. Now it's like...full circle. Ya dig?

The worst shitpost really is the one that doesn't even know it's a shitpost.

Alan Moore explicitly believes with meme-magic, he should be shunned

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon Englands mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
Bring me my arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & pleasant Land.

Thought Voice of the Fire was good. Looking forward to this.

top kek

you don't believe in meme magic?

>At over 600,000 words

Shouldn't it be 6 000 000.

>Rasputin impersonator

it was announced as 1,000,000 words
it is released as 600,000 words

It's called Gravity's Rainbow because it's the parabolic shape of the rocket's movement from blasting off to landing.

>>called Infinite Jest
>>the author commits suicide

What if I'm wrong! What if you're wrong?!

damn, I'm retarded.

seriously, you thought...?

Someone posted an excerpt of this pile of shit: overwritten and meaningless bullshit. He's trying so hard to be a """real""" writer it's embarassing.
I bet genrefags and redditors will eat this shit up.

>seriously, you thought...?
y-yo-you mean you... you didn't actually... y-you..??

youthoughts

I'll buy it out of loyalty to Moore but will probably wait a few years to read it. I have too large a backlog to read a rambling tome at the moment, as much as I love Moore.

I'm like 1/3 through Voice of the Fire now and I dig it.

s-senpai

Lol same here

Can't take the edge, stay off the chan, motherf*cker

nope

he kept referencin that bloke in From Hell

Anyone know who's doing the artwork? Or is this an actual novel and not a graphic novel?

It's an actual novel

It's an actual novel.

Moore drew the cover art himself

This sounds exactly like Voice of the Fire.

man, this really sounds like an incoherent mess. hope it's good, though, but i think his prose has been sophomoric at best.

that's a massive chunk edited out. has anyone ever heard of an editor or publisher ask or demand that an author trim out 400,000 words out of a novel? i mean, that's 4 novels worth of content right there. something sounds weird here.maybe Alan Moore overestimated his initial word count? one million does have a nice ring to it.

This. Best case scenario is it's Dhalgren.

It's 1184 pages, quit whining.

My impression is it's like Voice of the Fire but instead of focused on the entirety of Northampton, it's focused on one block

Moore can get wordy if indulged (see Providence) but the copyediting time hasn't been long enough to cover minute editing of that many pages, I think

No excerpt was posted. Reading comprehension and so on, you're better off giving it a pass

>maybe Alan Moore overestimated his initial word count?
Does he use a typewriter? Though I guess it's possible he'd leftover duplicates or WIPs in a text document of this size.

He kept referencing fucking everything in From Hell.

The Peter Sutcliffe one caught me off for a second, it was like when I was reading the Manga Palepoli and the mangaka drew Columbo

Yeah, the ending of From Hell is fucking great. I need to reread it one of those days, but it is so exhausting to read, for a non-native english speaker like me atleast.

>the whole sequence where Gull gets his driver to go around all the key buildings in London and explains each one in complete detail

shit was draining

What is the fourth dimension?

apparently, according to interviews at the time, he finished the novel in 2014. i'd say a couple of years is long enough for a good round of edits. but, yeah, Moore really does fall in love with his own words sometimes. i recall back in the day when LXG Black Dossier was published, he was adamant the prose sequence where he mimics Kerouacs latter style was the best thing he had ever written. i found that part somewhat, if not entirely, underwhelming. however, i did find the Wodehouse parody hilarious.

i have no idea what Moore writes on. that's a pretty good question, if anyone here can answer it, by all means do so.

yeah, i'd say From Hell is his best work to date. hope Jerusalem can rival it.

fuck, that actually makes sense

There's quite a bit of homoeroticism in Gravity's Rainbow

That was amazing, the easiest part of the book to read, if you know London anyway, it was great how he used it to tell a story there.

not trying to shame anyone, but people didn't get that on first read? i thought it was rather obvious, but i did read GR in my mid 20's and not rushed for school or anything.

That is an adorable kitty.

From Hell made me think of prostitutes as human again

Voice of Fire is Pynchon levels of autism, only in comic book form. Probably the hardest comic I've ever read;

I read GR on my early 20s, while studying other stuff and just from knowing it was a book partly about the V-2, and from the fucking ROCKET on the cover, I knew the title referred to their parabole.

Voice of The Fire is a prose book

>in comic book form
Why are you doing this

you mean From Hell?

You fucking retards. Jesus fucking Christ.

This is going to be so bad

He's got some great anecdotes about Northampton tho. Wasn't a mining town but the centre is riddled with secret tunnels and all that.

The thing is tho like the eastern district is probably more relevant socially today but probs won't feature at all. The whole thing is going to be "northampton could have been London but wasn't then could have been Cambridge but wasn't, forget about that London overflow over there"

Except yes, faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels

>At over 600,000 words, JERUSALEM puts itself in the Top 10 largest novels in the English language.
Plenty of longer fanfics out there.