Female trickster characters

Aren't there any in literature?

It seems most who could fit the archetype are enchantresses instead (Circe, Morgan le Fay). Eris is more chaos muse than Coyote...

>inb4 YA

Five tonnes of flax.

(and here's the picture I would've posted if semen-demonology wasn't required to keep a threat afloat for the 5 minutes it takes me to shit)

not really a woman, but loki changes his gender at least one time (he even gives birth to an 8-legged horse, but then again zeus gave birth to a lot of people, too)

what's wrong with eris? she's a godess and she plays tricks, with her apple hijinks she's more or less responsible for the trojan war

yeah but no true scotsman so you're wrong

Yes and isn't that about it, I only get the vague idea of inspiring discord and the Apple Thing, sounds more like Pandora than Ulysses, Loki, Anansi...

For some reason I always pictured Anansi as female

Circe, sirens, Miss Havisham

Havisham is a good one. I was gonna say Madame de Rochemaure from the Gods Are Athirst by Anatole France.

Tzigone from counselors and kings, maybe not the sort of books youre looking for though.
theres such a distinct lack of female tricksters in literature, it makes me sad. ive met some very trickstery females.

wat? did you smoke a marijuana?

you been smoking a marihuana,too?

>it's a women are victims thread

sigh

explain why enchantresses can't be tricksters

there is no reason.

Characters can represent multiple things. Enchantress isn't even an archetype, it's like a role or something, you can def have a male wizard/trickster character. You're attempting to reinforce an (untrue) ideological point that feeds into your structure of delusion which paints women as permanently victimized.

Insulting. Get the fuck out of here, cunt

All fairies in medieval literature.

The Wife of Bath's tale, Yvonne, Lanval, Gawain and the Green night.

Fairies are ass holes.

you are mad online kekekekeke

If you want one that isn't supernatural, Cathy Ames in East of Eden fills the role. Manipulative, clever, described repeatedly as slightly less than human. Lacking a soul, or something in that vein.

Squirrel girl
(or would that be the teenage detective archetype? I don't actually read those things)

Becky Sharp in Vanity Fair is the woman you're looking for.

Also the protagonist from Pullman's Dark Materials?

No, it's really more of a >where my mischievous waifus at< thread. Good suggestions in that regard, fairies are what I was looking for.

The point I was poorly trying to get to, but which you didn't have to be a cunt about, was that the Circe-type characters are honey flytraps instead of proactive characters (wrong about Arthur's sister then). Enchanters have the know-how to play tricks except setting out to stir shit isn't normally their main characteristic

Pallas Athene, Greek goddess of wisdom, does a lot of shapeshifting and manipulating in The Odyssey.

I probably could do one

>that paranoia
Lost your way from /pol/?