What are you reading right now Veeky Forums?

What are you reading right now Veeky Forums?

ayy lmao

I love science fiction too, user.

bumping
I'm also reading this.

IJ and i want to quite so much. its such a chore. GR is a fun challenge, this is just boring. ill finish a chapter and be like, "wow, this is thoughtfull" and then never want to continue

That Hideous Strength. About a third of the way through. It's way more enjoyable than Perelandra so far.

I like it a lot.
Howard was a genius

Found this in a charity shop today, 20 Pence well spent.

Shit, OP - I remember getting this book in a box that I bought for $2.50 at a school gala when I was 12. Reading it genuinely scared me shitless.

Is that the book they adapted the movie from? The one with Christopher Walken and the Eric Clapton soundtrack?

Pretty nice, to be honest.

Is that any good?

Currently on Twilight of the Memes.

blasting everything

>Is that any good?
Yes, it involves a discussion of a lot of mainstream philosophy. Delves deep into a lot of mythology and demonstrates their hidden meanings. He stays pretty objective despite revealing his beliefs somewhat.

The Republic. Pretty comfy desu

will probably spend an hour or so reading Sometimes a Great Notion before bed

Just finished it 20 minutes ago, gona start 49 next

Life and Times of Cicero
Aesthetic Experience of the Quran
ديوان الشافعي

Democracy in America (1840 edition) by Tocqueville

>American Cuckservative
>Crush It On Kindle
>Book Marketing Is Dead

Also inching through Through the Looking Glass for good measure.

>A supposedly fun thing I'll never do again
I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm a huge DFW fanboy

Exodus (KJV) and Confessions by Augustine at the same time, though I've been slacking lately (had a drinking bender that lasted a few months, and I'm working 3 jobs). Probably going to read The Recognitions after those two, which I'm excited about. Just bought it today at HPB.

Pope's Iliad, Borges, The Spook Book, some historical thing, rereading The Prince.

Thoroughly researched, but unfortunately reads like a 500 page information dump for the most part.

i'm also working through a selection of Ginsberg's poetry, and enjoying it so far. He might not be as technically focussed as the other great poets, but he writes with passion and honesty. It annoys me that most of Veeky Forums seems to dismiss him because of the former.

forgot pic

read the first 10 pages.
absolute hot trash.

Troilus and Cressida.

Dracula

How is Nietzsche objective?

he does 't know what that word means, god

True Hallucinations - Terrence McKenna
1/2 way through... it's good f*a*m

Are you an idiot?

Great book, to be desu. Didn't feel boring at all. If anything, I wish it went into a lot more detail about some of the objects.

Hahaha, kys

Having a lot of fun with it.

The Brothers K-something.

So much theology in the guise of fiction--yet all theology is fiction. Philosophy, too.

The Art of War (2nd try.It makes a lot more sense after reading Tao Te Ching.)
And
The Dunwich Horror.

I loved The Stranger, decided to read this

Yes, I'm a newfag, but I really am enjoying it. It took about 50 pages to get used to the style. About to finish "Aeolus".

Not sure what I'll read after this, probably a couple shorter works.

>Reading books written by women
Leave

UGLY fucking cover, great book though.

Great stuff. I really loved The Fall, if you're still into Camus.

I've read Beyond Good and Evil. Went to Stirner after that.

Good stuff! Just got done reading The Martian Chronicles. Dunno how you guys feel about Bradbury, but that's a great book

I have both stranger and exile in whatever cover design that is. And dostoevsky the idiot. They are very nice feeling.