What does lit think of Richard Dawkins?

What does lit think of Richard Dawkins?

Museum curator that is using twitter to destroy the legacy he didn't deserve in the first place with astonishing efficiency.

/thread holy shit

Blocked again, timewaster.

Veeky Forums loves 'memes', which is one of Dawkins' many inventions.

An important biologist and important defender of free speech from religious and academic savagery.

I think that he is not literature.

The inventor of 'memes' alongside 9gag creator Christopher Poole.

he is one of the most important thinkers of the 20th & 21st century and disproved Thomas Aquinas fallacious proofs for the existence of God.

I don't.

It's true. This will be what he's forever remembered for. The inventor of memes

lol

The single notable thing that Richard Dawkins has contributed to society is the concept of the "meme".

The author of a few truly flawed books that have become so overrated they threaten the existence of Atheism itself. Every time a pseudo intellectual fedora opens his mouth, a proselyte ejaculates.

who's the bigger hack Chomsky or Dawkins?

His books on evolution are quite nice, though his books on religion are not.

me desu

Found the Muslim.

nice.jpg

lmao

Yeah, and then he became one.
He should write a book on that.

What gave it away?

memes would still exist without this douchebag, it would just have a different name

literally no one but dorkins, that absolute madman, could of invented memes

Keep telling yourself that, Hakeem.

You need to stop projecting, Mohamet. Come back to the mosque, we miss you mate.

Chomsky is an original thinker, Dawkins is not.

Richard Dawkins is to atheism what Jack Chick is to Christianity, the difference being that Chick can draw.

Actually he kind of sucks at drawing

Somehow manages to combine all the aspects of the fedora atheist, the holier-than-thou liberal, and the aggressively autistic reactionary into an concentrated ball of sheer unpleasantness. Mildly relevant in evolutionary biology, nothing but an annoyingly persistent zit on the face of serious philosophical thought.

There's no such thing as a "fedora atheist". There are the fedora-wearing SJW white knights like yourself, who detest Dawkins for shitting on Islam and feminism.

I think the fedora transcends ideology.

Not a Dawkins fan but the Selfish gene is kind of undeniably a great book

He really is the pioneer of the meme though. I honestly don't think anyone else would have thought of it or established such a simple word for it that in itself has become a sort of meme.

I don't like the tipper.

People would still be calling them catchphrases and image macros.

>FB_IMG_1461588061291

cba

calling them catchphrases and image macros are exactly what im saying in that it wouldn't propagate itself as something beyond just formatted jokes in verbal or image form

calling something a catchphrase wouldn't have as much meaning as calling something a meme, Drake wouldn't have been able to platform his entire musical identity as an image macro; he's a meme

Nice try, nice try.

Pretty amazing human. Not eloquent enough to deal with the retard religious people he fights with in his documentaries. Should probably leave these fights to people like Sam Harris and the late Hitchens.

maggoty dog shit

anyybody has the rest of these?
the continental philosophy been region specific and others

He can be an edgy cunt at times, but his heart's in the right place.

The God Delusion is hilariously dumb. For a scientist, Dawkins sure faild to apply any critical thought to what he shit out in that book.

His works on biology are probably good though, I wouldn't know.

anyone else here read his awful autobiography?

But cant you see how language itself determines the way we behave, in the hyper-accelerated online domain most of all. By creating a simple technical term that perfectly encompasses the propagation of cultural and Dawkins has enabled its existence beyond the realm of obscure funny pictures.

The true stroke of genius was the name - "Meme!" Such a simple, aesthetic term guarantees its own place in the lexicon and by extension forces the propagation of memes as tangible phenomena!

there's literally nothing wrong with the god delusion, you just signal that you think it's stupid because you're afraid of being called a fedora, you're just as bad as the sjws

daily reminder christcucks will defend the mental gymnastics of aquinas and co. as anything other than low tier philosophical
apologetics in the service of giving low iq people (who are supposed to have faith) a way to pretend jebus is """logical"""

That's some God-tier (ha ha I'm capitalising God, try not to have an aneurysm) projecting right there.

i bet you want to get fucked in the ass by penn jillette

not him but i do desu

>There's no such thing as a "fedora atheist"
night lads