Is some version of Rory the best you can possibly get when trying to raise a literate child...

Is some version of Rory the best you can possibly get when trying to raise a literate child? Is it even possible in the digital age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y504dleYEeE#t=2m30s
fanfiction.net/s/4550416/1/Packaged-Goods
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Carroll#Discussion_of_Dodgson.27s_sexuality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That bitch is 34 now, dude. 34. Her pussy has been mummified for a decade. Let her rest.

Obviously referring to season 1, which is on Netflix(TM)

i love gilmore girls but rory's character sometimes confused me. like she had read literally every book ever but then also did all this other stuff in the town all the time and she was only like 15 or something. it made no sense

>tfw 33

it's okay as long as you're a guy

The Valedictorian at my hs was president of student council, 4 season athlete, straight A student, worked like 20 hours a week at a local supermarket and name dropped just about any book you could imagine.

she got into harvard and burned out first semester, and then traveled by foot through India and Tibet

>he doesn't like cakes

I wish i had the drive to do half those things. I just masturbate and pretend to read most days.

>Tibet
Has the Deli Llama come back yet?

Who is best girl, Hermione or Rory?

rory turned into a complete self absorbed cunt around season 3-4

Hermione desu senpai

>tfw no rory daughter gf

Seriously though, is this a Veeky Forums approved show?

Truthfully, when it's on television and I catch it when I'm flicking through the channels I linger on it for a few extra seconds than I would other channels, just to catch a glimpse of Rory, before flicking to the next channel. I still have to change the channel quickly of course so my family don't think I'm actually watching Gilmore Girls. I don't want them to think I'm any more homosexual than they already think I am. I've never watched any more than a few seconds of it at a time.

Gilmore girls is pure kino

Seriously, its one fo the few shows /tv/ universally enjoys

Amen. Gilmore Girls went from interesting to "hurrr durr how can I sabotage this relationship?"

>tfw Alexis Bledel says she's Latina

It started off as a great, culturally aware tv show, then went shit but still mostly watchable for some strange reason.

First two seasons no one can claim are bad at all.

Maybe she only did all that shit because her parents were pushing her.

do you kean literate as in they can communicate and comprehend effectively or they just read alot of books?

Those dont always go together

Thats usually the case

People like that often dont have a life of their own, theyre just filled with ideas on what theyre "supposed" to do

Also explains why so many break down/go against it later

Yeah but she redeemed herself in the final season, especially since she rejected Logan that cunt

I was filled with ideas on what I was supposed to do as well

but since I am male, I had the ability not to give a fuck

Bond over reading?

Shes fictional brah. :(
But imagine not spending excess time on the Internet. Or having one major friend who is allowed out sporadically. Or a dream of university and high standards set by yourself.

You all sit through countless films and tv shows but act like reading is impossible.

How to make Gilmore Girls/Bunheads chimera spawn? Well read and well danced.

just stream it somewhere. not that hard user

yes if you forcefeed literature down their throats from birth they'll become familiar with that world and develop an interest for it

every single aspect in this show is highly idealized so no. ive never met a single person who talks how the people in this show do

>tfw this was you and all you really want to do is burn out and travel by foot through India and Tibet
Plus I'm a man, I don't even have to worry about getting raped on the way. Or can worry slightly less, at least.

I adore the performance of Maybe This Time at 2:30 here

youtube.com/watch?v=y504dleYEeE#t=2m30s

This happened when I was growing up, somewhat to me but also to my best friend to the extreme. She wasn't allowed to watch TV or use the internet, was made to do absolutely everything such as music, sports, tutoring etc. Her mother saw me as competition and I always felt bad for her. When it came to choosing a secondary school her mum found out that I had got a scholarship for a private school so got a tutor for her so she also got in. When it came to applying for university she was forced to apply for Oxford and was rejected straight away because she had ended up like a performing seal - good at exams, music etc but no intellect, no interests and no substance. I still feel bad for her as she went wild at Uni, didn't know how to look after herself without the strict guidance of her mother. She fucked up and has ended up getting a very low mark in the first two years of her law degree where as I'm very comfortably getting firsts in my exams. I always wonder if she ever feels anger towards her mother.

They only talk fast because of their supposed to run on caffeine. As for inserting references into every day speak - you dont do that?

>fanfiction.net/s/4550416/1/Packaged-Goods
>550.000 word Gilmore girls fan fiction

Is this patrician?

>You all sit through countless films and tv shows but act like reading is impossible.
have you actually watched the show? the amount of books she namedrops is insane, especially for like a 15 year old

To answer your questions, yes and I hope so. I hate all that Montessori bullshit, but if I have kids I may have to go for it. Many parents are giving their 4 year old kids iPads so they can watch Minecraft videos on YouTube all day and schools are going the same way with "integrated learning", which basically means "less teacher and more computer".

Nah, it's just how the writer of the show writes. They also talked fast in bunheads. It can create a kind of time dilation effect where a 20 minute show feels longer

In younger years education something like Montessori seems more or less optimal. What I don't like is where you have schools that prioritise attendance because the kid might fall behind on independent learning.

As they start to get older the big hole in education to me is political training and similar. Regular round tables and debates and so on. Schooling has to prepare you to understand that part of society in particular.

Ive watched the show, unashamedly, at least three times I'm a guy. Shes written as a bright child but we know nothing of her canon reading speed. It is stated she reads more than one book at once however. I dunno. Its not unbelievable but i get what youre saying. She could just be namedropping though?

Bunheads worth a watch?

Why do I have a thing for fiveheads? And why is it never reciprocated? ;_;

I enjoyed it at the time. And I was disappointed when it got cancelled.

Alien abduction fetish.

It's pretty unbelievable, at one point they say she was reading Tolstoy at five, and she's constantly making references to books, or to classic films or music, she's a literal encyclopedia of culture, while also having a social life, romantic life, being valedictorian of an incredibly selective high school, and being involved in town events. It's kind of unrealistic honestly, and takes away from her character when her only flaw is "bad at relationship choices, but grows out of it".

She also becomes fucking intolerable in the later seasons, once she gets into university, the side characters really carry the show at that point. The whole plot with the band is way more interesting than the whole "Which of the gilmores can fuck a more intolerable person?" thing that starts going on.

>India
How many times was she raped?

The rape areas in India are "coincidentally" the expat westernised areas like Goa with large areas where Pajeets aren't allowed.

I'm not saying that rape is high because western rapists go and live there. Rest of India is mostly alright.

but seriously you DON'T travel through India alone as a girl,

she obviously had a guy with her

I know girls who go and travel alone through areas like India to Tibet. The worst experience was a Jewish girl who was thrown in jail for having arab shit on her in Israel.

>kino
Someone explain this meme please

There was a semi-copypasta on /tv/ about what the difference was between a movie and a film. Some people replied seriously and some people trolled the threads. After months the end result was that 'movie' was memed to mean something created for the masses and 'film' was memed to mean something created with artistry. Over time more terms were added like cinema and kinotegraph. Kino eventually became the meme for the 'most patrician' one.

Making references to widely known or cult classics isnt an amazing feat dude. She isnt exactly a social creature until university: her best friend isnt allowed out much and she spends a lot of it studying aka reading.

Bf power ranking:

Logan > Jess > Dean

I agree about the Tolstoy part though.

>tfw no cute Veeky Forums cultural meme gf

She makes references to the actual plot though, or characters, and quotes scenes from it, it's more than just making references to shit you could get from a wikipedia page. It's also implied she'd read the books or seen the movies.

You're kinda right about the social aspect though, but she does still have a social life, and is regularly shown as doing better than people who have next to none, and spend all their time learning and studying (Paris, for example, though not the best one obviously).

How can you honestly think Dean is the worst though? He's the only one that isn't an unredeemable cunt. Logan's whole plotline is "I'm a rich trust fund kiddie, but it's totally okay because my dad wants me to work as an executive in his fuck huge company, and I have no choice. Also I end up loving working in the company". And Jess is just edgy and retarded, spends his whole time being a dick to literally every body and somehow avoiding ever dealing with the police despite the tonnes of illegal stuff he does. He gets better though, I'll admit.

Logan is best boyfriend because he is as well read and culturally referenced as she is. Yeah hes a trust fund babby but he readily calls out Rory for her shit, doesnt push her into doing anything and allows her to make massive mistakes in order to mature (ie quitting Yale but points out was her decision). Its her first actual relationship and they break up because it had no where to go.

Jess was everything her mom said he'd be. Again he's Veeky Forums but is only really great when he returns as published author and arty guy. I think his attachment to her is bizarre since he seems like his confidence only comes from her.

Dean is a pushy cheating douche.

Being ridiculously culturally referenced is no use if you're still just going to act like a spoiled child. He also doesn't really ever discuss reading, he's too busy doing shit with his retard friends and the super secret group that apparently everyone is in. All of the boyfriends call her on her shit, and he does push her into doing stuff, just not stuff that doesn't suit him. The whole point of the character is that he's a stuffy rich dude just posturing as being hard done by, just like Rory was at that point in the show, she had everything paid for by her rich father, or rich grandparents.

As I said, his entire arc is "Oh, woe is me, my life is so hard because my incredibly rich family want me to work in their incredibly large company, and I don't want to, though I have nothing else I actually want to be, and enjoy doing that".

Jess was way better later on, I'll agree, but he wasn't the boyfriend at that point, he was the ex. As a boyfriend, he was a dick, and didn't really have anything to redeem himself by apart from him reading.

Dean was a cunt later in the show, but that was as much Rory's fault as his. When he was the boyfriend, he wasn't pushy, was jealous about the guy she was obviously interested in (which is fair enough), but never really blamed her until it was obvious she didn't care about who got hurt, made an attempt to read more and generally did nothing to hurt her. The only time he was pushy was when he didn't want her hanging out with the guy she was developing an entire relationship, and essentially cheating on him with.

The more I learn about the Jews, the more I like them

why are you doing this

Shut the fuck up, you middlebrow psued

I cant believe I'm arguing about fictional boyfriends on the internet with i assume is another man.

Rory was a tramp

>>she got into harvard and burned out first semester, and then traveled by foot through India and Tibet
You forget that she was shagged on the way

Is Gilmore Girls any good? Never seen an episode.

>especially since she rejected Logan that cunt
muh stong woman who needs no man

She didn't reject him. She turned down his marriage proposal as it wasnt the right time. The relationship thus had no where to go aka the next chapter of her life opens

Its an incredibly comfy show my friend. Get on it.

Anyone else looking forward to the Netflix reboot?

>Is Gilmore Girls any good? Never seen an episode.
no. GG is entourage for girls.
Rory is the only interesting part of the show.

the show is divided into
-Rory the whore who thinks that she is pure
-the liberated whore mother who is fucked by god only knows how many men (women do not like to be called whores, if this were entourage, they be could whores)
-the rest of the WASP town

Rory has 3 boyfriends (all betas of course)
-Dean the beta: devoted, (therefore) boring, taking shit up to a level unknown to men, always here to support the whore Rory materially and emotionally
(this guy do not fuck her for years)
this is the safe man, that every woman dream of
-Some manlet: mysterious, dangerous, unpredictable, HURTING
this is the exciting man that each woman dream of, from which she accepts to be hurt but not too much
-logan, the combination of the two: the rich beta devoted to her, but not to much since he still can get other girls, still unpredictable and doing things at the last minute, impulsive but always safe for Rory the whore. The wealth from logan allows a completely diversity of leisure while being so safe, so that Rory the whore falls in love with the beta.
He is drama but not hurting as much as the manlet...
This boy is the only boy that Rory loves in the show.
This boy gives Rory a life in her liberal fantasy of becoming a journalist.

The manlet fucked Rory in her prime IRL.

DELETE THIS

Where can I watch those fast talking cunts?

Netflix last I checked

>literally just using insults because they make you sound smart

We were talking about a tv show, not being fucking pseuds, and what's middlebrow even got to do with it?

Rory is the typical female who loves to be provided for by men(the first beta was building her a car...) while despising this, through being reminded of her easy life for being:
-a woman
-not a an ugly woman
-a family which has a network
-loving to spread her legs (especially when it suits her)
her friend paris is the same with being fucked by the writer.

I did wank to her though. I loved when she cried in her bathroom and asking why logan did not like her back.
I also wanted to take Paris and Rory in douple penetration

>I also wanted to take Paris and Rory in douple penetration
Like they peg you at the same time?

I buyed Alice In Wonderland for my niece today. She is 1 year old. Does she have a chance yet?

>I buyed Alice In Wonderland for my niece today. She is 1 year old
if I'm not being memed, this is hilarious
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Carroll#Discussion_of_Dodgson.27s_sexuality

are you retarded

why would I be retarded?

its literally a classic of children's literature that's sold millions of copies in tons of languages

>loving to spread her legs
bruh she didn't lose her virginity until like the 5th season.

she slept with married man

I sleep with married man, where's the problem?

Why stop at just one?

I'm not sure which is worse: sleeping with a married man or being the married man whose married only because your true waifu rejected you and so you're in a sham marriage

>reading the Gilbert study

my dad made me read I hated him for it at the time but now I enjoy reading for f*n

>it's a norman mailer guest appearance episode

I bet you read it without a study at all

Ding ding ding!

like I take Rory and Paris take her too

but two pegging works too