I just graduated college and have to make a decision on what to do with the rest of my life (or at least pick a...

I just graduated college and have to make a decision on what to do with the rest of my life (or at least pick a direction for the next 5 years). I'm lucky enough to have a degree (if a lame one) and no debt, so I don't want to fuck this up.

What books can help me with this? I'm starting with the republic, so far it seems pretty good, what with the arguments on whether being just or not is actually the good life.

How in the fuck is the republic going to help you with that? Are you god damn retarded

no literature will really help you. if you wanted an advice thread, why didn't you just ask for it?

You want something that won't be too long and too ponderous, you want something that is well-considered, and you want something that tells the truth, at least as its author sees it.

I'd recommend Augustine's Confessions. This is not to try and convert you to Christianity, but merely because once upon a time Augustine was at a crossroads in his life like you, and it might interest you to see how he dealt with it.

this sounds like what I'm looking for, thanks.

I don't want advice from people on Veeky Forums, I'm looking for some of the great thinkers/leaders/etc. There might be some here, but that's kind of a stretch.

i am going to sound like a prick, but how in the world are you out of college and just picking up The Republic now? I studied my Plato my freshman year. What the hell did you go to school for?

>on Veeky Forums asking for advice
>Veeky Forums is on Veeky Forums
>"I don't want advice from people on the 4chins guise"

What even is intelligence

nice pic lol

>I'm looking for some of the great thinkers/leaders/etc

Nosce te ipsum.

Wat's your lame degree OP? Don't tell me it's a BA in literature.

>too long and ponderous

Because when deciding one's course in life, it is best not to think, and you may as well scratch any data source that requires a long attention span.

Was in the same place as you 3 years ago user (I also started with republic) if you have a primary passion, study the hell out of philosophy while you move towards your goal, if not, philosophy is secondary to finding something you enjoy doing (that can make you living money)

Also, Epictetus is your guy. When you start feeling how fucked up the world is, Stoics and Camus are your zen

Or stop being a bitch and go straight for Zen: Bodhidharms blood stream sermons, The Gateless Gate, Dogen, etc.

>I just graduated college and have to make a decision on what to do with the rest of my life

How come you didnt do this whilst you were at college?

This guy is on point. Unless you're considering jihad, no book is going to provide much guidance in regards to directing your life.

What did you major in?

>just graduated
>stars a hey guys how get into reading thread

I am just as confused as .

BTFO

t. Philosophy major

Meditations brah