>2015: Reactionary Christian
>2016: Islam

What is next for lit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionary_Church_of_Kopimism
twitter.com/richarddawkins/status/334656775196393473
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Marxists are still here, the reactionaries are growing and there are no Muslims at all

I have not seen a lick of Islam on here.

These days our meme seems to be Gaddis. DFW and Nietzsche are as omnipresent as ever, as well.

Gassposters are growing in number too, but that's more of a good thing than a bad thing.

Gass is the fucking worst. I got memed into reading his books, such a waste of time. It's actual literary masturbation. Gaddis was great though

The Muslims here will post those anti-Dawkins threads from time to time.

I miss Marxist Veeky Forums .. : (

I am glad Stirner bros have moved on

Not a big fan of this Gass shit at the moment. Guessing its coming from all the DFW bros watching his interviews and hearing DFW namedrop him in like every fucking interview

Not seeing the Islam love either

>It's actual literary masturbation
Honestly I don't know why you would read anything else. Get your pappy to tuck you in if you want a story.

Nearly all the Christposting was/is Catholic, too. Not exactly what I'd call 'reactionary,' though I guess you could make the point that the Church is the most reactionary institution on Earth.

Dawkins as a public figure fascinates me because of how closely he has followed the slow evolution of this certain demographic of STEM-type libertarians into the birthing and still uncertain neo-reactionary culture. Though in a kind of old English man way of his own.

I think a lot more people than Muslims hate him these days.

>2014: Reactionary Marxist
>2015: Enlightenment
>2016: Liberal Christianity
>2017: Conservative Christianity
>2017: Conservative Christianity

etc.

Oh, hey, this is the exact path the West is going to follow when the American Empire finally breaks.

2014 was Hellenism

zip it commie

You mean when the American Empire formally announces it is an empire with the coming Caesar

Only because of Butterfly.

>tfw the Christians drove her off the board

I want to spoon butterfly

Cyberislamic Accelerationism

We're living in a renaissance of political philosophy, user. Read and be enlightened.

>that Oxford World's Classics edition

I can't be doin' with this.

Made me kek

actually I left to go fight capitalist imperialism in ukraine

Their edition of Ben Carson's memoir is also worth picking up.

If this is irony this fucking brilliant. Capitalism and Communism being both Western European impositions on the Orthodox peoples of the Russian Empire and its surroundings, taking the role of a Communist in the fight against Capitalism hurting them is like giving a leech to somebody you have infected with a disease, knowing it will kill them.

>3/7 aren't even in English

They're influential in translation. These are the primary texts.

The first time I've actually laughed at a Veeky Forums image in a long time. That's pretty inspired.

But yeah, Veeky Forums is certainly not Muslim; I think it's still on its (Anglo-)Catholic, Eliot-influenced phase (even though most people here are not literate enough to have actually read Eliot). I think that the Kabbalah and Toranic studies should come into vogue next, perhaps along with a paradoxically increased worship of antisemitic Modernists like Pound, Eliot, etc.

You're a fucking moron

AD 2017: For it is foretold, the Dark Enlightenment's shade shall cause a causatum that is a skin of whiteness that which will come upon us with the 31,556,952,000,000,000 nanoseconds of intense Vitamin D deficiency brought by that which has come and come and come.

The antisemitism of Pound and Eliot is purely coincidental. The trauma of WW1 made it a very popular belief.

hahaha, yeah right

basically the anti-feminists of the board hated that their left wing stance on lots of things would have led them to also be feminist. and rather than that, they did a 180 and went full church since it institutionalizes anti-feminism. accordingly they take on all the baggage of christianity just for the 'benefits' of being anti-feminist

Veeky Forums is children

Nah it was liberalism -> Christianity -> Marxism

Next is probably Jewish mysticism of Eastern philosophy

Sincerity.

I'm a radical volkisch feminist. Patriarchy is an alien Semitic system that usurped the aryan goddess cult.

I could see Veeky Forums trying to move towards a sincere expression of Hellenic paganism.

#MAGA

Shhh

I would say Stoicism, but that would actually make sense

>Gaddis was great though

Radical transhumanism

Same on line 1
Line 2: Not yet boyo

A slow but inexorable decline into yet another /pol/ board.

Ergo: Ezra Pound.

intersectional, sex-positive 3rd wave liberal feminism

Nick Land's growing popularity indicates that it will be some form of transhumanism. I'm actually excited t b h f a m.

What do you mean? I'm not really familiar with /pol/ other than they're wildly reactionary and love capitalism.

>2017: Kopisim

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionary_Church_of_Kopimism

most of this board is somewhat left to apolitical. There is some crossover with /pol/ and lots of blatant shitposting.
the fedora of religions

You dont know how right you are, but I think the so called STEM libertarians are a much broader group of analytic empiricists

twitter.com/richarddawkins/status/334656775196393473

I still remember how when I first saw the tweet on an image, I thought it had to be fake. Yet, it's not.

not exactly, most of them seem to be naive liberal materialists, too naive as to be aware of their own ideology. ie. is a weird combination of 60s individualism, neoliberal/randian ethics and a reaction to their parents' christianity. As the liberal democratic order crumbles, libertarianism moves to its logical but at the same time somewhat paradoxical conclusion. ie. neofeudalism, neoreaction

The English never have and never will understand philosophy

BolaƱoposters have been growing in number since 2666 got oficially included in the meme triology.
#VoteBolaƱo2017

Didn't mean to quote you, my bad

2017: Proto-ironic pseud

2017+: ACCELERATE

cute theory

I personally can't get over pop feminism being a case study for penis envy. :3 Idiot girls posting SCUM manifesto pics are literally scum themselves and if they represent feminism then fuck feminism.

unplug yourself

I'm an ex-Muslim

Very accurate

>2014: Marxism
>2015: Hellenism, Marxism
>2016: Pure shitposting and /pol/

Congrats

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

2017: Deleuzian Anarchism

rev up ur war machines brothers ;)

Austrian Economics

Man, linking to wikipedia on the alt-right is like linking to conservapedia on creationism.

>unified by support for Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump [...] and anti-democratic thought.

How could a group possibly be unified by a brazen populist and anti-democratic thought at the same time?

Not neccesarly, most of the people who embrace that label are either authoritarian fascists or nationalistic anarcho-capitalists, who merely see Trump as the candidate who's closer to their ideas. Much like many in the far-left support Sanders when he's more of a social democrat.

Thanks

Fascists have a tendency to be brazen populists. Read a history book.

Retard

We already went through that though, it just wasn't that famous

what's that?

The right cultural shift has brought a lot of Bible post recently. Finally Veeky Forums is taking the scriptures seriously, always with the caveat of only being interested it its impact on the western world or its literary quality.