Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums.

I was just wondering, what books did you enjoy reading when you were younger?

Was there anyone else that read Deltora Quest on this board?

Bunnicula and Gregor series

This series was the shit.

I read just about everything by Paul Jennings and Morris Gleitzman and have no regrets. Based kids' authors.

I remember reading Deltora Quest and listening to blink 182 on a walkman when the series came out and listening to Led Zeppelin on an iPod by the time the original series concluded

Goosebumps [/spoiler[

I always liked Redwall. Basic swords and sorcery furry shit.

Why would you unironically read this, even as a child, given an alternative?

It was more than that though! Redwall was viscous and loving. Beautiful and tragic with death of main characters and continuing lines of lineage throughout the books. telling a story that lasts decades in canon.

Mice went around killing baby rats looking for one of their own! That's pretty gangster for a kid's book.

the helmet has horns

shit, i didnt see

it's ok

eh. Garry Kilworth's Welkin weasels thing was the patrician version

Gems on the spine.

I read the first of these, and even though the little blurb on the cover declared that it was as good as Redwall, I was just never convinced. I loved how rich the world and worldbuilding was however.

This book was some of the first fantasy I read when i was young, this and The Spooks Apprentice, The Amulet Of Samarkand.

Looking back at it, re reads is probably a bad idea.

thanks for bringing back the memories op

Anybody else read these? They were pretty much my favourite series as a teenager. Growing up with the characters helped, too.

got up to mad dogs before i got bored of them

Holy shit! I have this somewhere at my moms still, i dont even know how it came into the house but its there.

I didnt read anything but the part with the big monster

does anyone else remember when reading was interesting and fun?

The first few Spooks books were genuinely pretty good. I only read them as a child because my uncle owned them

I really liked them, they had decent enough imagery that I still remember what the characters looked like, and the ending was actually surprisingly good.
might do a re read this weekend.

I read I think most of them. I can't remember ANYTHING about them though.

I remember getting a set of those as a present then feeling guilty for never reading them

I read the first one and got too bored to bother continuing

I literally couldn't tell the difference if this was the same format as reddit

it's kinda weird when i was 12-13 i read an encyclopedia and the bible.

>le difference edge nerd

the opposite actually poorfag with dysfunctional family (we don't celebrate christmas nor bday's).

Was your family Jehovah's Witnesses?

This, Harry Potter and those Skullduggery books

who /starcatcher/ here

the mermaid scene gave me an exceptional pre-teen erection

Yes.

I remember being 10 reading those and thinking how cool it must be to be 16, having girlfriends n' shit. Alas, how the years have gone by.

I'm the exact way. I got the entire series in a single boxset from my cousin for my birthday once and never touched it.

I fucking loved redwall as a kid. It was the same shit every time but I didn't even care because it was that good. Those giant descriptions of food at feasts were comfy as fuck. Everything about the abbey was always comfy as fuck too, everybody being so nice and welcoming all the time. Damn.

Has anybody reread any of them since they were a kid? Are they still good or is it all nostalgia that would be ruined if I reread them as an adult?

These, and
Spiderwick chronicles
Inkheart/inkspell
Chronicles of Narnia

Did anyone read the Keys to the Kingdom series?

I did read original series. I almost started the follow up series but I had to borrow then from the library so i didn't really get a chance.

Anyway they were so fun!

>the follow up series

They weren't as good.

Lord of the Rings and Narnia

Loved the shit out of this series back in grade 6. I've been meaning to read them again and see if their as good as I remember. Or if they're actually horrible.

Oh my god,THANK YOU. I've trying to remember this series for over a year now. I read almost all the books when I was younger but couldn't remember the series name or author.