Hey Veeky Forums, I just wrote my first essay intended for publication...

Hey Veeky Forums, I just wrote my first essay intended for publication. It basically explains the whole waifu subculture to normalfags and uses it as a commentary on current society.

It's around 1500 words, and I'm not sure where I should submit it, any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

chronicle.com/article/Why-Academics-Writing-Stinks/148989/
youtube.com/watch?v=SSlKh4if6P0
manchester.academia.edu/VladSchüler
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

submit it here so we could bully you

lol
That sounds gay as fuck.
Definitely post it here.

>asking writers for help getting published

You have a lot to learn about the literary world, my friend.

Okay r8 the first paragraph.

The core sexual values of Western civilization, those of monogamy and marriage, are deteriorating into nothingness. Promiscuity among the general population has risen to record rates, largely in part due to the advent of birth control and subversive media influence. This state of affairs has begun to reach a head, the youth of today have deromanticized, trivialized, and automated sexual relations. As a result, it has become increasingly difficult for males to obtain what was once seen as a standard, a devoted virgin wife. The scope of this issue is too broad to adequately discuss in a short essay such as this. What I will be focusing on are the effects of the above on boys and young men. In particular, I will be focusing on one effect, which I shall term "Waifuism".

Hopefully you are joking.
This will never be published, ever.
It's spooked as fuck and every single sentence is a meme.
It's also transparently autobiographical, which makes the veneer of scientific investigation totally implausible.

The meme is part of the appeal my man. I thought kids were into the ironic meme shit nowadays.

You should practice actually being a good writer before you take on the whole 7 layers of irony-kung-fu thing.

Dang, so does it like have bad grammar and stuff? Or is it the content of the sentences? Is it like the order...? Here is another paragraph randomly selected..

At the 3rd stage of waifuism we reach major memorabilia collection. While the second stage involves digital media, the third stage involves physical goods that cost money. Typical in this stage are what are known as dakimakuras. These are human sized body pillows with an image of the character printed on both sides. Dakimakuras are thought to be a physical manifestation of the character in the real world and are treated as such by waifu lovers. It is not uncommon for the husbando to engage in physical acts with the dakimakura. At last we reach the fourth stage of waifuism, the genuine belief that you and your waifu are in a real relationship. Everything in this stage is completely internalized, and so it is difficult to detail exactly what happens. Whatever the case may be, the imagination of the waifu lover has lead him to believe that his waifu truly loves him, and he experiences a very real sensation of happiness.

>OP actually spent countless hours to write 1500 pages of this

I thought that normalfags might have a morbid curiosity about the world of no life anime lovers.

You're assuming that they don't already understand it.

Most people aren't even vaguely familiar with the term waifu or husbando. Most people don't even know what anime is.

What you have posted is complete trash.

You need to create more distance between yourself and the topic. You also need to read more and have your thoughts criticized by educated people rather than r9k losers.

It is completely obvious that you live with your parents and have not completed any type of undergraduate degree. You probably do not have a social circle either. Fix all of that before you bother trying to write.

So you're loading them up with superfluous terminology to explain a phenomenon with which they're already totally familiar.

Fuck the haters man. Post the whole thing. I think your ideas are interesting.

>The core sexual values of Western civilization, those of monogamy and marriage, are deteriorating into nothingness. Promiscuity among the general population has risen to record rates, largely in part due to the advent of birth control and subversive media influence.

Sorry Sir we no longer publish writers from Pol.com

Okay. Not only are they not familiar with the terms, they are not familiar with the behavior.
Wow, that's lame. I don't think social standing or education has any bearing on whether or not someone can be a good writer. I totally disagree.

Self publish via blog and reddit advertise it. That is your best bet. Serious publications don't have room for (no offense) undergraduate level shit like this. It seems like a culture critique or an editorial piece but people want to read suave and nuanced, sophisticated pieces that aren't read abruptly, like a teenager's first time behind the wheel. I would highly suggest you start reading editorials in Harper's, the New Yorker, and associated publications if this is something you want to be doing. Also, look up Steven pinker's essay on "academese" and how restrictive format of academic-style writing has become.

You really think being a dweeb is all that complicated? What's there to get? I think normalfags understand you a lot better than you understand yourself. They don't need to know what a dakimakura is. This is part of what makes your essay shitty; you can't see the forest for the trees.

>they are not familiar with the behavior.
How did you come to this conclusion?

this
be more detached
back up your assertions
you can do something with this
but you must be very careful
read the academic lit on "hookup culture", otaku, etc.
use google scholar for this purpose

:^)
I'm doing it for the meme value. I think it would be hilarious if some obscure little magazine had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to throw together something and ended up posting an essay on waifus and anime. I do enjoy it, but I never intended it to be a career.

Are you referring to this?

chronicle.com/article/Why-Academics-Writing-Stinks/148989/

What motivates a man to retreat from society and spend all day watching little girl cartoons? I think the mindset of someone so strange could have the potential to be interesting to a lot of people. It evidently isn't to you, because you are so knowledgeable.

Okay, I can be more detached, but I'm not sure what you mean. Could you post something that you believe has a detached tone?

We all know this is a joke right? We're all just playing along, right?

>I don't think education has any bearing on whether or not someone can be a good writer.

Hermano.

Formal education beyond the basic level. Obviously someone who isn't literate can't be a good writer, but I don't need to pursue a degree in English or whatever.

You're trying to elevate loserdom into something it isn't. It's a strained task from the outset, especially for someone who evidently has little writing experience. Also you seem confused as to who your audience is, although I'm sure you'll rationalize that away too. One second you're doing it ironically for "the meme value" the next you're doing it legitimately to enlighten normalfags. Could it be that you're just full of shit and seeking validation? Getting buttmad at the first sign of setback is strong evidence.
Verdict: Guilty.

>I will be focusing on one effect, which I shall term "Waifuism".

you're obviously 16 and autistic

>I will
>then
>I shall

Egregious faggotry.

>I think it would be hilarious if some obscure little magazine had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to throw together something and ended up posting an essay on waifus and anime.

I searched "Otaku Culture" on jstor and came up with 222 results

I actually took a three credit course on anime, manga, and japanese videogames last summer at university. I needed some elective credit for my degree, shit was so cash.

Conflating waifuism with loserdom is a huge mistake, you can have a waifu and be a very successful person. If you cannot understand something so basic, you are not as educated as you are trying to seem. I am not trying to "elevate" waifuism, I'm describing the characteristics associated with the movement in an unbiased way. I thought I made myself clear, my audience are those who do not have a familiarity with the waifu movement, in other words, normalfags. Meme value can be derived while simultaneously educating normalfags, the two do not conflict at all. Where have I been buttmad? I don't think I used any hostile language at all. Unfortunately, you cannot restrain yourself in the same way.

I'm not sure how it is you got so upset over an innocuous little essay by a fledgling writer, did I say something politically incorrect that pissed you off? Cool your jets.

Verdict: Not Guilty.

>Where have I been buttmad? I don't think I used any hostile language at all. Unfortunately, you cannot restrain yourself in the same way.

If if you weren't buttmad, then why would you need to restrain yourself?
Lawyer'd
Now get the fuck off my board.

I came here to laugh at you

Talk Amongst Yourselves might publish it.

>you can have a waifu and be a very successful person.
> you are not as educated as you are trying to seem.
are you talking to yourself? because you really should take your own advice.

This is Veeky Forums and unwarranted hostility is expected, I could very easily call you a huge faggot (you are a huge faggot by the way) and tell you to fuck off instead of wasting time having an argument. To not do so is a form of restraint, regardless of the emotional state of the user. Calling you a huge faggot does not necessarily mean I am mad, on the contrary it very well may mean that I am laughing at you and find the whole thing amusing. However, the only indication that one MAY be mad is that they DO use hostile language, and that is why I brought it up in the first place. Easy enough to understand you silly little sophist?
"no u"

Great argument brah.

>"no u"
I'm not the other user

Your writing has improved drastically. I think you're trolling at this point.

>dismissively calls others sophists
>while writing paragraphs of sophistry

Are you Jewish by any chance?

It's not dismissive, I addressed everything they said in that post and the former post before calling them a sophist. If you think I'm using dishonest arguments point it out and explain why I'm wrong. Funnily enough the only person who has dismissively called someone a sophist is YOU!

Asian Anthropology
Volume 12, Issue 2, 2013
Maid Cafés: The Affect of Fictional Characters in Akihabara, Japan

Maid cafés are establishments where waitresses wear costumes and talk to customers. Inspired by dating simulation games, maid cafés first appeared in the late 1990s in Akihabara, Japan, an area where dating simulation games were sold and players gathered. Maid cafés extended relations with fictional characters from media to physical reality, allowing players to interact with fictional characters in human form, while at the same time interacting with humans who perform characters. Having proliferated in the 2000s, maid cafés depend on dedicated customers, or “regulars.” Because physical and personal contact is strictly prohibited, maids only interact with customers “in character,” but regulars nevertheless form long-term, affectionate relationships with them. Maids are paid to perform affective labor in the café, and regulars pay to be there, but affective relations cannot be reduced to money relations. Based on five years of ethnographic fieldwork, this article shows how relationships are both enabled by the maid café and in excess of it. Interactions with the maid are not oriented toward the goal of “getting the girl,” and relations are not private or exclusive. Instead, the maid character – both fictional and real, always more than the individual – allows for affective relations that go beyond the common sense of human relations.

jesus
gtfo jew

I'm not Jewish.
Yeah that's honestly not that much better than what I wrote, but I can see how it feels a bit more analytical. It also helps that the scope of the article is narrower than mine is.

Tone is still too casual, you really need to read more academic writing. Also, a good first paragraph would be a discussion of the hikikomori/NEET phenomenon that's increasingly prevelant in the western world (I'm pretty sure statistics back this up). Use that as a segway into an examination of how such individuals satisfy their basic urges when they are deprived of many aspects of a normal social life, leading into waifuism.

Prepare to get ripped apart by feminists.
>devoted virgin wife
You could say, loyal and loving.
I'd be interested to read it, try making a blog.

user...this is truly bad...

thats a million times better than what you wrote. the abstract posted sounds professional, while you sound like a loserweeb trying to justify masturbating to anime

youtube.com/watch?v=SSlKh4if6P0

i hope so
jesus christ

this neckbeard beat you to it
manchester.academia.edu/VladSchüler
but it's in portuguese, and he seems to have realised he has to cut that shit out to have a career, so you can still beat him to publication

there's a certain slice of stupidity that's just ever so slightly far enough to the right of the general populace's IQ bell-curve to recognize that it's 'smarter' and more 'cultured' than the majority, yet lacks enough self-awareness to recognize how actually comparatively fucking retarded it is. the internet's echo-chamber communities enabled this demographic to expose its flawed logic.

1/10
you made me respond

I want to believe that this is bait but this site is too awful for me to delude myself like that.

>First person in an essay
Um..

More like prepare to be ripped apart by anyone with a three digit IQ

The essay is atrocious, but your last comment is nearly as terrible.

>writing semi-autobiographical works
you hack