Can you, with any certainty...

Can you, with any certainty, say that anything within the entire body of all philosophy has contributed anything meaningful to the world?

Yes, obviously. From where do you think logic spawned from?

And how often do you see logic being used meaningfully in the world?

..what?

Did I fucking stutter?

Wow, really?
Ever heard of the scientific method? Yeah, that spawned from philosophy, too.

You might as well have.

Not gonna try and justify logic? Okay.

law
politics
religion
commerce

You got a rebuttle or something in there or just more lame comebacks?

Rarer and rarer . . . .

all corrupted from their original intent. These things harm us now.

>Accuses logic of being useless
>Uses logic to argue with anons

commerce would have always existed independently of any philosophical notions

When did I accuse logic of being useless? I asked a question that no one could answer.

there's no logic to his arguments. he's fucking shitposting.

At the end of this line of thinking we could say the same of sentience itself, but at some point, you start sounding like an idiot.

We're past that point.

How does a flying car purple?

Exactly.

See? Way past it.

The tangential vectors of casseroles contradicts you.

Too logical.

>this thread

Are you fucking happy now asshole?

OP (who is fag) didn't say the contributions had to be good, just meaningful.

I was thinking more of advances in free trade and capitalism that appeared in the early modern period. Of course people have always traded but things like charging interest and even wholesaling are modern inventions that were fiercely debated by clergymen and secular intellectuals.

I could see an argument saying only positive contributions are actually meaningful, depending on how we define meaningful.

Plus we could argue that unless we assume existence actually has a meaning the entire thing is debatable. If life has no meaning then the contributions of philosophy have no meaning.

>this fucking thread

My sides are enlightened. Keep going.

As a real answer to put this thread to rest, game theory is a direct result of philosophy in its purest form and currently informs everything from financial decision-making to international affairs.

The resolution of the cold war in a non-thermonuclear manner was a direct result of philosophy.

Though, it is worth noting that the field of philosophy is somewhat divided on the subject of how anything can 'cause' a non-event. So you can make of that what you will.

Wow
Such elightenment
Much knowledge

>cold war
>resolved
I don't wanna get /pol/ on you guys but that has not been resolved in any meaningful way

A lot of salt will ruin any food, even lobster. But enough salt will improve any food. So, philosophy is like a mountain of salt. If you try to eat it all, you'r be salty as hell. But there are people who know how to use salt, and they make great novel, talk, and shit with a little salt in that.

>The US nukes.
>Other countries get nuked.
What else is there to understand?

re post with a cat to get attention.

A lot of salt will ruin any food, even lobster. But enough salt will improve any food. So, philosophy is like a mountain of salt. If you try to eat it all, you'r be salty as hell. But there are people who know how to use salt, and they make great novel, talk, and shit with a little salt in that.

You mean, apart from science, mathematics, and essentially *everything*?

Read a book, child.

It definitely was. That it has recently reignited doesn't really affect that.

There is open trade and immigration between the former communist states (exempting cuba for some reason, never understood that) and the rest of the world, and we're coming up on the second generation of children who aren't living in visceral fear of nuclear annihilation.

North Korea is unrecognized by the former communist states so don't even.

If you're the kind of acolyte of technological progress I imagine you to be, then yes, as science was once simply natural philosophy whose guiding principles were Neoplatonism.

So philosophy is actually salt?
Man, no wonder Nietzche was so damn salty all the time

what in the hell is "philosophy" to you? an elective in college? holy shit. it's an approach to life. it's criticality in thought, employing faculties of mind; logic and the lesser appreciated, intuition. it isn't an isolated science. it's not an invention, it is an emanation of human mind.

philosophy is a behavior of the concious, intelligent human mind, in examining reality. yes, it has use. your op was an exercise in critical thought, PHILOSOPHICAL, albeit a feeble one. all "science", the result of philosophical thought.

god damn you people are idiots.

We haven't addressed this. Unless we assume a meaning to life, we can't definitively prove a meaning to life and but so by extension everything, including the contributions of philosophy.

he was impotent, u know?

this thread is now about ducks

Wrong, he died of ze syphilis.
Limp dicks dont get syphilis, now do they?

You can be born with syphilis if your parent(s) had it.

Russia is not done. Dasvidaniya.

Dude don't do logic here
You're on Veeky Forums
On a thread about the meaningless of logic
Logicfags can GTFO

What part of what I said was logic.

so that's why he's salty. Try to get sex, but get sick, then die.

^ a fag rages meaningless shit. No need to care.

Such is human life.