So, was it really that funny?

So, was it really that funny?

Nope

I found it really forced. I also didn't see much of a purpose or focus in the humor, whereas as there is with Vonnegut.

Yes.

Yeah I found it funny. People often don't find the same things funny though.

Yeah I actually laughed out loud. I didn't really like the book too much though.

>When Yossarian moves the frontline in the map and that one official goes alone into an enemy controlled city

How could you not find it funny

It's funny if you have taste and aren't a butt-fucking faggot

Guys, is it dated in its humour or is it still accessible to plebs? I always see references in other media of the guy in the library or on the train being obnoxiously loud by CHORTLING or FULL OF THIGH-SLAP LAUGHING at this book.

i found it genuinely hilarious, but i don't know what you kids are into these days

I just read this last year. It was very funny at times, but it also just dragged on during other parts. Overall I'd say I liked it, and with its nonlinear storytelling and humor I can see why it's so popular, but I don't think it's as great as it's hyped up to be.

It's aged incredibly well for a comedy.

Also feels though. ;_;7

The first fifty pages were funny. Than the dialogue was always the same old shit - people "hilariously" misunderstanding one another in conversation, taking things too literally or whatever, and so on. It was like a stand up bit that went on for too long.

Much of that seemed intentional, almost to lull the reader into not expecting the deaths and rapes and shocking hell of the end. But it's been several years since I read it.

>Guys, is it dated in its humour or is it still accessible to plebs

you're a douche. it might be accessible to douchebags like yourself.

cry harder

It is funny. And if you've ever had to deal with government and/or military bureaucracy then you'll enjoy it even more.

No, it wasn't funny at all. Which makes the book shit since the focus on humor makes all the characters talk exactly the same so they can all make the same punchlines at each other. The concept would have been decent novella material but this shit just gets tedious.

oh I noticed, that just contributed to heller's idiotic edgy teenager worldview.

Yes
I don't get how people don't laugh out loud at some parts

this

t. ex-soldier and current bureaucrat

>edgy teenager worldview
>says the keyboard warrior about a man who fought in world war 2

He got a GI bill education ride and yet didn't emerge with any thoughts more profound than
>War is bad! Bureaucracy is bad! Religion is bad! People are bad! Things just don't make sense! Why don't people just not fight each other?
He can't think. He can't write.
Not to mention it's just plain weird this came from the victory side of arguably the most necessary war of the twentieth century. It's not like the just cause meant there was no PTSD or anything, but it wasn't exactly Vietnam.

Yes the funniest book ive read desu

>the most necessary war of the twentieth century.
Maybe from the perspective of the riff-raff at Buchenwald

it's funnier if you've been in

Holy fuck yes. I read it when I was 16 and thought it was funny as. That was like 3 years ago.

there, there

>most necessary war
>victory side
2/10 got me to reply