How can books even compete?

How can books even compete?

Gamers are so stupid you could force any pseudo meaningful, melodramatic "writing" into it and get 10/10 because theyd have nothing else to compare it to

Spec ops the line has the most basic story ever
OP is probably a shitposter from /b/ or /R9K/ let's ignore him

The fact that he doesnt complain about the prose shows you he didnt actually read HoD.

>The same story

how?

>someone unironically made this picture
this fills me with anger

>Spec Ops: The Line
>Meticulously crafted experience that deconstructs the very mechanics that make it a video game whilst also putting the player in the very centre of a critique of the post 9/11 US military industrial complex

>Heart of Darkness
>Some dude who couldn't even speak English properly wrote a book about why darkies are bad

Yeah I'll stick with my """""pleb""""" video game

>deconstructs
>>>>/tvtropes/

cringed

Ah yes, Monsieur, Spec OpS: The Line, played on a High End PC perchance? The only was any real liver of deep art should play it.

spec ops is 4 hours of head clicking with some hackneyed dude what if the Americans are the bad guys all along *hits blunt* garbage thrown in

>my brain can't process books

+1.

There are a number of differences here:

Leftmost the amount of time spent was probs like a couple of mins of cliffnotes.
Apocalypse Now they watched the film probs like once plus some time on IMDB for them to realise it was actually Harrison Ford in glasses.
Spec Ops the line was most likely like hundreds upon hundreds of hours.

The other thing to note is that the book has actual comments about the content of the book and narrative. The movie has no comment on the narrative and only on casting, directing and soundtrack really. The game is just some made up schlock that could be put under anything.

I would go so far as to put money (if that were possible) on the writer not having any direct contact with the book or movie, just cliffnotes and IMDB and maybe some reviews or something. I would also think that the average person on the street would put under the game "you shoot stuff" or something similar.

So what's the lesson of Spec Ops ? "muh phosphorous burns oh god" ?lol what a joke

>he needed vidja to find out about the black angels

t. /mu/

nah it was more to do with 'john, you are the demons'

I really liked the game but sorry op I'm with /llit/ on this one

>he is an adult
>he plays videogames

Has anything else degraded society quite like multisensory entertainment?

Are you talking about opera or as far back as Greek theater?

These images make me nauseous. It's not even any emotional reaction, I just feel ill.

Greek theatre was very much the beginning of the end imo

Soz m8

kek

Much better, thank you.

whilst interactive media is the superior medium, video game writers are less talented

mashing buttons is not intellectual, it's for children

Understanding and analysing the plot and symbolism is pretty k
Silent hill. Nuff said.

I read Heart of Darkness recently and it's not a meme, it's actually good. It makes me wonder how many other things in life and lit are not memes.

It seems that while videogames are a more expressive medium, they're so costly to make that you need to be deeply concerned with profits and mass appeal.

Things may be good, and also memes. You must strive to see beyond the memes. The light at the end of the meme-tunnel, if you will.