Tfw can't stop subvocalizing

>tfw can't stop subvocalizing

pleb

What is this meme that subvocalizing is bad?

slows you down m8.

When I read a book, I always pretend there's a child-version of myself in the room and I'm reading out loud to him

sometimes I even actually just read out loud

Ive been meaning to ask the board; is this recognized as something bad?

>tfw can't stop savoring the prose I'm reading and hearing the aural effect in my head instead of just blowing on through it and missing all that

I don't see why it would be. Unless your goal is to consume books at a fast pace without retaining the substance. At least, I don't see how you actually read without sub vocalizing- isn't it just hearing the words in your head like you're saying them?

thats what it is yeah, the issue is people claim that how you speak and how much youre capable of perceiving written word is a huge difference in pace.

How would one go about not sub vocalizing? How does one comprehend what is written without recognizing and seeing it in your mind? What is the alternative here, dear user?

Being able to subvocalize poetry but speed-read prose is the true state of literary gnosis.

Joke's on you, I only read in languages I can't pronounce.

>speed-read prose
Why

good prose is closer to poetry than prose.

I would characterize poetry as the transcendence of prose, and the greatest prose has begun its metamorphosis.

>I would characterize poetry as the transcendence of prose, and the greatest prose has begun its metamorphosis.
That's some stupid shit, user

you can use imagery instead, instead of focusing on just the words u focuse on the connections you have with their meaning.

You can understand let's say a nominal phrase in a split second without having to subvocalize every word which takes longer

prose = operating strictly within the laws of grammar and syntax

poetry = freely breaking these laws to provide an aesthetic

good prose = staying within the rules without losing any aesthetic value, i.e. the delivery sounds closer to poetry.

>prose = operating strictly within the laws of grammar and syntax to provide an aesthetic

Fixed that for you. You can't define your way into being right, silly man. Who are you? St. Anselm?

Do you actually sub-vocalize when you're reading comments on Veeky Forums?

Fuck.

I never sub-vocalized in my whole life while reading. It's awesome. thanks

I subvocalize every single thing i read.

I like it that way

YES. I. ACTUALLY. SUBVOCALIZE. WHEN. I'M. READING. COMMENTS. ON. FOURCHAN.

It is just another way to make people feel bad. That is what Veeky Forums thrives at; if there is a way to make someone feel bad, they'll achieve it.

It's not a race, friend.

If I actually care about the thread and it's contents, yes I sub-vocalize.

this is more than a /thread
this is a
/Veeky Forums

I subvocalize with different voices in my head for different characters + a narrator. Is this pleb level shit?

>OP is literally hearing this post in his head

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!

It's cute.

pffffffffffffajahahahahahhhahahha

>books

Where did this meme come from? Is it just retarded STEMfags? Merely scanning words for meaning is pleb shit for those alienated from language as art. It is how one reads a technical

Subvocalizing is required for literally all poetry, plays, and prose-centric fiction. How can a board who so loves the likes of Joyce, Pynchon, Faulkner, and Shakespeare try to criticize those who don't subvocalize?

>ctrl + f scream internally
>0 results
I'm disappointed

STEMfags trying to justify the fact that they can't read for shit.

That snarky tone in your voice is really pissing me off mate.

^ lmao another subbie chimes in

underrated

I don't subvocalizing until people mention subvocalizing.

Sorta like how people do the 'you're reading this in morgan freemans's voice' etc.

>he needs to subvocalize to read the quality of prose and poetry

Word is the mind made material, you simply have to make it immaterial.

That's just regular old schizophrenia