Post contenders for the worst books ever written

Post contenders for the worst books ever written.

I enjoyed that book.

infinite jest
blood meridian

What's wrong with blood meridian?

ITT: we post good books and dupe the young naive plebs into thinking they were wrong for liking them, thus turning them into meme sleeper agents.

Nothing is wrong with Blood Meridian. It's a fantastic book.

>corncobbers believe this

Tortillas yecarthy memed you good

he is from Rhode Island

Well, it's obviously degenerate pseudo-literature wankery for manchildren, but it's not "one of the worst book ever written", at least there's something in it. Think about all of those cheap suburban novels that old women read on the beach.

Everything that even remotely reeks of corncobby chronicles has got to go.

Moby Dick

Half of it is just a Marine biology textbook.

Franzen?

Maybe not the worst, but the most dangerous. This book can kill a mind. Give Ayn Rand and Nietzsche to a teenager and you fill his brain with shit for all his life. Even 20 years after he will still be a retard. I'm not even critisizing Nietzsche here.

I was thining of Harlan Coben, he's the only one I can think of rn.

On The Road

>7968461
the bible
/thread

That's also wrong.

What kind of joyless douche needs to shit on Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas?

Eileen Hildebrand, Kristen Hannah, Jojo Moyes, Susan Mallery, Danielle Steel, Jennifer Weiner, Wally Lamb, Alexander McCall Smith, Sandra Brown, Barbara Kingslover, Janet Evanovich, Nancy Thayer, Jodi Picoult, damn user do you even know momlit?

Someone who hates fun.

Worst that I've read:

Things Fall Apart

my mum just reads cookbooks and the occasional entry level greek i throw at her to be honest kinsmans

This triggers the Veeky Forums

on the road was really comfy for me when i was very lonely and depressed and could live vicariously through jack's stupid running around. i do appreciate that he doesn't make an attempt to attach some moral or revelation to the story and i think descriptions of neal cassady's (whats the name in the book?) character can be pretty entertaining
way better than other comfycore like fear & loathing imo

My catlady english teacher assigned this and other African't books in highschool. The course was British Literature.

Same reason here, user. My friend got a barrage of hate for the book from me each day of class.

Amanda McKittrick Ros's Delina Delaney. It opens with this:
>Have you ever visited that portion of Erin's plot that offers its sympathetic soil for the minute survey and scrutinous examination of those in political power, whose decision has wisely been the means before now of converting the stern and prejudiced, and reaching the hand of slight aid to share its strength in augmenting its agricultural richness?

What's wrong with a marine biology textbook?

I like that book and I'll admit even though you're baiting this is basically true, however his prose and Ishmael's hilarious narration make these chapters actually enjoyable.