What's your idea of heaven?

What's your idea of heaven?
What's your idea of hell?

Where do you genuinely believe you're going?
(Spare me the oh so hip 'n trendy ironicism)

All are saved in the sense that everybody ends up in the same place. Only their attitudes and conduct in life will determine how they react to this.

related q to op: best literary depictions of hell?

Dante, of course

50s America

not even that great tbqh

>implying there's going to be anything

Lights out.

I dream of going to hell/meeting jesus and the devil who both tell me the end is nigh.. jesus says by flooding, big D says by fire..

and I'm totes Ath'

but if im wrong.. hell.. but then again, a peak without a drop is not a peak...

I double that doubles

My body will decompose

My energy will rejoin the collective energy until time when energy is needed again to be allotted.

"My" energy will never be mine again, and it was never mine before this time. Even now it's still a part of the greater whole, only separate while in my body as a means to navigate this plane.

Linger on bitches

Does that scare you?

What is scarier?
- The concept of nothing or the concept of the unknown?
- Do you fear the dark or what might be in the dark?

Who did it better then?

I'm going to the fields of Elysium when I die, and I will live in an Epicurean farming commune and have sex with cute Spanish girls with straight bangs and small perky tits and appreciate the greatest works of human art and converse with humanity's greatest minds and smoke a fat joint and spin some Grateful Dead.

My diary tbqh

No, I mean it's not like it shaped European Christianity or anything... oh wait..

Heaven if you're a white male, hell if you're anything else.

>What's your idea of heaven?
>What's your idea of hell?
I grew up believing in the classic images of heaven and hell, to varying degrees of literalness. I was away from the faith for several years and have been re-examining things recently, this part included. It occurs to me that the descriptions from the Bible are more or less based on passages that really aren't meant to be taken literally. The big one for heaven is the description in Revelation, a literal (mis)reading of which has led to a lot of odd teaching that misses the point of things in the first place (various kinds of millennialism and so on). A major locus for hell is from a parable, that of Lazarus and the rich man. My view of heaven is at this point basically that of restoration of the imago Dei and removal of the earthly barriers to that relationship. Hell is more up in the air for me but it would be in essence that barrier relationship maintained.

>Where do you genuinely believe you're going?
By the grace of God, I will go where a place has been won for me and not where I deserve to go.

I fear oblivion.

I know it's irrational. But growing up in such an egocentric society, I think it's understandable.

>converse with humanity's greatest minds
I don't know why so many people *look forward* to this. I'd just bore or annoy the shit out of them.

Boo.

whats your point lmfao
no idea, thats why i asked. i just feel like the concept could be done a lot better and a lot more disturbing

>making an Oblivion reference on Veeky Forums
>bypassing a perfectly fine book in favor of something from /tv/world
Anyone see the movie? I was interested but then never ended up seeing it when it was around

Overall it was okay. The twist would be neat if you're easily bored and didn't bother finishing Moon. I liked the soundtrack.

Thanks. What I saw at the time about it was lukewarm. I do highly recommend Wallace's story collection though. Wallace was up to his usual techniques (implying but not stating the climax of the story for example), but in a warmer, not show-offy way like, say, Girl with Curious Hair.

Oh for sure. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not going to hold my breath.

MIncarnations of burnt children' is so good. As well as the obvious 'good old neon'

I haven't read 'girl with curious hair' but I heard it's a bit amateurish.

My idea of Heaven is living forever and experiencing everything.

My idea of Hell is ceasing to exist.

I think I'm going to Hell.

Christian/10, would pray to for Jesus to keep you out of purgatory.

If hell exists I'm probably going there cause I'm gay. If it doesn't I'm going to have to face an eternity of nothing.

Either way, I'm fucked.

Heaven:
You get to have a fantastic time.
Do whatever you want,no chores.
Everything you wanted is accesible.

Hell.
Surrounded by pricks who say rude things and get in your way constantly.
Making you miserable.

tumblr the post

The world is both heaven and hell; as to "where" "I'm" "going," I think it's some cross between Parmenides and Teilhard and Hindu cosmology.

>no chores
Mfw no chores

>Heaven
State of genuine enlightenment achieved automatically. Can perceive the truths and beauty of the universe on inspection.
Also: infinite buffet and you're never full and never fat

>Hell
Normal death (i.e. ceasing to exist permanently without hope of rez).

Those are my ideal heavens and hells. If only ;_;