What do you think about this book?

What do you think about this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.bookfi.net/
plato.stanford.edu/entries/deleuze/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

download-and-never-read-core

Incredible.

Read it all at once, wanted to express what what I read but I couldn't.

It really is a Necronomicon of shorts. Reza should drop his autistic philosophy work and do more stuff like this, he has a good prose too.

I'm going through it like crazy. I began shortly before making this post and now I'm at 66. I'll probably read all of it today. It expresses a darkness that I feel defines these times and articulates it's horrors in the most original and engaging way. It's a like horror archeology treatise poetry sorcery manual. I like it.

My favorite line so far:

In my scarred, fevered skin, you see a person who belongs to sickness. In your healthy flesh, I see the same.

I wanna put it at the beginning of a film about cannibalism I'm working on.

fuck, modern cool lit from a fellow persiabro?
thank you for the find, Veeky Forums

found it here en.bookfi.net/

Sounds fucking awesome. Does he pull it off or is it kind of messy? Just read the amazon description

Who would win in a fight between Rezas Negarestani and Aslan?

kek, kind of like land and brassier

Do I reeeaally have to read 1000 Plateaus before this?

You don't have to. Maybe read it after. I'm gonna do that.

Nah. If you really feel you need to know the most important content from the book, you can just read the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy article on Deleuze: plato.stanford.edu/entries/deleuze/

You should know about or have a strong interest in politics and aesthetics. You could also enjoy it from a lovecraftian perspective. As said, it's like a Necronomicon and builds upon some of Lovecraft's more interesting ideas.

Well ok, I do like Lovecraft.

It's weird for the sake of being weird, which isn't to say it's bad.

It's necessarily weird which makes it better that you think it is.

read it almost a year ago and now really want to read it again. i tried starting some threads on it a while ago but no one ever responded.

I think I need to read it in a different context to feel more horrified by it. I'm not sure if I agree with the choice of the introduction, but his prose is great, its the kind of information that seems so refined and well researched that in no way does it matter if its real or not

I found it pretty esoteric and impenetrable in the same way all of Post-Deleuzean philosophy is, but nevertheless rewarding in the way it shortcircuits certain connections in your brain that were closely linked.

Next book when?

Related recommendations?
Deleuze
Guatarri
Land
Delanda
Brassier
..?

E D G E
D
G
E