>age
>location
>book you're currently reading and how do you like it

21, California

Musashi

pretty damn good, read Vagabond a year ago and thought I'd have a go at the original story.

Argentina

Don Quijote. It's pretty good.

Kansas

The Man in the High Castle. I'm enjoying it, only about 70 pages in but I'm not too psyched about the whole multiple story lines that end up converging aspect. I've just never been a big fan of that

California

The Dispossessed

Enjoying, but very confused. I'm a leftist and the author is a leftist, but so far it's been about how capitalism is better than anarchism .

California

The Brothers Karamov. New to reading, but I'm enjoying it so far. I relate to the father and why he carries himself the way he does. Have a slight crush on Alyosha desu

24, California
Salem's Lot
Meh, decent, picked it up because I needed something light after finishing Tess of D'Urbervilles. Supposedly he's heavily influences by Lovecraft but Lovecraft is so damn superior to King.

20, Scotland

Brief Interviews With Hideous Men

Enjoying it, thought it'd be a nice introduction to the mememan himself

St. Louis, MO

Tales of the City - decent but obvious it was meant to be read in small doses.

Delaware

A Lovecraft anthology (Great Tales of Horror) and Alchemy by E.J. Holmyard

Lovecraft is great, I just started Shadow Over Innsmouth. My favorites so far are The Thing on the Doorstep,The Dreams in the Witch House, and The Music of Erich Zann.

Alchemy is also pretty interesting, since it delves into the practical and philosophical uses of alchemy by different cultures through the ages. I'm excited to see what Islamic alchemy was like, since that's the biggest chapter.

Montreal

Work of Plato.
Just finished Euthyphro and now I'm reading Apology. Not sure what I think yet, but what wa the point of Euthyphro? Did the dude know the distinction between piety and impiety or was he just persecuting his father for some other reason and claiming he's doing it because it's the right thing in the eyes of the gods? I also like Socrates' response to the fear of death, about how its better to die in the service of the good than face disgrace

Pilgrims progress, It is a good book, I enjoy most the religious bantz and debates between the allegorical characters, there's a lot of unintended humor 400 years later as well.

It makes me fear the idea of being a real by the book christian, I see how john bunyan struggled so much with it. I'm getting a bit tired of it by the 2nd part but 10/10 i'd say. Happy i read it.

check out Pet Sematary its the darkest (and best) King in my opinion

19, Tennessee

Just finished "The Bear" by Faulkner.

It was pretty dank to be honest. It was very primal and elemental, which is a strong point for Faulkner in my opinion.

British Columbia
Dune. I tried to read it when I was in my teens but never made much headway. I'm really enjoying it now however.

Just finished it the other day, fucking amazing, enjoy!

Michigan

Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant

It's alright. Some of the battle chapters get a bit tedious. I'd prefer more detail of the actual fighting. For example when he talks about one of the bigger battles of the early rebellion where over 1000 people die, (Belmont) a majority of the chapter contains the Union battle strategy and how he and another captain fought over who had more seniority. There is little mention of the actual fighting.

Argentina

V. Interesting.

>25
>Mexico
>Min Kamp 1

p good, way more entertaining than I thought it would be and I can easily see myself reading all of it, but somehow whenever I try to explain it to somebody it sounds boring as fuck since nothing really "happens". dat prose though.

24, Oregon, Life and Fate, fucking dank

Florida, USA

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle. It's been very good up til now, I'm about half way through and now Haru-kun is pulling out some all-too obvious plot twists. Still a good read tho just considering the first half.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Childe Harold's Pilgrimage. Enjoying it, since I'm world-weary and frequently fantasise about running away without plan or purpose, and just seeing where I end up.

most people who only see the first half as being good or okay end up hating the ending.
it's my favorite novel. i hope you find value in the conclusion.

20, Florida

I, Claudius

Claudius, socially inept, deaf in one ear, and more intelligent than he appears reminds me of myself, as I share all of these qualities. I like it, a lot.

Most people hated 1Q84's ending too, but I enjoyed that, so we'll see. But one thing I'm upset about is the english edition has a lot of content edited out and the stuff that was kept is reordered and shit. So I'm wondering if the alteration of the original flow is what's making certain plot points seem abrupt and out of wack.

Cali
Sexbus Starter Guide. It's ok, knew most of the advice beforehand, but the section on furnishing is of some interest.

Kansas

The The Melancholy of Resistance-- very weird, dreamlike, lots of fear and angst, interesting story about how people will 'fiddle while Rome burns', in this case with a giant whale in a circus

Moravagine-- bad translation. the guy just gives up when it comes to proverbs, seriously a bunch of shit like "His avidity for wealth was proverbial'. Other than that, it's very scholarly written, reminds me of Bulgakov's a Heart of a Dog, except with a dude who was probably the inspiration for Salad Fingers, probably shocked people in early 1900s France, now it's just meh

love that fucking book, one of my favorites

Detroit
Infinite Jest, I haven't touched it in weeks and it's pretty good but it completely deserves the memes

tell us about detroit, user

where did the city touch you

19, Spain
The Divine Comedy. Cool, although the edition I found doesn't have any notes with it so I'm missing several historical references and shit. I'll probably get me a bilingual edition with some footnotes in a near future.

>24
>Savannah
>The Shipping News. I like Proulx's prose, I enjoy how she renders the characters, and I enjoy the descriptions of Newfoundland

what language are you reading it in? I'd think that italiian to spanish would be a smoother translation than Italian to english

U.S.

Tenth of December. It's got its highs and lows for sure. Victory Lap and The Semplica Girl Diaries were great.

New York
Gravity's Rainbow. Its my first book anons. How patrician am I?

Are minors not allowed to post cause I haven't anyone under the age of 18 post yet, either way
California
The Book Thief, I haven't gotten very far but it's pretty good so far. Death in the beginning was a bit of a hook for me and Liesel is interesting enough

haha I thought the same thing as you lmao
I think the point of the novel was to show that even a leftist anarchist utopia would have problems

Philippines
Risk - Dick Francis

I'm taking a rest from all the serious books and classics, and it's a pretty enjoyable story.

hoy putang ina mo

>17
>Lithuania
>Mannerheims memoirs

They're pretty interesting, he had a very wide life experience - from meeting the Dalai Lama to killing commies. But yeah I just came there for the commie killing, Ive always loved Mannerheim for that

California

Thus Spoke Zarathustra. I really enjoy this book, but I find it very dense and sometimes hard to interpret. I'm really looking forward to everything I'll pick up whenever I re-read it

Colorado

The Complete Works of HP Lovecraft

Gotta say, I love horror Always have.

South Dakota

Master and Margarita - it's pretty enjoyable so far. I'm more than likely butchering the pronunciation of the names but whatever. I'm about eleven chapters in so far. This Woland character is a bad mother fucker.

also reading The Maiden King by Robert Bly and Marion Woodman. I skipped the Bly section because I'm more interested in a legit Jungian analyst's take on the fairy tale. And it's hella interesting.

She doesn't annotate shit so that's out of the norm for these type of books.

I'm learning about the Baba Yaga and the descent of modern man. Goes like this - the young Ivan meets a maiden king while at the ocean. She will return. His tutor tells his stepmother. She gives him a pin that'll put him to sleep. Ivan must kill the tutor and he meets three baba yagas.

Woodman interprets the yagas as death goddesses urging the ego towards a symbolic death. Says the pin is a metaphor for various addictions and depression. Says we go through these periods when we lose a lover or the possibility of life. Says the energy within medusa could be seen as trapped energy and potential and that's why the sword and pegasus erupts from her severed head.

That's the best I can summarize off the top of my head but it's crazy accurate to where I am in life. I'm working on a story about a shaman who has to travel into the forest to retrieve some honey so he can perform a ritual and travel to the moon where healing herbs wait for the dying king. He gets trapped in the forest wit a goddess who puts him through hell, he passes out and wakes up being nursed by a kind old lady who teaches him shit.

Woodman lays down that same fucking path in her analysis of the fairy tale. Shit's pretty interesting. I had no goddamn clue about it when i started.

Haha, I laughed. Good afternoon to you.

>18

>Denmark

>The Condition of the Working Class in England.

Engels did the impossible: he was more boring than Marx. What a feat. But I'm reading the shit anyways.

>Philippines
>read
HAHA PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THERE? HAHAHA

Bucharest

Iliad - Lombardo. It's hilarious and exciting! I was bracing myself for a much drier read. At times it's powerful, raw, manly, then it becomes lyrical, then meditative, then it brings on the slapstick. It just feels alive.

Do you happen to have an ebook copy of Moravagine?

>killing commies
Nice to hear you haven't gone soft, balticbro.

Mexico

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson, it's very interesting knowing the way he treated people and made relationships. Also the war of stealing ideas between Apple and Microsoft.

27, Osaka
Reading Epictetus' Discourses
Tough read, but very practical; would really like it if someone would put the discourses in order by subject.

Reading Billy Budd. It's a joy to read, even with all the archaic words and constructions. I'm half way in, enjoying Claggart and his sociopathy. I feel like it's what Conrad wanted to do with Lord Jim. Based Melville.

Germany
Bauern, Bonzen und Bomben
it's good

>attention whore thread

19, Australia
The novelisation of the movie 'Kung Fu Panda'

I must admit I decided to take a break from philosophy and didn't exactly think I'd enjoy this when I stole from the local book shop. It has however, surprised me. I find Po an interesting and deep character, the allegorical nature of the relationship between the Kung Fu masters and Po is exceptionally done. Keep in mind that I'm only 3/4 of the way through this book when I give it...
8/10

Rather doesn't it make you fear not being a by the book Christian?

Wales

The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

I'm only about 30 pages in so it's too early to tell but there already appears to be a clear relationship between temples, death, and lust which sounds par for the course with Mishima.

>18
>Iraq
>This is Bacon

Norway
The Russia House, just started it yesterday so its still fresh, but I think I'll like it.

sasaki kojiro is my favorite character but i kek'd at his fate in the end

UK

Pic related

Norway
On The Road, really liking the narrative and just the general feel of the book

LDN
IJ and but even so I'm loving it

>21
>FL
>John Ashbery, The Moorings of Starting Out
Read the first two books included so far. Some Trees was pretty fantastic, and The Tennis Court Oath made me feel like a pleb because of how weird some of the poems' syntax was, but I'm hyped to continue reading. Based Bloom and his dank poetry recs, f.am

Cardiff Uni?

19, Japan

Lolita

Nabokov's prose is charming and possibly the only thing that keeps me reading but boy do I despise Humbert Humbert with a raging passion.

alaska

im working through hp lovecraft the complete fiction right now. its pretty good. i havent gotten to the more iconic stories yet. still working through the earlier works.

where did you find it? i just got hp lovecraft the complete fictionbut i really want to get that one.

daily reminder that 90% of those who claim to be 18 are actually underage

Southampton

The Third Policeman. It's okay, some bits are funny but there's not much else to say about it at this point. Also reading Underworld which I reckon will be one of those books I have going on in the background and which takes me a year to read.

America

Gravity's Rainbow, started reading very recently and I cant tell if this book is hard to follow or I'm bad at following it

>22
>Spain
>Vineland. Underrated as fuck

>21
>London
>Romeo and Juliet

>tfw you will never meet a Juliet

Texas
Blood Meridian and Infinite Jest. Blood Meridian is cool so far. The writing style is gonna take some time getting used to. Really digging Infinite Jest though.

Romania

An Introduction to Forensic Psychology by David Canter, it's crap, expected more than some pop psy, funny, quirky stuff.

25, England

Currently reading Szerb's Journey By Moonlight, it's not bad so far but it kind of feels like all his other books a little. I like how he paints a very nice image of European cities though.

London
Montaigne's essays

Philadelphia

moby dick- it's fascinating

>Journey by Moonlight

DUDE ROAD TRIP LMAO

London
The Angry Decade by Kenneth Allsop: literary-cultural criticism about Britsih writers in the 50s / early 60s and their focus on the "Angry Young Man" character, defined by "irreverence, stridency, impatience with tradition, vigour, vulgarity, sulky resentment against the cultivated and a hard-boiled muscling-in on culture, […] self-pity, deliberate disengagement from politics, fascist ambitions, schizophrenia, rude dislike of anything phoney or fey, […] a general intellectual nihilism, honesty, a neurotic discontent and a defeated, reconciled acquiescence that is the last flimsy shelter against complete despondency"

>18
>Russia
>Ulysses
disappointment

>21
>Capital of Hungary
>The art of war.
It's cool.

27, Luxembourg

Min kamp + Red dawn

First one great. Second one interesting at some points but very irregular.

Spanish
Yeah, I guess so. I want to try myself by reading at least some parts of the original tho. I'm also doing that with The Book of Disquiet.

>19
>female
>London UK
>Preparations for the Next Life, it's really gripping

>22
>Basel, Switzerland
>2666
It's good but I can't think of a reason why.

>27
>New England
>The Recognitions

By turns amazing and frustrating.

21, NY
Bible
It's pretty good. I'm about half way through the Old Testament. Genesis was great, Judges to where I am now, 2 Kings, was great. Leviticus and friends was just awful.

Will you be reading The Odyssey afterwards, or have you done that already?

>female
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Austria
A Clockwork Orange - so far it has been rather disappointing, can't stand the made up language

>London

r u a qt tho?

can I meet u?

Mexico
Crime and punishment, new to reading and I an enjoying this book, though I have problems imagining its environment

get b@ underage

20, Miami

I'm reading Dostoyevsky's House of the Dead. It's interesting, but a little dull due to the lack of a plot. It's only 300 pages, so I'll finish it as soon as finals are done.

> 20
> the Netherlands
> Ullyses

Really like it

Germany
The Castle
I like it a lot but I'm going at a slow pace. It's structure would make for a great tv series directed by lynch.

>female
bitch no one asked about your gender

ok. i will build some bat houses around my yard in hopes to catch one

>btw im a grill xDD

fuck outta here, skank

lol

california
the idiot; only a few chapters in but I'm enjoying it. it's just a lil tedious cuz I'm reading a couple different translations simultaneously but I think p soon I'll settle on one

Eva Martin, Alan Myers, David McDuff

And that's why nobody loves you