Itt: bad philosophy

itt: bad philosophy

>he posts the books he reads to instagram

OP you're a faggot

>any philosophy book that's about ethics

LITERALLY KOTAKUINACTION, return to said website

>any philosophy book that's about ethics.
>posts a philosopher very much interested in ethics.

>he goes to the university bookstore, picks up random philosophy books and posts them on his instagram, then baits Veeky Forums with "bad philosophy"

OP you're a cool dude

Agreed. Metaethics is even worse; I still laugh when I hear grad students say they're studying it

Truly the lowest point in the history of philosophy.

are you a legit midget? My hacketts aren't even close to that big in my hands and I have faggot hands myself.

Only pretenders read this.

Gotta agree with this. Nicomachean Ethics and virtue-ethics in general are useful for instructing children but not answering serious questions.

I know this is bait and I keked. On the off chance you're an idiot faggot and have no idea what you're talking about, then I will say that these happen to be poorly written philosophy rather than poor philosophy.

I don't know if analytic philosophy is even the study of philosophy. Carnap, Tarski, Witty, et al. are a bunch of mathematicians so wrapped up in their logic and numbers that they forget they are "das-in-der-Welt-sein". I fucking hate these idiots who keep assuming that their views from nowhere are meaningful or interesting.

It's funny that analytic philosophy has the same things to say about continentals. That and continental has all the tumblrinas.

Heidegger, Marcuse, Nietzsche, Sartre, Kierkegaard are tumblrinas? The fuck you on bro?

Sartre is a tumblrina, not the rest tho

I could see Kierkegaard and Nietzsche having tumblrs too.

modern analytic philosiphy is really different user. nearly everyone in the anglosphere is distancing themselves from positivists especially after putnam and quine btfo'd them. pragmatism is getting a larger share of american philosophers especially after rorty

Marcuse definitely has a tumblr.

Also, you're a huge faggot if you unironically think anything written from Descartes to the present is worth anything.

I don't read anything that isn't directly influenced by Greek mystery religions.

>"whoops looks like I disproved what I was just trying to prove! Back to the drawing board!"
>ends up never proving anything
Fuck Aristotle holy shit

Thank you
I'm sick of seeing this piece of shit brought up by edgy 12 year olds

Nietzsche is the average redditor

I squeeze gats till my clips is empty

Anything utilitarian.

Found the continentalcuck moron.

Yes, they are. Continental = SJW.

> those sub-titles

fucking triggered

Anyone read any Kant?

Many philosophers (and scientists, for that matter) are obscurantists, formalists, reductionists, or otherwise shit people who hope to stifle or corrupt human progress. Intellectuals are not always these idyllic figures smartly clothed in 19th century costumes striking some pose of miraculous understanding who have no ulterior motives, doing it all for the good of the world, or because they know it to be true. I feel like this is common knowledge, but I'm not so sure with the shit that's taken seriously on here.

Marcuse in particular is the author of the specific strain of 'cultural marxism' that you see plaguing university campuses today. Microaggressions, space-spaces, triggering, language-policing, the whole nine.

The irony of of this post.

obviously you aren't familiar with analytic philosophy past early positivists. Typical conticuck who can only focus on one specific point in history. Read a book