Isn't it nice to know that the entirety of Western literary tradition can be summed up in nine (9) panels?

Isn't it nice to know that the entirety of Western literary tradition can be summed up in nine (9) panels?

Thank you structuralists :^)

general cringe thread

That picture doesn't make me cringe, OP. In fact, I find it kind of amusing.

is it that wrong though?

oversimplifications are useful things for people that are only starting to get into a matter

Some panels might be mixed up, but the themes are correct as far as I can tell.

which panels are mixed up

9, huh? 3 + 3 + 3, huh?

Doesn't surprise me at all.

It's obviously not meant to be a serious theory of literature and is just an amusing comic.

Redditors love those types of infographics
Im not sure why

Because they enjoy humour.

I wasnt aware it was humourous but maybe I havent had enough brain aneurysms

I'm sorry you're too smart to enjoy a decent joke.

Thanks for your concern
Being a complete retard must be fun for you

"Classical" is too limited a category. There is such a movement as the "classical" movement, and it does not encompass all premodernist art.

The so-called "modern" conflicts are by no means modern. Man vs. society, self, and no god are not modern inventions nor are they tropes of modern-ism by any means.

The "postmodern" section is a shitshow. It's a misinterpretation of the movement at the base level.

I'll post examples of texts that contradict this chart if anyone likes.

I like the idea of a Veeky Forums cringe thread though.

My novel has the protagonist doing all of these.

>I will create the postmodern modern classic

>taking a comic this seriously
Fucking christ this thread is cringe alright.

Me too. But I don't even have a protagonist and it only falls under these if you take "man" in the loosest in sense.

So there.

it's 2016 son Technology is Reality and the Author is just a facet of that

>taking the thread this seriously
This board is indeed a plethora of cringe.

Get on my level, My novel has all of these and instead of the book being written entirely in English, It will be written in both English and Webdings. I hope to usher in a new age of written language, the age of Webdings.

This image just demonstrates who deep the pariarchy is. Men cannot think outside of the language of conflict. I would like to see an image which states 'Female Literature' with one image that indicates women alongside her fellow creatures in harmony.

>Woman vs. Woman
>Woman vs. Gossip and Rumors
>Woman vs. Her need for validation

Nice

Whatever, dweeb. My first 1,500 page opus is written entirely in .gif files.

I saw this yesterday

nothing about the postmodern seciton except man vs author is strictly speaking postmodern

id say the themes only line up because man vs technology is a relatively new theme with the advancing technologies and postmodernism a relatively new movement

also modern and 'classical' are completely interchangeable

Is it morally wrong? No. Is it factually incorrect? Yeah, and any other similar totalising attempt is totally useless too. But just because it's incorrect doesn't make it worthless or other similar bs.

What's the name of this book

Go for it.

Cringe climax achieved

Man vs reality and man vs author are the same thing in my book.

well your 'book' is very ignorant and pretentious

If reality is the author of the book, is it like life is arrogant and pretentious? Science?

I didn't cringe because that image applies to the most superficial interpretation of the 3, which is all you need to have in order to think its at least amusing. Don't pretend like you don't.

My post-phonetic gutteral screech recordings have none of these but still has a plot so there.

if you had read the text in the image you would have known silly dog.