Wanting to be a professional author

>wanting to be a professional author
This is probably the dumbest fucking ambition in the world. Everyone wants to be an author, but less and less people are reading novels.

You just have to write the "next big thing"

>This is probably the dumbest fucking ambition in the world
No
> Everyone wants to be an author
Not true
>less and less people are reading novels
Not true

Go back to /r9k/ and your video games and anime.

enjoy your poverty

Fewer hon, not less.

you're not special or interesting

>le triggered frogposters detected

Don't you have the size of labia to discuss?

The e-book industry and the audience for YA novels only grows bigger. Self-publication of fiction is a pretty appealing field to get into.

>less and less people are reading novels

I've always wondered whether or not this was true.

this is the most spittle-flecked user i've seen in a while

probably a roast whore who has been dumped by Chad. She has probably taken 500 dicks before going out of high school like all other degenerate worthless female out there.

>the audience for YA novels only grows bigger
Plenty of flies like eating shit. That doesn't mean you should too.

If you have a flair for dialogue, character and plotting the money will always be there

Just wait, Veeky Forums, some day I'll be as big as Franzen or DFW, and when I am you'll know because I'll come back to gloat.

I didn't say you should read YA shit. It's just the easiest path to being a financially successful author.

When people become professional authors, money is not exactly a priority.

I could definitely write a great action, war, or crime movie. But I cant succumb to the inner plebian, I must continue to write purple prose and investigate unsolvable problems that have been written about ad nauseam.

That wouldn't be eating shit, that would be making shit. You die if you don't make shit because it builds up and your bowels explode and the shit poisons your everything in your abdominal cavity.

Ergo, you, are retarded.

If I had a dollar for every time that I saw a post like this I'd be there myself

You guys are so /r9k/ I'm convinced you're actually just people pretending to be from there. No-one can actually exist like that, can they?

Wanting to be a professional author is pretty dumb desu. Mostly wanted by people terrified of manual labor/actually working.
I don't know why this board is so obsessed with being writers. Total arrogance. You guys really think you have that much to say?