What's the point of writing if the best of literature has already been written...

What's the point of writing if the best of literature has already been written? Nothing anyone writes today or in the future will ever be better than the classics of the western canon, so why bother?

False. Just look at what the 20th century produced.

Typical retard weeaboo logic

But what has the 21st century produced?

I've heard this before.

because it will be

The western canon represents the works that stood the test of time.
If you don't write than how can your work stand on the shoulder of giants?
You don't have my permission to use dumb excuses anymore.
Go write.

Because when what was written before is inevitable forgotten and no copy of it is left, something has to replace it.

Agreed, you should give up.

I write which book, not what book.

"Everyone in my generation will never make anything great, why even bother?" This is some defeatist logic right here.

Middle C
The Pale King
The Dying Grass
Against the Day
Cannonball
His Wife Leaves Him
A Naked Singularity
The No World Concerto
In Partial Disgrace

Only teenage girls read books by people that are still alive, it's obvious.

lmao, no.

I'm pretty much certain that you've only read one or two books in that list.

>The greatest poets, the ablest orators, the best painters, and the finest sculptors that the world ever saw, appeared soon after the birth of these arts, and lived in a state of society, which was, in other respects, comparatively barbarous. Those arts, which depend on individual genius and incommunicable power, have always leaped at once from infancy to manhood, from the first rude dawn of invention to their meridian height and dazzling lustre, and have in general declined ever after. This is the peculiar distinction and privilege of each, of science and of art; of the one, never to attain its utmost summit of perfection, and of the other, to arrive at it almost at once.

>all these Amerimemes

It's impossible to tell what will be considered classics in the future.

Why would he waste his time reading inferior literature? :^)

lel & this

If it's by a straight white man you can assume it won't be.

3 of em are Spanish, brah.

Then you can be sure they're certainly inferior :^)

You mean in its 16 years of existence? Jesus Christ dude, give it time. Half of all great art wasn't even recognized until many years after its creation/release.

2 of them. De la Pava was born in New Jersey and writes in English.

are you claiming human experience doesn't change?

Each writing is unique. Though it may be the same story over and over, it will provide and illusion of difference due to the vastness of human conciousness

>the best of literature that has already been written has already been written
Go think about that and sit in the corner.

Out

B8 harder m8