>Writing habits survey

How long do you write each day?

Where do you write?

Any publications so far?

Age?

Job?

I'll answer first

How long do you write each day?
I try to do 30 minutes each day, but I'll write for a couple hours if I'm on a good run
Where do you write?
Coffee shops, unfortunately. I used to write in my apartment, but since I moved into a 1/1 I get distracted too easily at home.
Any publications so far?
Yeah, two, both online.
Age?
Job?
Grad student, tutor, TA

Where and what did you get published?

Bite my knuckles worrying about not writing all day; not worrying about what to write.

I gnaw on my hand pretending to read at Starbucks, sweating profusely, worrying about not writing.

Self published in longhand. 2 mead notebooks.

NEET

>depends. could be 0, could be 10 pages
>anywhere
>nope, except for in my friend's zine
>18
>student

A flash fiction piece in a magazine now dead, and a short story in a magazine I'd prefer not to mention because I worry it would be easy to figure out who I am from my bio and my job info.

I write 4-6 hours a day and manage around 1000-2000 words. I write on my computer in my living room. I've never been published and I've never submitted my work anywhere because I don't think anyone would want to publish the weird shit I write. I'm obsessed with overly-complex sentence structure and go out of my way to overuse parenthetical (here is an example) so I know for a fact that most people wouldn't waste their time reading it. I'm also autistic to the point of being totally disconnected with society so even if I did submit and even if it is well-written it would still be totally incomprehensible to most people. I write a lot about video games and things I read on Wikipedia. If anyone wants to see any of it I will post some but don't expect much.

I'm surprised you didn't post a pepe.

>2-8 hours
>living room or coffee shop
>s-self published book
>several successful blogs
>24
>I write essays for college students

tl;dr autistic

There are tons of mags out there these days willing to publish weird shit.

How much does the essay writing pay? I'm low enough on cash and scruples to actually consider doing it.

When I say my writing is weird I am not using weird as a euphemism for interesting. It is just weird and has no real value to anyone but me. Here is an example. Note that this is a single sentence. I think you can see that it is not even remotely publishable.

This was before the internet (well, not really, but it was before I had easy access to the internet, and certainly before people were posting things like game guides all over the place online) so that Nintendo Power specifically wrote a whole special detailed multi-paged piece about the nuts and bolts of my favorite game (a very complicated and intricate game that had lots of moving parts) was something that I initially thought was a good thing, a spectacular thing, but it honestly wasn’t really since as it turned out the reason I liked the game so much in the first place (this was the thing that I realized) was because it wasn’t like those other simple games like Tetris or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (which was actually for the original Game Boy but could still fit in the slot of the Advance) or this idiotic Rugrats80 game that I got at a yard sale for almost nothing that you could just look at and zing understand and overcome: with Golden Sun (and all RPG games, actually) the thrill isn’t in mastering the dexterity and finesse required to accomplish a physical action (imagine Hungry Hungry Hippos or Jenga) but instead in the stopping and looking around and determining the best way to manipulate a situation in the direction you want it to go (Chess or Monopoly or Risk).

What is the plot of the piece this comes from? I'm actually into the style.

You can probably expect 10-12 per page (and a page = 275 or 300 words, depending on the site). So depending on how fast you write and how long you can write consistently before burning out (because you will), it's pretty easy to manage $100/day on average.

You'll want to get a coffee machine for sure though, or else an addie hookup.

Also, go in with a /pol/ mindset because you will be writing for a lot of minorities and public employees.

tfw the underground essay writing industry is subsidized by the government

Plot sickens me though I do realize that it is impossible to avoid entirely so I try to approach it as indirectly as possible by breaking up the narrative into literally hundreds (I am expecting it to be thousands by the time I am done) of discrete chunks. I am shocked that you actually like it. Here is another excerpt. This one is perhaps even more incomprehensible. Imagine the average person reading this. I can't.

(Character limit. See next.)

Uninformed and tragically nonanalytic people will oftentimes (erroneously) claim that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is the longest word71 in the English language. In fact at 34 letters supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is not even the longest neologism (from Greek νέο [new] and λόγος [speech], a neologism is a newly-invented word that hasn’t yet entered [and perhaps never will enter] common use): Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon, translated from the Greek λοπαδοτεμαχοσελαχογαλεοkρανιολειψανοδριμυποτριμματοσιλφιοkαραβομελιτοkαταkεχυμενοkιχλεπιkοσσυφοφαττοπεριστεραλεkτρυονοπτοkεφαλλιοkιγkλοπελειολαγῳοσιραιοβαφητραγανοπτερύγων (comprised of λοπᾰ́ς [meal], τέμᾰχος [slice of fish], σέλαχος [shark], γᾰλεός [small shark], kρᾱνῐ́ον [head], λείψᾰνον [remnant], δρῑμῠ́ς [pungent], ῠ̔πότριμμᾰ [the name of a specific and sharply aromatic dish], σίλφιον [silphium {a type of extinct plant}], kᾱ́ρᾰβος [crab], μέλῐ [honey], kᾰτᾰχέω [I pour over], kᾰτᾰχέω [thrush {a bird}], ἐπῐ́ [on top of], kόσσῠφος [either fish or poultry], φάττᾰ [pidgeon], περῐστερά [pidgeon], ᾰ̓λεkτρυών [chicken], ὀπτός [roasted], kεφᾰ́λῐον [small head], kίγkλος [little grebe {a type of bird}], πέλειᾰ [pidgeon], λᾰγῷος [hare], σῐ́ραιον [boiled wine], βᾰφή [dipping], τρᾰγᾰνός [crunchy], and πτέρυξ [wing]), is a word that was invented by Aristophanes in 391 BC in his play Assemblywoman (in which women take over the Athenian government and instate a series of absurd rules [one of which insists that any man may at any time sleep with any woman he wants so long as he first sleeps with every woman uglier than his desired mate: at one point a young couple is interrupted by a pack of crones who demand the law be upheld {that he must sleep with all the old and ugly women before he sleeps with his young and beautiful girlfriend}]) that weighs in at an unweildly 182 (this trumps the pathetic supercalifragilisticexpialidocious by nearly 100 letters), though lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon probably suffers from its own enormity: on account of the sheer number of syllables it is largely impossible for anyone to make a catchy song about it and because of this it is not probable that anyone will ever remember it (assuming they’re made aware of it in the first place [also very unlikely]).

Not the guy you're talking to, but can you give me advice on finding an addie hookup. Probably seems like a stupid question, but my guy stopped selling to me so yeah.

I don't have a time limit. To me a time limit on your writing is a ridiculous restriction. You should measure how much you write by the number of pages or words.
That being said, I write 1000-2000 words a day
I write in my room
No and I've never tried to get my work published
IT

Another great Canto Ezra
Keep up the good work

I also enjoy this, because it is unconventional and somewhat comfy, but I'm having trouble understanding why it's a bad thing that Nintendo Power wrote about a game that the narrator (you?) enjoyed.

too many parenthetical expressions for my taste

I didn't mean a time limit, just roughly how much time you spent. I don't sit there "Oh, 30 minutes have passed, I'm done"

It removed all the metal work from the game which was for me the entire reason I liked it so much.

>on account of the sheer number of syllables it is largely impossible for anyone to make a catchy song about it and because of this it is not probable that anyone will ever remember it

I keked

I write 1000 words of my novel each day, and journal entries every couple of days. I try to write at least one poem per week.

I write in my room with the door shut, or on campus. I'm good at shutting out noise and not letting it distract me.

No publications. Hopefully I will be able to get my novel published, I'm about 4/5 of the way through the first draft. But it's kind of bizarre, heavily themed on suicide, and almost a prosepoem (think The Waves, but obviously not as good), and I doubt any publisher will take it because its not some YA John Green shit and its incredibly depressing.
I'm not expecting it to be published but I don't really mind because I'm writing it for myself.
I'm 23.

>How long do you write each day?
I write a small vignette a day. This is generally 500-700 words. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a bit. I don't tend to edit them, on account of the cringe-inducing drivel that I create.

Sometimes, of course, I will write a lot more if I get sucked in. This usually happens when I write sex scenes, of which I have about 10 or so (out of something like 150 vignettes.)

>Where do you write?
At home.

>Any publications so far?
No, but I do hoped to get published in a *high school* short story collection.

>Age?

>Job?
Student?

I'm late to this thread but I want to say I like this and would read your work, user.

>How long do you write each day?
Not very much right now. Don't even write daily.

>Where do you write?
At home. It's calm.

Any publications so far?
Nope.

Age?

Job?
Probably gonna be in the food service industry soon. Currently in highschool.

Forgot to le greentext the last three

(Here is an example)
Lol

For a long time I built up ideas for a series of novels without really ever actually reading anything. Then I came to Veeky Forums in 2014 and learned how not to be a faggot and read books. Now I don't actually feel like writing at all because I know I'm still learning to appreciate various styles of prose and whatnot. I guess I feel like I'm "not ready" to write anything that wouldn't be amateur shit. Is this normal?