What's the funniest book you have ever read Veeky Forums?

What's the funniest book you have ever read Veeky Forums?

Got any reading suggestions for those of us who enjoy a chuckle?

Gravity's Rainbow
Confederacy of Dunces
Lolita
Any John green novel

Jurgen by James Branch Cabell is hilarious/depressing
Sheridan is good if you like witty backchat plays

Also, Nabokov is hilarious if you understand his work

Tom Sharpe - Riotous Assembly
David Lodge - Changing Places
Kingsley Amis - Lucky Jim
Richard Russo - Straight Man
James Thurber - The Thurber Carnival
George MacDonald Fraser - Flashman

Obligatory Catch-22 post

the once and future king

I'm gonna go full /liberal-leaning pleb/ and say David Sedaris

Kingsley Amis - Lucky Jim
Joseph Heller - Catch-22
Woody Allen - Side Effects

All downhill from Wodehouse, as far as I know.

evelyn waugh

Wibberley's Mouse that Roared was great.

Crying of Lot 49
Catch 22

confederacy of dunces

Candide - Voltaire
Flatland - Abott

das kapital ;)

the bible

The communist manifesto by Kark Marx

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. The whole series.

My Twisted World

I think I found myself either chuckling or laughing hard at every single sentence.

Right-Ho Jeeves

Is Good Omens any good?

found the bourgeoise

Lolita made me laugh as much as it made me cry. That is a lot.

pretty silly my dudes

I'm surprised nobody's memeing at you guys for liking something popular. probably the first funny book/series I read. Arthur learning to fly activated the improbability drive in my sides

>le quirky randumb british humour

Fine, here you go: reddit.com

First chapter of Metamorphosis. It's not funny in English though.

These two often catch a lot of flak here for the sake of contrarianism, but they are legit some of the funniest books I've read so far.

Brian O'Nolan's At Swim-Two-Birds. If you haven't read this, you need to.

The Bible

Only 30 pages in and I back this recommendation.

Why do you say that? It's just short stories making fun of genre fiction.

The Martian

my journal tbqh

Sirens of Titan

Bored of the Rings.

It's one of my faves. Too damn funny.

Vineland, but I havent read many comedic books.

I picked up a copy of Catullus complete poems the other day. I didn't realize how hilarious it would be. The only other book to make me laugh this much was Catch 22

That part in the idiot about General Ivolgin throwing a lady's dog out the window of a train, even though it wasn't true the way he comes to say it delivered and made me burst out laughing.

>TAZ and Other Essays - Hakim Bey
>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
>The Birth of Tragedy - Nietzsche
>Naked Lunch / The Soft Machine - William S. Burroughs
>Ethics - Spinoza
>Centuria: One Hundred Ouroboric Novels - Giorgio Manganelli (honestly haven't read it yet but I love this author to death and this is the only thing that has been translated to English so I can't really rec anything else)

What have you read by Wodehouse, op? What are some of his best? So far I've read The Code of the Woosters and Picadilly Jim

Faulkner's hilarity is underrated. Jason Compson's section in the Sound and the Fury, most of As I Lay Dying, and Lena Groves in Light in August are all so fucking funny.

Why has no one on Veeky Forums read Three Men in a Boat?

Stephen Leacock is hilarious. Sunshine sketches was great, and I've been to the real mariposa before. You can see the old churches and the old bank and the old motel the stories took place at. A great experience.

Post it

I liked Zadie Smith's White Teeth. In the first chapter a guy tries to kill himself but gets stopped by a butcher playing cricket with pigeons because the car he's filling with monoxide is in the way.

Spike Milligan's memoirs, aside from being genuinely interesting, are also very very funny too.

I actually get mad at plebian Veeky Forumsizens who try to justify their shitty taste inte literature by saying shit like "just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad". No it doesn't, but it sure as hell doesn't mean it's good either. Hitchhikers is quirky and you get a few chuckles out of it, but it's not " insanely hilarious" as I've heard people calling it.