Books are inferior to anime in every way

books are inferior to anime in every way

>no sound
>no imagery other than what you think it's like in your head which is wrong 99.99% of the time
>no official voices
>impossible to read comfy while in bed if you aren't a pathetic skeleton dyel

books have zero place in the 21st century

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XOkRD7qFvLA
youtube.com/watch?v=kwjWBnWjWbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

could you recommend me some anime?

not even trying

serial experiments lain
aoi bungaku
mushishi
ping pong the animation
shigurui
Texhnolyze

lain was my favorite desu.

me too famygdala

What about NGE

All right place to start. There are much, much better shows though.

Cool I'll watch it sometime

Lain is utterly terrible.

From The New World
Mushishi
Baccano
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - original is bad.
All of Studio Ghibli, of course.
Paprika

The first two Evangelion movies are pretty ok.
Madoka Magica is quite good if you understand the point it makes.

I can't think of much else entry level. Anime is strange in that you have to get used to the style, tropes, and downright weirdnesses before you'll be willing to watch a lot of honestly good animes. So here's the "be advised, weirdness ahead, oh and boobs" list:

Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon
Spice & Wolf
No Game No Life
Food Wars

Is there any anime that isn't utter garbage for children?

Your taste is utterly terrible. Consider suicide if it's not bait.

Also, reposting.

[Talking about the cinematic limb of texts with visual signs, stemming from Japanese origins]
Those that I know of to be comparable to the literature that is celebrated here, in terms of structural complexity and profoundness of content:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kaiba
Mindgame
The Tatami Galaxy
Kino's Journey
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Mawaru Penguindrum (The Revolving Penguindrum..?)
Angel's Egg
The Sad Belladona
Night on the Galactic Railroad
Spring and Chaos
Paranoia Agent
Texhnolyze
Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
Boogiepop Phantom
Casshern Sins
Some short movies that I'm not going to bother to name

Those that I haven't watched, but am informed that they should be eligible for the list:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Count of Montecristo

Additions can be made, for my knowledge is not complete yet. However, I will not value any attempt of refutation towards the validity of the elements in my present list.

Monster

Almost everything mentioned in this thread is immature trash in comparison.

>Monster

Elaborate

Are any of these similar to "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood'? Someone recommended that to me, and I couldn't watch more than a few minutes - such unwatchable juvenile garbage. After that bad experience, I never tried anime again.

Anyone ever read the Mobile Suit Gundam novelisation? What's it like compared to the anime?

sage for not Veeky Forums

FMA is reddit is garbage. They are not similar other than some shitty tropes that sadly all anime has to some degree or another.

All those listed would be highly regarded if in the novel format.

The only decent animes on his list that don't have the typical cringe factor are mushishi and paranoia agent.

Check out

Japs are good at short films
What are their best short film compilations?
Stuff like Neo Tokyo

Are any of these on Netflix or Amazon Prime?

Mindgame is

This post seems to operate on multiple undefined layers of irony. It is really quite spectacular; the majority of the post reads like a screenshot from reddit, however, the shot taken at Lain is very far from the Reddit reality.
After thinking for a bit I noticed that this post reveals itself through the veil of a man who has been playing Runescape since 2004. It should also be noted that aforementioned man only plays on the modern servers, shunning the classic servers, as he believes that Jagex truly know what they are doing and have elevated the game to greater heights than ever before. Sadly, the majority of people do not realize this, or at least this is what the writer of the post believes. He is the lone wanderer standing on the edge of Varrock.
The post also has a slick foundation of anti-irony or post-sincere intentions, but there are hard to grasp and define with precision.
All in all, this is a staggering post when it comes to the development of irony for future use and understanding.

Have another (you). After re-reading your post and I can truly appreciate it.

>not Ping Pong, Texhnolyze and Berserk
Really? Monster?

Blast of Tempest. youtube.com/watch?v=XOkRD7qFvLA
Gankutuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. youtube.com/watch?v=kwjWBnWjWbc

I hated Brotherhood but liked the original, maybe you should try that instead if it interests you. The original is much more character-oriented and that is what I personally preferred.

I hated all the rapid-fire action and quick-cut MTV-style imagery -- it reminds me of retardation-inducing Saturday morning cartoons. I'm more interested in something with the plotiness and pacing of The Godfather. I assume such a thing couldn't exist in the anime world.

Ping pong and Texhnolyze are solid, but they didn't particularly make me think all that much.
Monster is practically the best anime ever made as far as I've seen. The story and all of its mechanical elements have incredible depth. The main story can be interpreted as a highly complex explorations of Nietzsche's writings, particularly Thus Spake Zarathustra as well as an argument against Camus' absurdism. I'm just writing the most basic and obvious of the relevant philosophies considered in Monster to give a brief example but there are many more arguments that are presented and explored from various angles.
Berserk is very overrated and while decent, even the opening theme will tell you that anyone who would accept the first OP as an intro to their "art piece" is incapable of creating something of true depth. Someone with such bad taste couldn't possibly create something genuinely great. Berserk also has terrible sound design In regards to the effects and voice acting, but that can be overlooked if the work has genuine value. Berserk, unfortunately, isn't incredible enough to have me overlook all of its glaring flaws.

>overrating monster this hard then calling berserk decent, foregoing mentioning its manga.

Monster is full of filler, its filler the show, constantly putting off destroying the actual monster. No thanks m8.

Every single thing in Monster that could be interpreted as "filler" server a philosophical purpose. I'll give you the befit of the doubt and say that you probably watched it when you were younger and weren't well read, thus the whole points of those segments flew over your head, but if you are well read or at least intelligent and prone to analysis and observation you would find the value that I'm talking about.
I mean, your post is akin to somebody dismissing Moby-Dick solely because of the encyclopedic chapters not thinking deeper to actually understand their purpose.