Do you think any aspects of pleb or Internet culture are actually pretty deep?

Do you think any aspects of pleb or Internet culture are actually pretty deep?

I like the quote, from that copy pasta, "Damn, I would totally have sex with you! Both you and the real you!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQIJiIQjoRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's a very broad question. What is "aspects" and what's "deep"? I'm afraid the label of "deep" depends too much on what one personally thinks is true or false.

On a meta level, it's very interesting to think about what makes memes (take big guy for you, for example) appealing. Memes are also a great outlet to enable people show their creativity for low effort. I have an uncle in television and I know that his work, since 20 years or so, is an extremely routine job and even if you produce new shows, there are hardly novel aspects - not even the improved stuff. Memes are a tool for people to channel their character and convictions in naively simple pictures and other media.
To defend the shithole that is reddit/r/theredpill, the fact that you can have thousands of plebs forge a theory of social interactions is pretty surprising and produces lots of practical results.

I find pretty much all of it extremely deep (if by that we mean complex and far reaching), frankly.

As quads would likely confirm; Veeky Forums represents the truest and most pure essence of modern males. I say males because there is no sex or race on Veeky Forums. People are lonely and isolated, people use Veeky Forums to make connections, people use Veeky Forums to vent. People try to use this place to encourage their own self destructive behaviors, but randomly the community collectively checks someone back into reality. This place is a psychologist's gold mine and if noone uses Veeky Forums for research they're idiots.

Veeky Forums you may be shit, but you're real shit. The realest shittyest shit ever. and God blessho asses for it.

I don't think it would be useful for research. I am somewhat new but I've noticed there's this strange undercurrent of willed counter-everything. I'm sure there's a word for being hellbent on absolutely never fulfilling other people's expectations (to the point of going out of your way to manipulate people into expecting you to do something and then intentionally not doing it, or leading people into believing something that isn't true) but I personally don't know what it is.

I am a self-conscious sufferer of this myself. If someone expects something I am completely incapable of doing it. Here are some examples from my life. One: for some reason I can't tell my mother I love her which leads to a lot of awkward pauses. I do love my mother but when she says she loves me I know that if I just say I love her back it would cheapen it to the point of not being worth saying. So I don't. Two: when people ask me how my day is I always say it is shit and marinate in the ensuing awkward silence. Three: I never tip unless I've specifically told the waiter that I'm not going to tip in which case I will tip generously. Four: whenever I play any kind of competitive video game I always leave right before I win. However if I am losing I will always try my hardest to come back. Five: if someone ever says I am X (eg. intelligent, kind, introspective, selfish, temperamental, paranoid, etc.) I will completely change my personality when I am around that person to be the opposite regardless of whether it is good or bad for me.

If I ever fulfill someone's expectations I torture myself about it for weeks. Yes, I am aware that I am letting other people dictate how I live my life. However I've found it's usually easier to just avoid people altogether so by hiding away from society I keep myself from being a slave.

you sound like such a piece of shit. in fact, this entire thread makes me feels like a great person

Do you know why you do these things?

Great now I have to be nice all day.

this was three years ago?

Wow Bradley you are so well spoken and talkative,

Will you shut the fuck up now?

I'm terrified of being static and predictable. That's the best answer I can give. It's like that quote everyone spams about how it's about the journey and not the destination. I guess most people do something nice and tell themselves they're a nice person and they accept that as a set-in-stone conclusion but I feel like doing that is just throwing away this whole long human experience you could have struggling with whether or not you actually are nice. I feel like sitting down and deciding that you're one way or another is easy and simple and I think in a way it strips you of difficult emotional turmoil which I think is essentially your humanity. I don't want to be understood because I don't understanding myself and I don't want to give anyone the false impression that I do. I want every day to be different and I want to be a different person to everyone I meet even if that means being shitty one day and being divine the next.

Unfortunately now that you've said that I feel like I have to circumvent your expectations by responding. I genuinely hope my continuing to talk makes you frustrated and angry and I hope that you really think about why that is.

im going to drug you and youll wake up in somalia. hopefully then you can gain some insight as to how pathetic and immature you really are before you die horribly. ill be over tomorrow.

Eh, you are projecting your own personality unto 4han. I dont think this describes Veeky Forums. There is such behavior here but it is usually wholy contained within posts like "you are a cuck" or something of this nature.
Complex discussions require a lot of time to process, interpret and answer with another complex post.
Veeky Forums as a webite simply does not facilitate an environment for very serious discussions and such discussions remains on the sidelines.

How old are you? Serious question.

It's a sense of hating being pidgeon-holed. perhaps you hate being pidgeon-holed yourself, or perhaps you like doing it to other people and consider it a deep victory when you successfully label someone.

Real adults (people with weight on their own actions from family, dependants, or themselves) don't have time to be worried about being pidgeon-holed. Find something to devote yourself to, so that when someone does it you're so into something else that your reaction is more or less

"bitch I'm busy teaching myself Chinese, Computer Science, and Philosophy, while working a full-time job. You're going to say I'm a certain sort of person? You're a simpleton, and even if you figured me out you'd never grasp the gravity of all of my decisions. Enjoy your wasted life judging others while I do shit."

When else?

You're making gods and demons out of labels; it's not people that enslave you, it's your words. They're just words, just another part of existence with its place in it like everything else. You won't win heaven or hell by them, no matter how much you want to be there.

You are probably right. Like I said I am somewhat new here. I used to browse Reddit a lot but I got jaded and bitter and sick to death of the democracy. This place seems so much more real than Reddit. Marginalized people have the same say as anyone else which I like. On Reddit everything I said was either removed by mods or downvoted. Here I can inflict myself on at least a few people and honestly even the negative stuff is refreshing since it's true which is more than I can say about the things on Reddit.

That explains why you are so whiney and self centered.

wew lad

Veeky Forums ain't like that. Read No More Mr Nice guy. Seems like you are afraid of conforming to others' ideals of yourself.but what's odd is why do you care so much? You obviously don't care about social faux pas as you demonstrated in your examples (which is a lot bard) but why do you care that you shouldn't live up to the other person's expectation? The latter is actually quite easy and it was the latter followed by the former when I stopped giving a fuck.

If I wanted to be self-critical I could say that it is probably a result of very low self-worth and that I sabotage social expectations because then my failure is intentional rather than accidental and in that way easier to stomach. But it feels weird to self-diagnose that while pretending that I can't help myself. I am a caricature of a basement-dweller (at 27 I still live with my mom and don't work) so I guess it's not much of a stretch to say I am just horribly broken.

>at 27 I still live with my mom and don't work
And why is that bad? You love your mother and work sucks. Where else should you be?

If you don't want to do a job, you're afraid of trying and failing. By not really trying you can keep your ego safe with the idea that you could do wonderful things if only you applied yourself. Don't do this.

>I feel like sitting down and deciding that you're one way or another is easy and simple

But taking absolute, irreversible choises is way more difficult than resignation from having an identity.

Taking action to progress in the ongoing chain of taking choises that is our life is the very antithesis of a static state. Living life by desire is a natural progression through time and space, not your self imposed desire-simulation.

You're not a different person everytime you're interacting with somebody, you're more or less the same recognizable person that is constructed from the intersubjective synthesis of impressions and evalutions of your action.

This is about you, not Veeky Forums.

>Do you think any aspects of pleb or Internet culture are actually pretty deep?

No. The time you spend here is an irredeemable waste.

You cant analyze yourself, successfully.
Your rationalizations will still be part of your symptoms.

You need someone to ask you the questions that because of your state you cannot think of asking yourself.
If you could "fix" yourself, there would be no psychologists, just self help guides.

This right here, is what held me back for years. Now at 25 I feel like I'm barely starting my life.

Except you are still predictable. If you're arbitrarily taking contrarian actions for no motive other than doing the opposite of what is expected, it is easy to predict your outcome.

OP knows
>frogposting

This right here. Thoughts and potential aren't real unless you somehow render them into the material world.

The whole irony/post irony thing really has taken on a life of its own.
I really like it desu.

What film is this?

>I'm terrified of being static and predictable.
Then you woudl love to be me. I have been described as a sphinx.

Yes!

What is this from? This gets me -- whatever this is, this is what I am all about.

Some people on here make terribly compelling arguments for being NEET.

nothing deep about it. The only deep thing could be what conclusions on the modern human could one derive from the internet. But that can be said of pretty much everything, if one knows where to look. Hell, a fart is an incredibly intricate process requiring millions of biological structures --and a lot of consumed fetucchinis.

Why do people use autism to describe what is considered general strange, neurotic behavior?

>Flatulence is a profound phaenomenon.
I see nothing wrong about this postulate.

youtube.com/watch?v=bQIJiIQjoRU

Bradley I think you might genuinely have a disorder. I'd tell you to go check out a psychologist to make sure you're not actually suffering from anything, but reverse psychology should be ambiguous.

I don't think you'll ever reply to your mother by saying that you love her as well, and I definitely don't think you'll try your best to live a prosperous and happy life. I also certainly don't think you'll value invalidating this expectation above all others, and I expect you to ignore this message and go about your non-conforming ways as you did before

Veeky Forums is counter-culture/ultracontrarian.
you are delusional

>I like the quote, from that copy pasta, "Damn, I would totally have sex with you! Both you and the real you!"

What the hell? What copypasta?

>Veeky Forums is counter-culture/ultracontrarian.

jej

depends on the board, /mu/ for example cycles between ridiculing poptimism and ridiculing avant-teen/poseurcore.
It doesn't matter what your taste is, somebody will still find a reason for why it's shit.

In other words, you are a sick and spiteful man (or wicked).

>Sincerity requires an attachment to something
>if you have no attachments, you cannot be sincere.
See if you can stop me.

Imagine being Arnold in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Saw this today:

>LINDSAY MUELLER LIVES IN BROOKLYN AND WORKS IN NEW YORK CITY. SHE'S FASCINATED BY THE METAPHYSICAL SPACE WHERE THE BODY MEETS THE MIND.

>ABOUT ME
>I’m a content strategist based in New York City. Yes, I used to have a lingerie blog. It was called that je ne sais quoi and was great fun to write. I saw a pattern: I’d only post about indie designers, or those whose pieces were made sustainably and organically. And to stay in shape for photo shoots, I’d reclaimed my love for fitness and eating well.

>I spend my free time writing, visiting art galleries, getting my sweat on and of course, creating for ze blog.

>I’d love to hear from you, say hello at [email protected].

Why do I live in a world where actual shit is constantly being churned to create more complex hybrid forms of shit? Reading this site is like eating shit.

I think Veeky Forums and a handful of other web-based communities constitute the most significant cultural phenomenon of our times and will be remembered, accurately or not, the same way people today remember the hippies or the punks

John Green is a parody of the YA genre and he hasn't told anyone yet. It's a ruse like from Belarus. John Green shares an e and an a with Belarus, and you know what e and a mean? EA. The video game company, EA. EA was voted the worst company in Amerika, the land of the free. However, is Amerika really free, really liberty, really death? Nah. Capitalism is the same as feudalism. Capitalists are the kings or state leader and the peasants are the proletarians. We are feudalists and Obama and Coca Cola are our kings and dukes. This is what John Green is parodying; HE'S A GENIUS.

the 'blogosphere' is a fascinating circlejerk to be honest, especially since plenty of these cunts actually make a living off it.

You sound like a shitty book character.

tbqh the (attempted) upward trajectory is more fun than doing nothing

His only principle is that he has no principles.

You sound like the Underground Man.

>*sniff*
that's pretty accurate.

you have to wonder how many of these people find this exhausting vs. actually enjoy the smell of their own farts, maybe both. brooklyn truly is hell

what's the copypasta?