How to determine if someone's tastes are shit

>thinking infinite jest is a good book
>thinking lolita is anything other than a 10/10
>liking pynchon but not vonnegut

>if they ever ask how to determine shit-taste

>making bait threads

>Betas usually use shit memes. That's a clear sign they have shit taste in everything.

>thinking their opinions are facts

>he fell for the meme is a meme meme

>tastes are shit
>thinking infinite jest is a good book
This is very true and I feel sorry for the readers that got memed by Veeky Forums.

>how to spot people with ADD/stupidity who rationalize quitting

>having to rationalize quitting
Is it your job? If you're not enjoying it then that's all the reason you need to stop reading it

People started hating on infinite jest because it became too popular for the contrarian children of Veeky Forums.
I find funny how neckbeards feel superior about something as subjective as taste, even more when their tastes are copy pasted from the internet.

>spend years cultivating building patrician persona
>can quote Dante in original Italian
>Went to Dublin for Bloomsday and got drunk
>Read all of Pynchons oeuvre without ever having to use a wiki or a guide
>go out to club
>meet a qt
>go back to her place
>wake up and notice the Fault in Our Stars on her bedside table

where did i go wrong senpai?

This is the most pleb thing i've read all week.
>"But it's soooo long. Who cares about them boring old greeks. I want to read Harry Potter again!"

So you're saying you don't really enjoying reading greek literature but you do it anyway so as to not be a pleb?

Thank you Captain...
>Great fucking KEK!!

What's so fucking great about Lolita anyway? I bet no one here can tell me why in a way that is coherent at all.

pussy dont have an IQ m8

what a stupid question

yo dude its like its abhorrent like dude its disgusting but the prose man
the fucking prose

So pussy is just insanely retarded?

This is why actual discussion is impossible on Veeky Forums. Faggots just greentext their point of view and treat it like an obvious truth

> thinking infinite jest isn't a good book

Nice try pleb

Its overrated, the first paragraph is incredible and there are some other excellent parts but for the most part it is hugely overrated and lacks much force behind the words that makes Moby Dick or Under the Volcano such great works. His prose is ornate and pretty but its like comparing a rose to the Colosseum.

>caring about someone else's tastes

>enjoyable

Empty word. Is learning not enjoyable? Is critical reading not enjoyable? Is analysis not enjoyable?

It's an artifice.