What edition of Ulysses should I buy?

What edition of Ulysses should I buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Ulysses-Annotated-Students-Penguin-Classics/dp/0141197412/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you can throw one of those out right now.

>he takes the memeposting seriously

Fuck you. Penguin deluxe GR has based paper quality. Silky smood

meant for

Everyman's Library version

>Penguin deluxe GR has based paper quality. Silky smood

Paper isn't supposed to be smooth ya dumbass. The ink runs off it the paper doesn't have the grooves to take it which is exactly what happened with that Penguin edition.

Shit. Sorry.

This. That shit is fuckin tight.

>with an introduction

Penguin's Annotated Student Edition

amazon.co.uk/Ulysses-Annotated-Students-Penguin-Classics/dp/0141197412/r

The only edition I know of that has notes in the back. Well, the Oxford World's Classics edition has notes too, but it uses the 1922 version of the text, full of errors. This is the 1961 revision.

If you're in the US and you want it new, you have to order it either from Amazon UK or The Book Depository.

I love Everyman's Library, and their Ulysses is handsome, but they did their own setting of the text so that if you want to use a supplementary book of annotations, you can't, the lines don't match up. Not to mention it doesn't mark lines in the margins anyway.

If you plan to use a book of annotations to help you, you want either the Vintage or the Gabler.

gabler or nothing

cont.
(or the Modern Library, which is just the Vintage in hardcover)

You might say that a book of annotations contains too much information for a first reading. I agree, which is why I recommended the Penguin Annotated above, which has brief notes in the back.

OP, we can be brothers. Same editions.

Looks like you've already got two copies right there

looks like you need to visit a gym familia

daily reminder that mind = body

I exercise daily. The shadow is an illusion.

>Oxford World's Classics
This is what I used a couple of months ago. There are several errors where lines are missing, pointed out and corrected in the endnotes.

Other than that it was great.

>even the book has a fedora