Is 26 too old to start a successful writing career?

Is 26 too old to start a successful writing career?

No, Colonel Sanders funded KFC at 66.

if you need to ask then yes

And he's going to get BTFO by Hillary.

Gaddis and DeLillo didn't publish a novel until their early 30s.

No. Dostoevsky's first major work wasn't published until he was forty-three.

He was kinda busy for a while...

If you're a dumb cunt like you are OP, then yes I'm afraid.

Fawk

tenks for the inspiration

Close, but backward. You're too young if you need to ask.

Didn't Bukowski start really late?

But if you have that mentality then that is an indication that you do not have the drive to do it because if you did you wouldn't care that much about it and just write.

It's never too late to fail in something

never is late

Nah, but why would you want to fart in a wind tunnel?

Too young, honestly.

Burroughs didn't start writing until 35. If you have talent, any age is fine really.

>why would you want to fart in a wind tunnel?

He ironically quips on a literature board.

>until

Gaddis put out a mammoth masterpiece at quite a young age. That was a horrible example.

ive been writing on an off since i was 18. Ive only recenelt started writing seriously at the age of 24. im almost 26 now, and i will soon be going back and revising a lot of my works with a more refined pen. Id say that 26 is just the right time to do anything in life. go for it, if you feel like you can.

Van Gogh was 28 before he decided he wanted to be an artist and produced enough works for a lifetime in his short ten year career. You could be 60 and still have time for that. Gauguin was in his early 30's, and Rousseau was in his late 40's or early 50's before he started painting.

Pynchon wrote "V" at 26

and its a mess

No, he published it at 26. He was 23 when he started writing it and was 22 when he started writing short stories.

Lmao post your work faggot

Sabato got his physics PhD and worked at the Marie Curie Institute before even publishing his first works.

OP is probably talking about good authors. Not juvenile hacks.

Why do you think Sabato is a hack?

Stirner wrote his masterpiece when he was 38 and only had paid work for 5 years of his life.

Yeah since all humans die at 27 you really fucked up

>falling for the age/greatness correlation meme
>asking a meme board if this meme is true
>being this insecure at 26
lad..........................................................

most people don't even begin to enjoy the fruits of their labour until well into their 40s and 50s

No. Being a successful writer at any age is difficult.

Shakespeare didn't write his first play until he was 97.

and by that time he'd been dead 10 years! never too late op

No. Many writers made it late in life. Writing is the best refuge/opiate/pipe dream of the late bloomer, bar none.