Audio Books

Thoughts on audio books?

Its ok

Fine for consuming pleb shit for the sake of being able to talk to normies about books, but if it's a book that you actually at all care about, you should actually read it.

Idk

They're good

I only use it for history books, non fiction about philosophy as well. With a good reader it can be pretty good.

Moo

I have little time to read books. So I read really good books and listen to a lot of audio books. S/F mostly

why?

I like them, but holy shit does the narrator read slow! crank that shit up to 2x if I want to finish a book a week.

Cool

you pay more attention, you get to use your inner voice.

Maybe you do, but I can focus just fine on audiobooks.
While I do like using my inner voice while reading it is interesting to hear someone else read.
I don't think it's just for pleb shit you don't care about, it's just different.

f

J

I've been thinking about listening to some audio books whilst I'm playing a video game. Anyone have success with that? I mostly read the normal way, if it matters.

It will be almost useless because you won't be able to pay attention as much as is required to fully understand what's going on.

I don't think I could do that unless it was something I had read before or something that was simple. It depends on the game as well.
I usually listen to podcasts during downtime in video games.

Wee wee

I play jigsaws when listening to Audiobooks, it's great, you can perfectly focus on both things and not lose focus

I usually listen to audiobooks when driving, drawing, or making models. Works for me.

I usually listen to some pleb level stuff in audio book form (pop science, self help etc) while working or doing chores. If I'm invested in a book I'll read a physical copy.

Listening to pleb lit (GoT) on audiobooks while deadlifting crew.

Don't be like the rabblement of lemmings and audiobook god tier lit.