Have you actually read the entire meme trilogy, Veeky Forums?

Have you actually read the entire meme trilogy, Veeky Forums?

Did you like it?

Which one stood out to you the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QcYXWfGt7DY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

start with the greeks

GR and Ulysses are masterpieces. IJ is great but doesn't reach sublime status as the others do.

>Have you actually read the entire meme trilogy, Veeky Forums?
yes, though not with any intention of reading the 'meme trilogy', they are just three important books in english lit
>Did you like it?
yes, all very worthwhile.
Which one stood out to you the most?
gravity's rainbow is a personal favorite, ulysses is a high standard of what literature can be. infinite jest is good contemporary americna lit, but easily the worst of the three, if i had to pick one. well rounded and good but not a standout work intellectually, aesthetically, or technically

I liked Jest and Ulysses pretty much equally. Very well rounded works.

Gravity's Rainbow was completely incoherent and generally a waste of time. It doesn't have any value aside from the novelty you get from reading such a goddamned ridiculous book. I don't know why it's so often held to the same regard as the other two books.

dont listen to this faggot
gr is a masterpiece, though obviously not for everyone

it's probably the most intellectually profound of the three books and has a very unique pop-art style
it's almost like a longform novelized crumb comic

I thought half of gr was meh. Ulysses was boring and infinite jest was funny and depressing. you get more out of non meme books. stay away from the memes unless you've read lots of books.

That's how I felt as well. Seconded on the incoherence, but I don't enjoy Pinecone's writing as a whole.

IJ was good. Haven't read Ulysses.

I was halfway through GR about a year ago. What made me put it down, and this may seem a bit pitiful, was a post I saw on here. In a bookshelf thread someone replied to one user's bookshelf (which was 90% postmodern memes) something to the effect of "how are you supposed to appreciate the subversion of a novel [regarding user's copy of GR] if you've never even read one." That really got to me because that user's bookshelf had a lot in common with mine. I'll come back to GR eventually. And this isn't even a case of me thinking I need to start with the Greeks, I just think I need to mature a little, and I'm also gonna familiarize myself a bit with Pynchon first.

this

There's a reason it's called the "meme" trilogy and not the "essential" trilogy. People who have never read them think they are safe in claiming that they are each the apex of literature because of how stupidly long and difficult. The uninitiated have every reason to think this is correct, whereas people who actually read know that these books really are nothing special.

you're new and you're wrong

dude I'm fucking sorry but

pinchin or pinecone? piekin? piecon? all of the above?

>hurrrr ur new xDDD

You sure proved me wrong there buddy

not bothering to make a new thread or search for the current QTDDTOT

I need answers.

holy FUCK you are new

No, I'm really not.

Gravity's Rainbow stood out the most to me. Ulysses was great, but I didn't really like IJ.
GR just felt right to me, idk how to explain it.

well done typing with perfect grammar, everyone thinks you're cool
everything i'm cool
books

Pinch-ON! Apply directly to the forehead!

It's Pinecone bruh, you know, like the fruit.

youtube.com/watch?v=QcYXWfGt7DY
This is him saying it himself

you don't know a goddamned thing

Neither do you, quite clearly.