Tfw subvocalizer

>tfw subvocalizer

Other urls found in this thread:

staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/technology-research-centers/ereaders/speed-reader/
youtube.com/watch?v=kmDMrxUSXKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>texting solid 8/10
>Going great she invites me over
>Going to get the keys to my mom's car when my iPhone vibrates
>She texted me
>Wait do u sub-vocalize?
>Tell her yeah it's nbd
>She doesn't respond
>Show up at her place
>Lights are off no one answers the door
>Never hear from her again

I know that feel. I try to add dramatic flair in my head when I read which makes no sense since I am my own audience.

Link to the website?

Source?

staples reading test.

I don't know why subvocalizers even bother

forgot link
staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/technology-research-centers/ereaders/speed-reader/

Thanks brah

:^)

>it's grandma's birthday
>give her a book
>she tells me to get close
>she hugs me and whispers in my ear
>"you filthy subvocalizer fag"
i can see my grandma to the eyes even today

>170 wpm

Should I just not bother?

I'd tell you to kill yourself, but by the time yous finish reading my advice, you night already be dead anyway.

topkek

The second one was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and the third one was The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Fucking lol

lmao

How can I learn to read faster? My friend recommended reading erotica. It's helped somewhat but I'm sure there's a better way.

The usual "read more" doesn't work. I'm an English major, and even after reading all that I'm still no faster.

You don't need to read faster. Reading isn't a dick measuring contest.

Does anyone really care about subvocalising?

youtube.com/watch?v=kmDMrxUSXKY

If a person is reading for leisure what is wrong with sub-vocalizing?

It matters when it takes me about a week to read a 120 page novella and I need to read 3 of them per week for several classes.

Holy moly guacamole

You're not reading the whole time are you?

I read very slow when I'm reading for fun and I still get 25-40 pages done in an hour.

Just sit down for like 3 or 4 hours and you can get through them. How much time did you spend looking at your phone or looking online?

It isn't hard to find time if you really look at what is essential and what is not.

>40 pages in an hour
>very slow

I'm pretty happy with this

I can spend usually 5-6 hours and usually get 50 pages done. I try not doing more then 50 pages a day.

It's rough when I have to read all of that AND take lectures, write essays, and work in order to pay for it all.

How? Do you take meticulous notes and shit while you read?

kek

I really have to wonder how you do this. I consider myself a slow reader and I finish 100 pages in a good hour.

No, I just am slow, I don't usually do much else, when I was reading middle march i'd spend 7-8 hours a day and 50 pages.

I've read 7 books in the last 2 months so i think i'm doing okay but I'll admit my mind does wonder.

I play the characters out in my head as I read and imagine them as the text dictates their actions. Am I reading wrong?

>714wpm
fucking college students are beating me it's time to consciously start working to better my reading speed

>humble bragging
Get the fuck out

I do that too. It's like tv

What. I don't understand. Is 100 pages an hour a good thing?! I thought I was slow and stupid. People on this board say they read Ulysses in two-three days.

How accurate is this ?

Is it hard to focus on reading in Hell?

everyone subvocalizes, all these speed-reading things are bullshit. no one reads without subvocalizing.

Well every other minute some asshole comes by and jabs me in the side with a pitchfork
Also they only let me read on a Kindle Fire.

you just pressed the button and guessed the questions senpai.

>reading on a kindle fire
My god, how horrible. I gotta start going to church

^ found the subbie

>Does anyone really care about subvocalising?

Spotted the subvocalizer.

I deliberately subvocalize when reading poetry or philosophy. With most fiction you can "skim" over most of it and get the gist without really losing anything.

Really?

I do the opposite. I subvocalize when reading fiction but don't when reading non fiction philo or science books.

Oblivious poetry is a must for subvocalizing; I agree with you there.

466WPM I've improved by 150~in a year. Thanks advice frog. Is he still a meme?

Obliviously that is wrong. Poetry must be vocalized for best results.

I do it with fiction, but I don't sub vocalize for non fiction stuff, unless it's super prosey

I can avoid sub vocalizing but it's just so boring

>tfw faster than the world speed reading champion

feelsgoodman.exe

Reading fast is a terrible, terrible habit.

>I consider myself a slow reader and I finish 100 pages in a good hour.
stfu

i only did this once so it should be pretty honest
also im buzzed

Quite happy since english isn't my native language

Absolut blitzkrieg

There's nothing wrong with sub vocalising in any circumstances really, hating it is just a meme. In fact if you don't sub vocalise a play or a poem you will almost definitely miss out on cadence and meter.

Am i lit yet?

>295 wpm
Granted English is not my native language but still, I'm a college student and I read quite regularly.
Should I just give up?

anyone else /internalises everything at a glance/ here

Sounds like an awful, soulless way to read.

>tfw I take time with lit I enjoy instead of racing through it

You're an insufferable fag

Nothing, really. Speed-reading is a great skill for reading textbooks or anything that you need to get through, quickly, but part of what makes a lot of books enjoyable is the sound of the language, itself (especially if you're reading poetry). If you just want to hear the story, sub-vocalizing gets in the way, but most people, also, want to hear the author's voice, since a good author can make what would be an otherwise mundane story sound exciting.

not bad. two more revolutions and i'll be better than tony hawk.

900 wpm, I've found myself increasing in reading speed with every book (also don't subvocalize).

Took it three times, each time it was a different passage but my score greatly increased each time.

The thing is, it doesn't seem like it would be enjoyable to read like that. I'm gonna try it for a few chapters in the book i'm reading and see if I get anything out of it.

pretty easy t b h

>tfw you finally make the patrician upgrade from subvocalization to vocalization

>subvocalization
fuck of with this pseudoscience bullshit . there's literally no conclusive proof this bullshit exists and that people are even capable of doing it .

I scored 305 on this test. Though I typically read slower, and subvocalize a lot.

I don't think I have the verbal IQ to read much faster than 350 while retaining comprehension, understanding, and an appreciation of the text. I have no idea how some people can read so fast. Bloom says he can take in a whole page at once which I find almost unbelievable, but the guy has an incredible brain.

^ found the subbie

Fig. 1
[the joke]
[your head]