Poll shows that between men and women, women are considered better writers. Well...

Poll shows that between men and women, women are considered better writers. Well... guess I'll just pack my shit up then...

"In a recent poll, 59 percent of people asked said they believe women are, generally, better writers. (We like those people.)"

Pic related.

Thoughts?

Why are you trusting these meme polls when you know full well the publics idea of a masterpiece is fucking Game of Thrones?

I doubt it. Wheres the proof?

Thanks.

Yep, meandering stories of characters just arguing about who to marry wrapped up in long sentences just putting synonyms after equivalent words are superior to presenting an thought out idea in swift and pertinent language.

Fucking women. Am I right?

good bait

Wow, sexist prick.

Call me when there's a female Homer or Shakespeare desu

What makes Homer better then J.K Rowling?

L I T E R A L L Y what? Dumbass.

anyone here read miss macintosh, my darling

The average woman is better than the average male writer (there are many male retards), but as I am not average, and I do not read even average books (which themselves would be written by above-average writers), this is both irrelevant to the writing of literature (generally above-average material) and my writing

(you're an idiot)

*yawn*. Yeah, tell us how great you are & how you're an "Above average reader and writer".

I CAN GUARANTEE YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE PUBLISHED.

B E G O N E

btfo'd

already have been, you useless troll

"Self Published"

"None gave a fuck about me except mummy and daddy"

:)

satan please.

You must have polled a bunch of plebs

This is why I use a female pseudonym (also because I like to imagine myself as a cute little girl).

Of course they are, if you assume that the things women do in writing (eg long sentences) are intrinsically better than the things men do (eg short sentences).

Actually, the things women do have nothing to do with quality. What matters isn't how many words a sentence has but how much and what it says.

that's because the general public probably doesn't know all too much about literature, lots of the people who were asked were probably just thinking 'back in highscool girls got higher grades is creative writing assignments so I guess it women lol'

you can't seriously argue that the vast majority of great masterpieces have not been written by men.

>the only criteria for good writing are plot development and long sentences

yeah ok

I have an internet poll that says you should give me everything you own then kill yourself.

Clearly you should base an important life decision on these results.

thisx1000

What the fuck does "get to the point" even mean?

100% of polled persons consider 99% of people to be completely worthless at answering polls properly

This is bait. There are great writers of both genders. Who cares what the retarded masses have to say?

The literary equivalent of "We waz kangs"

I'd save one chapter of Ulysses from a fire before I'd save femininity's collective oeuvre

i'm absolutely not tired of these epic feminism threads on Veeky Forums
not at all

Literally all the great writers of any epoch are men.
Hell, we don't even have to go way back. From the most popular authors today, the male ones are the least shitty.

This is some self indulgent degenerate shit right here. While I honestly believe that there are amazing female writers alive and dead, the fact that you actually have to poll people to try and find out if one sex is better than the other at writing.... how insecure do you have to be? what was the purpose of this? does the person that made this feel better about themselves after the fact? and it goes both ways, if theres som faggot out there polling people and bending the info to make men seem like the better writers, even if they were, I hope they get stripped of all right to write or ever lay their eyes on literature.

>women are regarded as better at writing character development and description
>therefore they are regarded as superior writers all around, implying proficiency in nonfiction and history as well as fiction

>jack's weird talent is that he can swallow olives and apricots whole
>therefore, jack must be able to swallow unplucked turkeys and all other foods as well, and is generally the best swallower

also
>3,000 survey respondents
wew

Bits of it. It was massively better than I expected.

thinking because more people like something it is better is no more valid than think because a cat shit on it it is better.

I've been looking for it in every used book store I visit. Not only have I come up dry, but not a single bookstore employee has even heard of it (one told me he liked her other books though...what?). I think I'm going to have to just order it on eBay.

looks long and hard to be honest

Where's any kind of proof? What tells me all those poeple interviewed know what they where talking about and not just pulling PC opinions?

Spot the useless woman.

I need to see the polling data. Facts or GTFO, newfag

Why are you telling me this? That"s exactly what I'm asking for, idiot.

the "average" woman is a better writer than the "average" man

the top 5% of writers are exclusively men.

not only is there on objective way to gather data on who writes 'better' as rigorously defining good or bad writing is something we will do a day or two before we could make computer generated actually good writing like that new rembrandt painting.

there's no point in doing this statistic even if it would be done well . i suspect its simply because theres lots of marketed-to-women books written by women .

God, I hate women. There's nothing wrong with a group being inferior at virtually everything, but when it masquerades itself as superior then there's something wrong.

Would you not consider Virginia Woolf in the the top 5% of writers

If thats what you want then show me the goddamn data!

This is legit really good bait.

Are there sources cited? Is this data meme made by a reputable non-biased website? Did they ask non-biased individuals for their opinions or did they ask every woman in feminist glasses they could find at their local college campus' safe space? I'd like to see some facts.

>democracy
top γέλιο

You mean this?

Miss MacIntosh, My Darling - Marguerite Young.epub u.pomf.is/oowqdz.epub

>Reading ebooks

I want a hardcopy. Thanks though.

kek

yet, any list of the greatest works of literature will be disproportionately populated by men..

>Miss MacIntosh, My Darling - Marguerite Young

thanks, you made my day

Were you guys not around for the mass torrent dumps? Alright

>Dalkey Archive Press
>> u.pomf.is/tljoiw.torrent

>New Directions
>> u.pomf.is/aykzmu.torrent

>New York Review Books
>> u.pomf.is/jzpqeq.torrent

>Oxford World Classics
>> u.pomf.is/pjltdl.torrent

>Pushkin Press