Veeky Forums on TV series

So what tv shows do you guys watch? I'm asking you because Veeky Forums is known for having great patrician taste. I personally liked Mad Men

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

obviously the patrician thing is not to watch television

*yawn*

I bet you're the type of cunt to only watch the most "acclaimed" films of a director and jack off to a top comment saying how "beautiful" the cinematography is whilst not knowing what the fuck you're looking at.

Protip: Don't disregard the classics and don't disregard the others.

You'll find your favourite album, artist, film etc in the most random unknown place.

Other then that, fuck off.

seinfeld all day erry day

Yes

Fuck no

Retard

No

Meant to call you a retard, but yes is also a retard

I like Seinfeld too.

This kind of stuff

>Other then that
What are you doing on this board

PS moving pictures are for plebs

X-files
Twin peaks

The Big Bang Theory so that people will know that I'm intelligent and have a witty sense of humour. I'm a huge nerd who also watches Star Wars though.

:^)

Autism.

The Following is pretty good and tailored to the Veeky Forums audience, at least at first. The antagonist literally spells out the fact that he doesn't really give a shit about Edgar Allan Poe mythos about halfway through the first or second season (and acknowledging in that sentence that he's just another boring psychopath) and it goes downhill from there, but still worth binging through.

Would you believe me that i found out about the show through it being mentioned in an issue of the Punisher?

I don't think it's a worthwhile question to ask people what they're watching currently, unless you're digging into older series you have a weekly rotation of shlock that's 'good-enough' for your psychological profile's needs and anything is good enough for your inner procrastinator or instant gratification monkey's needs.

Anything that NBC has been shitting out is fine - Blacklist, Blindspot, Game of Silence(new), The Player(cancelled) and whatever else is not worth mentioning

Arrow, the Flash and Gotham for your dose of ridiculous melodrama and teenager and/or brooding young stud protagonists.

Speaking of which, Luther. an actually good show that makes me depressed because it's been semi-cancelled and on life support.

Silicon Valley
It's Always Sunny

Dekalog is heartbreaking all the way through but it is top notch TV.
I'm learning German so I will check out Heimat and Berlin Alexanderplatz.

Mad Men is pleb and fedora as fuck, OP. Be better.

Borgen is good. The Newsroom. The Thick of It. And of course: Hannibal.

God I miss Hannibal.

You are in no position to call anything fedora, my friend

The Newsroom is complete and utter garbage.

I like HBO dramas, old school [adult swim] comedies, Seinfeld, classic Simpsons, Twin Peaks, The Prisoner, Wonder Showzen, anime

Oh yeah, and why's that?

Mad Men is literally a show with fedoras. The fan base consists of self-proclaimed red-pilled R edditors who go out and buy fedoras to look more like Don Draper.

Paranoia Agent is the best television of all time

Both great scifi/surrealist joints
I'd add LOST, Battlestar Galactica, and Star Trek

Light entertainment. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Community, Trailer Park Boys. Game of Thrones too, though I'll never read the books.

I thought Breaking Bad was highly overrated. Loved the two first seasons of The Wire. In general I have never seen any TV show that came close to literature in terms of profundity and artistic merit.

>The Prisoner
Epic surreal mindfuck ending 23 years before Twin Peaks

I watched it for the first time in more than ten years a month or so ago and thought it was kind of overrated and not as good as I remembered

Not that guy, and I disagree with his terminology. Hannibal is edgelord territory, not fedora.

It shit's on Hopkins' legacy from The Silence of the Lambs, and there's shit enough on that legacy from the Lecter movie sequels, who abandon the masterful psychological horror from TSotL for cheap and vulgar gore - much like the TV series.

Yeah man, that ending is still probably the best moment in television history.

Curb your enthusiasm is the most lit show.

Tyrant
Tyrant
Tyrant

Fuck yeah

I also liked the Wire, Rome, Always Sunny, Eastbound and Down, and Seinfeld.

Caring about "legacy" is fedora as a fuck, user. Or High School-tier.
The TV show is not supposed to be a televisation of the books or the movies, but a thing of itself, with it's own style. The characters are simply borrowed.

It really isn't. Legacy could justifiably be called a spook, but not fedora-tier at all. I think most great men cared about what legacy they would leave, what kind of lasting effect their actions would leave on the world after they're gone. If you consider that fedora, I just don't get you. You pretty much just called every author, philosopher, political leader and artist fedora-wearing high schoolers.

Ever heard of the videogame version of Dante's Inferno? It's a thing of itself with it's own style. Still atrocious, and even worse for tarnishing the source material.

I cannot stomach any TV show except for Gravity Falls

you can also find your favourite album, artist, film, etc. in the most predictable places.

Favourite comedy shows:
>Seinfeld
>The Simpsons
>Arrested Development
>Curb your Enthusiasm
>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Favourite drama shows:
>Oz
>X-Files
>The Sopranos
>The Wire
>Mad Men

Yeah I know these are kind of generic "best shows ever lol," but these are just the shows I like.

>ctrl+f deadwood
>0 results
that's disappointing
youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E

Moral Orel

The Knick
The Leftovers

both great to me as someone who's top show is also Mad Men

Deadwood is great, but I could never bring it up to my favourites because it's incomplete.

It's not like there's a lot of amazing television. You basically rounded it out.

>I bet you're the type of cunt to only watch the most "acclaimed" films of a director and jack off to a top comment saying how "beautiful" the cinematography is whilst not knowing what the fuck you're looking at.
Heavy projection

I don't care about its success and your so-called patrician taste. GOT will always be Veeky Forums's official show and you know it.

The Wire
Mad Men
Archer
The Simpsons
South Park
Studio Ghibli stuff.
Gotta see Evangelion once for the meme-factor.

There are more good films than TV series.

I always wanted to watch The Knick, is it any good? Where can I watch it?

First post, best post. This is the correct opinion. Television erodes the soul. It is trite that is easy to consume, but that opens no new pathways in your brain to explore. Even simpe genre fiction has the ability to move you in ways that television can't.

I quit watching telly about a year ago and I have not looked back. I don't miss it at all. I hope I don't come across as too pretentious, because I really want other people to experience the joy of a life without television - it is truly bliss and I can recommend it to everyone. Watching television equals to dead, wasted hours that could be spend on reading or being outside.

See, this post is why you should watch tv, because if you don't, you'll end up like this user.

What do you see in Hannibal? Serious question, I really tried to like it, but I thought It was just edgy murders with pseudo character development (not even that) and cool shots.

I heard a lot of good reviews coming from intelligent people, so maybe I just didn't get it, that's why I ask.

I'm not watching any current TV shows but I bought the complete series of Deadwood last week and I'm enjoying it so far.

My favorite show of all time is Mad Men though.

Lulz

This senpai

Cinematography is world class. Season 2 finale is a good example. The soundtrack too! Both the music made for the show but especially the selection of classical pieces. GOOD classical music, non of this pleb shit. It all works so greatly together.

Hannibal is less about the story development and more about the aesthetics, that's what I think a lot of people miss.
It's like going to watch a Bergman movie and expecting the action and excitement of Iron Man 2. It's just not what it's about, you know?