Man Who Read His Way Through a Beyonce Concert

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/man-reads-book-beyoncs-performance-north-carolina/story?id=38926824

abc11.com/entertainment/meet-the-man-who-read-a-book-at-raleigh-beyonce-concert/1326171/

It's not that he didn't like the show, but...

"I find Beyonce a great show woman, very attractive. Her music? Eh, fine, but not my style, the Greece native said. "I listen to '50s, '60s, '70s, and a lot of Greek music.

We were dying to know just what book it was that was so interesting it took his attention away from Queen Bey.

Papageorgiou said it was Danube Pilot by Jules Verne, in Greek. His parents bought him the book 53 years ago in Cairo when he was just 13 years old.

He's read it seven or eight times - including during a Beyonce concert.

"I love it - probably not another book that's influenced my love for geography as much as this book," he explained. "It's about a trip from Georgia and the caucuses all the way to Beijing, China with a whole bunch of adventures in-between, so it's an exciting book."

Papageorgiou is amused by all the attention he's getting in social media.

"I get this message on my iPhone saying 'It's hilarious, you're in the news for reading a book at the Beyonce concert.' It didn't sink in till I started getting phone calls or my wife and stuff saying the news is calling they want to interview you and I'm like 'What about?'" said Papageorgiou.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Nobody says anything about everyone browsing on your phone or being obnoxious with them at social events
>OH NO SOMEONE HAS A BOOK

I find the hypocrisy unbelievable

I've stopped going to most larger concerts because unless I'm in the front row I'll end up watching the whole thing from the fucking phones held up in front of me.

What's the deal with filming it anyway? Is it because girls are short and can't see the stage? I just don't understand why it's become a universal norm.

To film a concert?

It's most likely because they want to share the video with their friends on snapchat/instagram, or they're actually delusional enough to think that they're going to watch it themselves later on.

dude's a hero

This. It's automatically worse if Pitchfork has given the artist a favorable review recently.
Only exception to the rule: metal/punk/etc. The shows are too rowdy for little hipster girls to wade in near the front and hold their phones up.

Beyoncé is an android manufactured by capitalist reptilians to feed women messages of empowerment while keeping them docile consumers. Good job greekbro, only through education can we overcome their tricks (that's why a humanities education has become le waste of time and our youth are only encouraged to select 'practical' studies, more reptilian tricks)

>This is news in America
Just let Trump fix everything already.

greeks reaffirming democracy and now education

Not like girls attend those shows anyway

>caucuses

i thought journalists needed at least some basic education, but i guess i was wrong

I saw a plenty when I saw Deafheaven a few months ago, but most were a too heavily tattooed and pierced to be typical Pitchfork bitches.

youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA

This honestly seems like it should be an article on the Onion.

He was probably just another racist Greek desu. Beyonce's new album is a solid 85% of a possible 10 whole merits.

Has anyone read the Jules Verne book based off the manuscript that was found years after his death?

>unironically listening to popular music

Yeah I can see that. Newer bands with a lot of buzz tend to attract more diverse crowds, but at shows for old school bands the crowds are heavily male dominated

>listening to popular music

I'm sad this news story came from my state. I really hope they're not trying to make us a mockery like Florida... Next thing you know there are gonna be annoying ass reddit memes about North Carolina and I can never get through a conversation without someone talking about men who dress in drag and pretend to be women that can't enter the women's bathroom.

Also thanks for the description of what he was reading. I never read any Verne and now I'm going to add it to my backlog.

The North Carolinan bacons at midnight, fren. XDXD

warhlbagal or whatever redditors do. i don't know what they consider memes anymore. they still do the whole image with text on it for every mundane thing possible?

>the caucuses
fucking amerifats

kek

>you're in the news for reading a book at the Beyonce concert.'

A M E R I C A

Nah there are plenty of cute girls who are genuinely into punk/metal. There are definitely more guys but you'd be surprised. Few weeks ago I saw High on Fire and Abbath and I'd say it was around 70-30 or so. Most of the girls were cute normie looking girls or punk types.

"entertainment" news. I bet you could find similar examples in your countries paper. America has over 300,000,000 people, you could generalize it to make it seem anyway you want.

there could be worse than beyonce as far as pop music goes. her fans are insufferable though

>he feels compelled to defend his country over the dumbest shit

you sorry little rube

Oh, stop overreacting. This is just a dumb news story used to fill airtime with a cute old couple.

Wasn't an Amerifat the one reading the book? Where you from, senpai?