Other urls found in this thread:

ultan.org.uk/rosemary-wolfe-1931-2013/
youtube.com/watch?v=F9QeTmRCpW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>age 85
he'll be fine

>85
>still producing a relatively steady output of work
He does seem to be doing well, if nothing else his mind is more or less intact.

hopefully he lives long enough to respond to my emails about my BotNS theories

I doubt he speak croatian.

I speak English.
I also did send him a message once over fb and he didn't respond.

where did you find this

lol holy shit his facebook is just open there

He always seems so happy. I wish he was my granddad.

That photo and many others are from 2012 and before.

In 2013 his wife of many years passed away.

The smile never quite came back.

ultan.org.uk/rosemary-wolfe-1931-2013/

I'm sorry to tell you this, but senpai didn't notice you.

He wrote that book in the 80s

I'm sure he's well over fan theories by now, he dosent even consider BoTNS his best work.

What does he consider his best work?

Peace

>Gene Wolfe likes Rory Cooney
Excellent taste in religious music, Woof-senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=F9QeTmRCpW4

It's strange how few of us have read it.

She had Alzheimer's.
>"There was a time when she did not remember my name or that we were married, but she still remembered that she loved me"
Fuckit Veeky Forums I was not expecting this feel tonight

Every wolfag knows that feel man

>Peace
No, 'Peace' is his favorite book, not his 'best' book. Favorite != best; "Peace" is obviously partly autobiographical, which is why.

Me on the right

Was actually expecting Aram somewhere in it

>so old and still a shit author
Guess some people never learn

How do you learn to be a good author?

Is there an objective formula that you can sit down and start to write according to, knowing that if you put enough time and work in you're guaranteed to have good literature?

No

fuck

How do you write good literature, then, generally?

Gene says "You never learn how to write a novel. You just learn how to write the novel that you're writing.”

Destriers look a lot gayer than I had imagined.

Read 3 million words of good literature, have that subconsciously engrained into your mind.

Write 1 million words of mainly shitty prose while struggling to find your voice and style.

After this point you should be able to write a children's book, provided the illustrations are colorful enough to distract the 4 year old from your terrible plot.

>tfw I've been trying to write him a letter for almost a year now

First I got an address from someone on the official Facebook group, but that letter was returned to me. Then I emailed his literary agency and they said they would forward the letter to him, so I sent it to them. It's been eight months and I haven't heard a word from them or him.

Now, finally, I emailed the agency again, and they gave me a PO Box address. I sent the letter off about nine days ago. Here's hoping this one doesn't get returned to sender too.

That was actually my first of his books. It is super great.

Ask Marc over Facebook. He responds and is generally helpful, even if he doesn't like chit chat. Which makes sense because he isn't in college and is married and has problems and stuff.

You know sometimes I wonder if half of Veeky Forums is just one sophomoric undergrad...