"Night of your birth. Thirty-three. The Leonids they were called. God how the stars did fall. I looked for blackness...

>"Night of your birth. Thirty-three. The Leonids they were called. God how the stars did fall. I looked for blackness, holes in the heavens. The Dipper stove."

Why does he write like this? Is he trying to sound smart?

>"You got a fast car," Alaska blurted out all of a sudden. "I want a ticket to anywhere. Maybe we make a deal. Maybe together we can get somewhere. Any place is better, starting from zero got nothing to lose. Maybe we'll make something, me myself I got nothing to prove. I got a plan to get us out of here. I been working at the convenience store, managed to save just a little bit of money. Won't have to drive too far, just cross the border and into the city. You and I can both get jobs and finally see what it means to be living"

Today. Fourty-four. A hoe she is called. Fuck her. Do anal. Get shit on tip. Scream.
Now I'm smart.

>‘A shadow falls on the path,’ said Louis, ‘like an elbow bent.’
>‘Islands of light are swimming on the grass,’ said Rhoda. ‘They have fallen through the trees.’
>‘The birds’ eyes are bright in the tunnels between the leaves,’ said Neville.
>‘The stalks are covered with harsh, short hairs,’ said Jinny, ‘and drops of water have stuck to them.’
>‘A caterpillar is curled in a green ring,’ said Susan, ‘notched with blunt feet.’
>‘The grey-shelled snail draws across the path and flattens the blades behind him,’ said Rhoda.
>‘And burning lights from the window-panes flash in and out on the grasses,’ said Louis.
>‘Stones are cold to my feet,’ said Neville. ‘I feel each one, round or pointed, separately.’
>‘The back of my hand burns,’ said Jinny, ‘but the palm is clammy and damp with dew.’

Good song tbqh

Holy shit what a pretentious cocktard

LOL the popular Young Adult fiction writer John Green sucks for having written that.

The halting dialogue makes it sound to me like every character is struggling to force themselves to speak english.

Wow that's how John Green writes? It isn't even good I knew I was right to call him shit and for plebs all this time, what a pretentious faggot nobody worth a shit would ever write something like that or anything close to that.

>think this was pretty good, if he manages to write sentences like these, however unlikely, he might have potential to be a good writer and just panders to the YA audience
>it's big double C
Of course.

This was great

Can anyone recommend a John Green book that's not about cowboys and Indians?

The one about horses, and the one about melon fucking

no wonder, it's not john green lol
it's just an illustration of short sentences usage

Where is it from, all from the same woolf novel?

I concur, patrician friend. Let's go make yet another thread about the popular Young Adult fiction writer, John Green, and have more laughs about how much he, indeed, sucks big time.

>trying this hard

Ho ho! Good one, good sir!

Don't worry, I get it. I deserved it. As the old chestnut goes, "The lady doth protest too much, me thinks..."

Very funny meme, user. You must be one of the "cool" kids. Very funny meme, indeed.

This fragmented shit reminds me of poetry. It actually has a shot at being decent but that's just cause stars and shit gives me feels

>I need scissors, 61!

He likes poetry. Duh.

There are people in this thread who don't know that this comes from Blood Meridian.

>You exercise your right to "freedom" and this is the result. All rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt. The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems.

>Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large.

>The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right.

>Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being engulfed in "truth."

>And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Is MGS2 kino?

I sincerely laughed hard

Who the fuck speaks like that

You like Castlevania, don't you?

It's from The Waves.

Wow, I actually didn't know he wrote that good. What book?

Why am I laughing so hard at this

>“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

You cannot tell me that this man isn't talented as fuck.

Why is this funny to you guys. I don't get it

He's trying so hard to sound like a good writer that it just sounds awkward and unrealistic. It reminds me of rand, but at least she had a multilayered philosophy to keep things interesting.

>"The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates."

~John Green

“It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.”

>"He ate the last of the eggs and wiped the plate with the tortilla and ate the tortilla and drank the last of the coffee and wiped his mouth and looked up and thanked her."

>Irony is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake

- John Green

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

this fucking cant be real

>I read," I say. "I study and read. I bet I've read everything you read. Don't think I haven't. I consume libraries. I wear out spines and ROM-drives. I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it." My instincts concerning syntax and mechanics are better than your own, I can tell, with all due respect. But it transcends the mechanics. I'm not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you'd let me, talk and talk.
-John Green

Is this a McCarthy quote?

>“I looked and looked at her, and I knew, as clearly as I know that I will die, that I loved her more than anything I had ever seen or imagined on earth. She was only the dead-leaf echo of the awkward teen from long ago - but I loved her, this Alaska, pale and polluted and big with another man's child. She could fade and wither - I didn't care. I would still go mad with tenderness at the mere sight of her face.”

absolutely disgusting

I still don't know if I have ever read a line from one of green's books.

I honestly can't think of a more tryhard author. He literally can't write a single well structured sentence

Do people actually think these are John Green quotes?

you WOULD know, pleb

>"Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressinggown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him on the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned: Introibo ad altare Dei."

Jesus Christ, really?

>be me
>be reading The Fault in our Stars
>one of the characters is falsely accused of pedophilia by a tall bald man
>wow.jpg
John Green is a hack.

"...a stone, a leaf, an unfound door; a stone, a leaf, a door. And of all the forgotten faces.

Naked and alone we came into exile. In her dark womb we did not know our mother's face; from the prison of her flesh have we come into the unspeakable and incommunicable prison of this earth.

Which of us has known his brother? Which of us has looked into his father's heart? Which of us has not remained forever prison-pent? Which of us is not forever a stranger and alone?

O waste of lost, in the hot mazes, lost, among bright stars on this weary, unbright cinder, lost! Remembering speechlessly we seek the great forgotten language, the lost lane-end into heaven, a stone, a leaf, an unfound door. Where? When?

O lost, and by the wind grieved, ghost, come back again.”

>that hair
JUST

Your favourite cereal. Family sized box. Cheeriors they were called. God how the honey did gleam.

Queer

He must have been reading Blood Meridian on the side, kek

That's James Joyce, fag.

what level are you on

that's literally the last line of "An Abundance of Katherines"

kill yourself

>this thread

lord christ you are all plebs, this I knew, but still. I'd have thought one of you read a book before.

>"She turns. "Hold up my fur." He obeys. "Be careful. Don't touch my skin." Earlier in this game she was nervous, constipated, wondering if this was anything like male impotence. But thoughtful Pointsman, anticipating this, has been sending laxative pills with her meals. Now her intestines whine softly, and she feels shit begin to slide down and out. He kneels with his arms up holding the rich cape. A dark turd appears out the crevice, out of the absolute darkness between her white buttocks. He spreads his knees, awkwardly, until he can feel the leather of her boots. He leans forward to surround the hot turd with his lips, sucking on it tenderly, licking along its lower side… he is thinking, he's sorry, he can't help it, thinking of a Negro's penis, yes he knows it abrogates part of the conditions set, but it will not be denied, the image of a brute African who will make him behave… The stink of shit floods his nose, gathering him, surrounding. It is the smell of Passchendaele, of the Salient. Mixed with the mud, and the putrefaction of corpses, it was the sovereign smell of their first meeting, and her emblem. The turd slides into his mouth, down to his gullet. He gags, but bravely clamps his teeth shut. Bread that would only have floated in porcelain waters somewhere, unseen, untasted-risen now and baked in the bitter intestinal Oven to bread we know, bread that's light as domestic comfort, secret as death in bed… Spasms in his throat continue. The pain is terrible. With his tongue he mashes shit against the roof of his mouth and begins to chew, thickly now, the only sound in the room…"

Green has a fucked up take on teenage sex. Good lord almighty.

Beautiful.

Thank you, Johmas Pynchgreen.

>2036
>Noble Prize

What will be the motivation?

kek i almost flipped my shit at this one

turns out it was my 3rd favorite book

AND AND AND AND

>reminds me of rand, but at least she had a multilayered philosophy to keep things interesting.

Lol

>"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"
>"It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute."
>"Tribute!?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"
>"Perhaps the same could be said of all religions..."
>"Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!"
>"What is a man? (flings his wine glass aside) A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

Why does he write like this?

>"A cuckold is the husband of an adulterous wife." Alaska explained, spooning in another mouthful of cheerios. She began to chew and speak at the same time.
>"In evolutionary biology [CHEW], the term is also applied to males [CHEW] who are unwittingly investing parental [CHEW] effort in offspring that are not genetically their [CHEW] own [GULP]." With a wet slurp she dabbed at the milky dribble on her lips with a pair of day-old panties she had found near her feet, dusty from walking around barefoot in supermarkets.

>`You cannot pass,' he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. `I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.'

why does he write like this?

>When, long ago, the gods created Earth,
>In Jove’s fair image Man was shaped at birth.
>The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
>Yet were they too remote from humankind,
>To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
>Th’Olympian host conceived a clever plan.
>A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
>Filled it with vice, and called the thing a NIGGER.
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

It sounds exactly like greenext to me. Seems to me that John Green was either a robot from /rnk/ or a /b/tard.