Who else here has near panic attacks thinking about death?

Who else here has near panic attacks thinking about death?

No, I just worry my life wont ever really begin and ill be stuck as a lonely autist forever

Same desu

Read Heidegger, and keep those panic attacks coming. Accept reality, wrestle with the angel. When you recognize death as immanent your life experience will become more vivid and you will discover true honesty and humility.

human consciousness was a mistake

le me le too
heidegger was a retard

I was about to read Heidegger. I've seen him pop up every day now and I think the time is now.
Is Sein und Zeit a good one to start with? Or is it too heavy to go to that one immediately?

I agree. I think a lot of my life is spent avoiding consciousness.

Don't fear death. Human life as we know it is a unique perception of chaos hurtling through an unending timeline. When our universe reaches its inevitable heat death, nothing you do matters, so why not get weird with it? Make a cell phone app that calculates the mass of your penis based on the sound it makes when you slam it on a table, or go spearfishing in the arctic. Your experience is your own to forge

back to /r9k/

Relating to this thread, somewhat, but anyone else here who has this strange mystical feeling looking at de Chirico's work?
It seems like a familiar place... Hard to explain.

Seeing a painting of his makes me fear death less. For some reason.

i tend to worry more about having to endure another day of miserable existence and pray nightly that death will take my life where my own cowardly hand cannot

get it strongly with the OP pic, not this one

Just take some effexor and buy Dark Souls 3

JUST BE YOURSELF FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

Yeah the OP's pic always does it to me.

The painting is too nostalgic. It looks like a familiar old town where you grew up or something like that.

Human consciousness is suffering. Minimize suffering. Minimize human consciousness. Drug yourself dumb and then do it again.

Woah you should write a book about that :)

Fuck off pleb

It's a labyrinthine maze of definitions. It's not all too mystical

Feel fear when I look at this one. Always checking the shadows to see if I missed someone standing there. Looks dreamlike otherwise

>>>/mydiary/

/thread

This is literally, and I am not memeing, LITERALLY, THE most reddit thing I've ever read

Death is not something to be feared because it is in nature to die. One must realize they are only borrowing their body and it cannot be kept forever. We will all one day return to the soil and one day we will return from the soil in different forms.

this is an early stage of your awakening. you will eventually come to some form of spirituality, and you will likely develop your own religious attitude toward it. this spirituality will likely have nothing to do with an omniscient god (lolfreewill), and will have everything to do with your relationship with the world, and with yourself (lel same thing).

its quite simple if you look at it like this: life is a pilgrimage of the soul. to be is to become. if your relationship with the world involves possessing it, ie if to be is to have, you will of course be terrified of death, for all you ever attempt to do is tied to fulfilling your appetites. you need to accept death as a natural, intrinsic part of life. with this, then what are we here to do?

the essence of life seems to be that of a question. throughout the entire history of philosophy, there are only a few major questions(presocratics), and nearly every philosopher attempts to answer these questions in his own way, but the purpose is not to answer them, but to contemplate these questions: "We fill pre-existing forms and when we fill them we change them and are changed."

i suggest : the greeks, meditation, daily exercise, art, discipline, a bit of society, and a hearty amount of being-with-the-world.

>moderation
>courage
>wisdon

become acquainted with western philo and do a philosophical reading of the bible.

you are not (entirely) alone.

fuck scientism

If I had panic attacks thinking about death, I'd kill myself

>excruciating pain is not to be feared because it is in nature to feel excruciating pain

we w
la d

Some sort of mistake of nature or evolution, look how blissfully ignorant all the animals of the world are their unevolved brains hardly know emotional pain or fear of death. Aside from their hard wired instincts they know nothing.

Imagine another race of being on a distant galaxy having evolved further, their brains having developed lobes and cortices allowing them to grasp concepts ungraspable to humans. Woe be to them!

Sisyphus is all about embracing the uselessness of daily work, not going against the grain.

Bro, go get your T/estro checked

for real

The fear of not existing has been nagging at me horrifically lately, as a friend of mine recently passed and I keep wondering where he went.

His alternate Facebook name was Lord Lucifer, so I worry sometimes.

near panic attacks thinking about life*

No, but worrying about being oppressed by the state or other people does scare me.

It's already started, this is it, this is your life.

don't listen to people talking shit about consciousness

the only way i have been capable of living this long is by having a detached little voice inside my voice that airs thoughts and bullshit. you can react to the voice with scrutiny or you can let it guide you like a lamp - it is the greatest gift.

Only every day since february