Have you noticed Veeky Forums style pretentious struggling on other boards...

Have you noticed Veeky Forums style pretentious struggling on other boards? In other areas art is judged solely for its entertainment value, not some nebulous made up pretentious "literary" (or its equivalent for other artforms) value.

You've obviously never been in a NGE thread newfriend.

>in other areas art is judged soley for its entertainment value

What, retard?

There is no "right" way to judge art, dummy; it all depends on individual tastes, so stop fucking bitching.

top kek, that's not what the academia-publishing-media industrial complex and its pseudo intellectual hangers on (Veeky Forums) tell us.

I masturbated with pictures of Michelle Pfeiffer dressed like catwoman thanks to that thread in /tv/ the other day. It seems that it will happen again

Ok? Anybody who isn't mentally disabled disagrees.

As soon as you confront Veeky Forums with a topic like this then they'll clam up and sya nnothing. The moment you turn your back they make topoics like the above

See this:

>Lit is clamming up by not fawning over the 98762634767289th "Is GoT good books guys????" thread

labelling wanting the stuff you consume to have some kind of idea or message as "pretentious" kind of show how much you need to pic related.

>topic like this
>clan up and say nothing
World building is shit and for Redditors. Noone on Veeky Forums cares about your stupid books. There's nothing interesting in world building.

>In other areas art is judged solely for its entertainment value
Are you still talking about image boards?

thread

I won't talk about /tv/ because I never visited it, but /mu/ has a large number of scaruffists judging art by its originality.
Also, /ic/ and /p/ don't treat art as mere entertainment either.
Also, "literary value" is actually entertainment for people who like to think about the books they read and enjoy every sentence.

Worldbuilding is interesting in and of itself, but only for the person doing it. Prose in combination with worldbuilding is interesting too, as a form of escapism.

However, I agree that Redditors grossly overemphasise it. They also suck at it, ironically.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

I post a lot in kίνηση threads on /tv/ and /classical/, but none of those are really about entertainment in any way.

you're right, George "The more she drank the more she shat" Martin is truly the Milton of our time

When I make topics like this lit says it's subjective. In other topics they says objective

fpbp.

What the fuck is "Veeky Forums style pretentious"

This struggle happens on /tv/ as much as Veeky Forums, but it's easy to miss because most of the board is okay with talking about tv shows and superhero movies, and there's also a lot more shitposting.

Has it ever occurred to you that Veeky Forums isn't one person?

Believing that not all works are of equal quality.