Psychedelic literature

Does it exist?

I dont mean literature about psychedelics, but rather writing driven by the psychedelic experience, literature that is itself psychedelic.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bEbESEVT
youtube.com/watch?v=2JIj0Bqbdhk
pastebin.com/migrUWyq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes, it's called image fiction and it's mostly garbage.

DUDE ACID LMAO XD

Naked Lunch gave me those feels.

I used to have an old edition that included all the grammar mistakes during particularly psychedelic passages which was cool, but i lost it. New editions corrected the grammar.

From my personal experience:

HST - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Burroughs - Naked Lunch, Cut up Trilogy

RAW - Illuminatus Trilogy

Spinoza - Ethics*

Deleuze and Guattari - Thousand Plateaus*

Blake Butler - Scorch Atlas, Three Hundred Millions

Reza Negarestani - Cyclonopedia

Manganelli - Hilarotragoedia*

*Depending on your notion of psychedelics

Mandatory

You probably don't want some pleb piece of writing, but I wrote this after having an NDE while hallucinating. It's basically the main character narrating a memory (to himself: he's just died)which turns into a 'scene' of him sitting with his subconscious (the doctor) and then becoming his subconscious based on the influence of his ego (the ^phrases^) and begins living again in an altered memory. It's based off a psychedelic/dream experience and their relation to tesseracts, in my opinion.

It's not a great piece by any means--I wrote it when I first started writing again-- but it's fun to analyze the dream logic if you really want to. Again, Im sure you're looking for renowned and adept writing, so you don't even have to read if you don't want. I gave it a day until expiration.

pastebin.com/bEbESEVT

Finnegan's Wake
And no, I haven't read it. I'm just telling you what Terrence McKenna said.
And no, I'm not a McKenna fan boy.
And no, I haven't taken psychedelics.
And no, I don't know what I'm talking about.
And no, I will not kill myself.
And no, I will not stop jacking off to hentai
And no, I will not stop creating dank memes
And no, I will not boink my bangbang with my boo
And no, I WILL NOT READ FINNEGANS WAKE

But yeah, Finnegans Wake. And trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

who the hell writes like that

Thread hijack:

Has anyone read The Rose of Paracelsus? Supposedly it's written by Pickard, who, if you know anything about psychedelics, was a major acid distributor back in the day. I'm intrigued mostly cause I am a fan of alchemy and Paracelsus is one of the greats. I've read the amazon reviews but those can be biased. Anyone here experienced?

Anything by Robert Anton Wilson.

>tfw took acid and became horribly sick for a week after and thought I was going to lose my mind

fun times

NYAI NYAI NYAI NYAI I HAS AUTISTAM OHHH NOOO IM A BAD BAD BOYY AND THE Veeky Forums DONT LIKE ME NO MO :(

Also The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe

I don't think that was acid user.

Did it with a friend and he felt fine. I made the mistake of drinking the next night which is when it got bad.

it happens, i did acid a few times and ended up schizophrenic -- acid is a normie drug for if you have normie problems that just need a "shift of perspective"

I don't think I have the right disposition to enjoy it properly, I've done it twice now and there's always too much anxiety of losing my mind when I'm on it despite the really great moments it provides.
Hope you're doing well, user.

define "psychedelic" in this context. As in "producing hallucinations", or "creating a change in perceptual frame" or what?

"The musicality of it," somebody would say, and I'd say, "Oh God, yes, it's like Beethoven."

The communist manifesto.

the teachings of don juan

I could see many of the beta cucks around here learning a lot from it

In watermelon sugar by Richard brautigan

Alduous Huxley, Borges, half of PhilipK. Dick's books

>dude its impossible to have a bad trip on acid LMAO

Sounds like you got some shitty chinese knock off chemicals user.

You gotta watch out for that these days.

Ever since they got those missile silo guys, it's all counterfit chemicals that will fuck you up

Who the hell writer like that

>disgust.jpg

If the experience lasted for several days, it was not acid. All the LSD is metabolized by ~12hrs.

Illuminatus! and other RAW
Godel Escher Bach
John C Lily
Finnegans Wake and Ulysses
Dale Pendell Pharmakon trilogy
Sartor Resartus

You can enter into a psychotic state from taking even pure acid which can make the experience seem longer than it is.

mate, I've had full blown psychosis from LSD, was hospitalized, released, and made it back to consensus reality within 12 hours.

Any effects you're getting after everything's been metabolized are stemming from your own preexisting mental conditions, not the LSD.

Psychotic episodes can often contain florid hallucinations, feelings of bliss and manic bursts of energy which are virtually indistinguishable from the effects of taking a psychedelic and may contribute to the appearance of the trip lasting longer than 12 hours. Moreover, no research chemical lasts an entire week either so by your logic it wasn't a research chemical either.

Never said it was a research chemical, imbecile. Dude had something up with his brain before he ever dosed.

This piece shows promise. Work on the rhythm of your writing. Move past cliches. Don't use so many adverbs.

Or disregard everything and do what you're gonna do anyway :-)

Thank you. I've been meaning to do a major edit on this soon, but I'm still caught up in my poetic bought and a novella I've been meaning to write for years. I appreciate the read, and the advice.

Finnegans Wake, read aloud

youtube.com/watch?v=2JIj0Bqbdhk

Yes. It's called "Psychonaut Literature".
- Philip K. Dick

hnmdurrr Aldous Huxley

this, 1000%

psilocybe cubensis>LSD

Seconded. Shit's crazy. As in, like, literally insane. All the while I was, mang, this is gotta be some allegory for something really deep but...what is it? Still don't know. Far out, man.

psilocybe semilanceata > cubensis

>acid is a normie drug
how?
what's considered a non-normie dug?

Mescaline>Psilocybin>DOM>LSD>2C-X

Inherent Vice?

Rudy Wurlitzer is /the/ psychedelic novelist. I haven't read his stuff yet, but I plan on buying "Nog" soon. He also did the screenplays of "Two-Lane Blacktop" and "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid"

4-aco-DMT>mescaline>psilocybin>lsd>mdma>2C-x>DOx

datura, pcp, krokodil, jenkem

Calvino's s.story "All at One Point" is probably the trippiest thing i've ever read (haven't finished whole 'cosmicomics' tho), amazing stuff. Also Borges' "Aleph" made me think a lot about the time I dropped acid as well as Denis Johnson's 'Car Crash While Hitchhiking".

list done by a certified user

though i consider 2c-b and 2c-e better than acid.

they are inferior purely for their shorter history of human usage

Can taking large amounts of acid/ego death be beneficial to becoming confident and ubermensch?

No, you're not there if you need to take large amounts of acid to feel superior. Also, it'd probably make you (more) anxious.

You'll probably realize the lame adolescent vanity defining your motivation to drop acid, and in that way, counterintuitively, become a better man.

Glad to see someone else has read it. Trying to turn my friends onto brautigan rn with trout fishing in america, which isn't really psychedelic but just bizarre

Oh shit, I love Two Lane Blacktop, will check out Wurtlitzer's other stuff.

Check out Tim Kinsella's novel Let Go and Go On and On, about a third of it is about Laurie Bird and her character in Two Lane Blacktop. Only mildly psychedelic tho.

The Masks of Grave Expression

>written by Damien Atman

Hoooo boy, that's the lamest pseudonym I've heard in ages. Also, you are clearly him.

I'm not. An user posted the pdf on this board a year ago and I read all of it in one sitting.

Care to post it then? I'll a tiny bit curious.

The Book of the New Sun

Would if I could.
But it's on my old desktop, peace be unto it. I loved that thing.

book VII of paradise lost

The Art of Seeing by Aldous Huxley

Phillip K Dick is the guy

The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch is what you're looking for

that faggot is drunk or high and thinks he's being clever

To some degree.

Acid can help break down your preconceptions and assumption and allow you to reason for yourself.

As far as ego death goes...

Ego death isnt what you think it is.

Imagine the experience of feeling the "you" die, so that you know that your body is continuing to function and act and live, but the you that is you is being torn away.

It's not merely losing control of yourself, it's that your "you" is being killed and you dont know if you will come back or if you will be gone for good.

It's absolutely horrifying and the most scary thing I have ever experienced.

But it's very helpful for understandon what the "me" is in my mind. I always thought the ego superego id was bullshit until the me died and came back and then I realized what he was describing.

Anyways, you dont want a weak or dead ego. Self interest is the greatest motivator, and according to "might is right" its the greatest virtue.

Burroughs is a disgusting hack, Illuminatus! literally reads like Pynchon fan fiction.
Tom Wolfe's writing exceedingly fucking dull. He can really suck the energy out of the most vibrant scenario.

This thread is shit. OP read:

>Borges
>Calvino
>Barthelm
>Kafka
>George Saunders
>Cortázar
>Pynchon

nICE

The Cantos is great, and very psychedelic IMO

Existentialism is not psychadelic.
Absurdism is not psychadelic.
None of those writers in the latter half of this thread were inspired by psychedelics.
If you can't differentiate between psychedelic and absurdism/existentialism, then you've just intellectually undeveloped.
>Dare coming to Veeky Forums and being wrong

Don't talk about Finnegan's Wake if you haven't read it, fuckboy. I'm reading it now and it's way better and different than any review prepared me for

>mfw James Joyce is alive and well and in this thread.

>Borges
What are you talking about?

I'm about halfway through Ulysses and at times I would definitely describe it as psychedelic, and from what I understand I'm not even at the most crazy parts of the book.

tandyboy

Do you have any family members who are schizophrenic?

What?

Tossing in another recommendation for Illuminatus!. It's really dated and you can tell the authors are buying into their own conspiracy a little too much, but it has a clever narrative style that gives it a very weird flow.

Several people have brought up The Doors To Perception, and cut that shit out. It's a great book, but it's definitely a book that's about psychedelics rather than being a psychedelic experience itself. It's a wonderful read, but it's not the right thing for this thread.

Extra recommendation: Satan Burger. It's not a great book, but I think it fits, and it's a fast afternoon read.

Is that a female ass?

House of Leaves

I've taken acid before, but it was more fun than enlightening. Is it just down to mindset?

>Dale Pendell Pharmakon trilogy
I've never seen anyone besides myself shill this series here.
Nice

do it alone in the woods at night.

preferrably do mushrooms.

some real dank recommendations ITT

thanks, lads

Only thing I can think of that hasn't been suggested yet

>tesseracts
oh shit user, my lsd halucinations all involved tesseracts
post your link again pls its dead

Brion Gysing - The Process

Acid is the fun sunshine psychedelic.

Dmt is the surpassingly beautiful psychedelic.

Shrooms are the scary introspective psychedelic.

I love this thread.

acid is all sci-fi crazy time transdimensional insanity

shrooms are earthy but also outer-spacey. They feel alive

dmt is the root back to the center of everything

Yes I agree, yet one can say the exact opposite for every one of those "drugs" and it won't change the validity of the statement

>pssst.... hey kiddo.... there's DRUGS and SEX in this book
>"My good friend Billy Burroughs was the the civil rights march with me"
>"AND THEN JAMES JOYCE SHOWED UP LOL"
>clever narrative style

Kill yourself

Maybe take something psychedelic before posting

Everything that isn't The Navidson Report isnfucking trash

Kill yourselves

>
>acid is all sci-fi crazy time transdimensional insanity
>
>shrooms are earthy but also outer-spacey. They feel alive
>
>dmt is the root back to the center of everything

Acid is all day-to-day, really brings you to sanity.

Shrooms are from outer-space, but ground you in that natural feel.

DMT is the most far-out definitely out there.

Here you go. Still unedited from last time I posted.
pastebin.com/migrUWyq

I'm the user who asked why you mentioned Borges & I've taken LSD 27 times. You, however, seem like you've taken it one time too many.

Trapped in the eternal return. Help.

DMT is ancient
Psilocybin is modern
Acid is postmodern

>exactly 27 times

lol. Do you not find Borges to be "trippy"?