Bombay Bicycle Club
Dr. Dog
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Father John Misty
Fleet Foxes
NMH
Sufjan
Youth Lagoon

Then again I'm probably just projecting my pleb taste in music and assuming it sounds like the kind of chill shit that would be played out of an author's window as he leans over his balcony and looks out to the city at night

Death Grips, tbqfah familampai.

The animals laugh from the dark of the wilderness. A baby cries hard in an apartment complex,as I pass in a car buried under the influence.
The city's driving me out of my mind.
I've seen a child is caught in the sad trap of gravity.He falls from the lowest branch of the apple tree and lands in the grass and weeps for his dignity. Next time he will not aim so high. Yeah, next time, neither will I.
Now a mother takes loans out, sends her kids off to colleges. Her family's reduced to names on a shopping list.
While, a coroner kneels beneath a great, wooden crucifix. He knows there's worse things than being alone.
And so I've learned to retreat at the first sign of danger. I mean, why wait around, if it's just to surrender?
An ambition, I've found, can lead only to failure. I do not read the reviews.
No, I am not singing for you. Well I stood dropping a coin into the pit of a well. I would throw my whole billfold if I thought it would help. With all these wishes I make, I should buy something real, at least a telephone call home.My teachers, they built this retaining wall of memory, all those multiple choices I answered so quickly. And got my grades back and forgot just as easily, but as least I got an A. And so I don't have them to blame. I should stop pointing fingers;
reserve my judgment of all those public action figures, the cowboy presidents. So loud behind the bullhorn, so proud they can't admit
when they've made a mistake. While poison ink spews from a speechwriter's pen, he knows he don't have to say it, so it, it don't bother him. "Honesty", "Accuracy" is just "Popular Opinion." And the approval rating's high, and so someone's gonna die. Well ABC, NBC, CBS: Bullshit. They give us fact or fiction? I guess an even split. And each new act of war is tonight's entertainment. We're still the pawns in their game.
As they take eye for an eye until no one can see, we must stumble blindly forward, repeating history. Well, I guess we all fit into your slogan
on the fast food marquee: Red blooded, White skinned oh and the Blues.
Oh and the Blues, I got the Blues! That's me! That's me!

Well, I awoke in relief.
My sheets and tubes were all tangled weak from whiskey and pills,
in a Chicago hospital.
And my father was there, in a chair, by the window, staring so far away.
I tried talking, just whispered, "...so sorry...so selfish..."
He stopped me and said, "Child I love you regardless and there's nothing you could do that would ever change this.
I'm not angry. It happens. But you just can't do it again."
So now I try to keep up, I've been exchanging my currency.
While a million objects pass through my periphery.
Now I'm rubbing my eyes 'cause they're starting to bother me.
I've been staring too long at the screen.
But where was it when I first heard a sweet sound of humility?
It came to my ears in the goddamn loveliest melody. How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery;
to love and to be loved.
Let's just hope that is enough.

"Lets Not Shit Ourselves, To Love and Be Loved" by Bright Eyes.

who you think you are fucks like do you know who I am fucks fail to understand I'm like eh two letter text translation next skip that rerun like ya see one seen 'em all get eh have you the slightest I.D. why you're so trifling second I see you coming I'm teeth sucking like eh my voice eh see my reflection eh invited excited eh eh who you think you are fucks like do you know who I am fucks fail to understand I'm like eh I must confess I'm like eh no one's ever seen me feel shit but eh lil' bits of gleaming like piss christ cover me like skintight why my rep is like why they might be right I'm kinda sketch I might shoot a glance at the desperate like then I forget shit like Death Grips like eh I wave them off I wave them in gotta flake I fuck 'em off 'cause I ain't them I'm like eh who you think you are fucks like do you know who I am fucks fail to understand I'm like eh my approach like I'm ghost like I'm out of focus 'cause I'm coated with the most stripes late movement on my trajectory anomalous like entropy make all things perforated they apply iodine to trace this I'm like eh posse up steadily feel your void split I'm like eh who you think you are fucks like do you know who I am fucks fail to understand I'm like eh who put your obese flex on ice whose effortless corrupts your dice who does you just like I told you tell me what's it like don't be a don't be a 'bout mummified worm in the sun when shit's up to me 'cause I figure I'll watch you urn I'm not concerned I'm on leisure like eh I'm just on leisure why fuss don't be a medical procedure just stamp my fucking visa I'm way too loose like catch me hanging from my noose like eh how I vandalize full moon like you're so serious ease off I don't feed animals you seem lost I'm offended like but in the end I'm like eh

I want to leave.

Go back to your containment board, pleb scum

No wonder this board is so fucking bad now

Go back to cumming in your busted copy of Meditations

Veeky Forums is a classical board. PERIOD.

If you like anything else take it to some hipster board where you can wank over a band with 42 views on youtube

In terms of lyrics, only Veeky Forums band I can recall is Shearwater. I really like their description of Jerusalem, although it's a bit fedorish:

Some dirty old town that a killing made holy.

Modern vampires totally changed my perception of vampire weekend. Really cool album

Fuck off, no-one cares

Real Veeky Forums
>The Velvet Underground
>The Decemberists
>Joanna Newsom
>Sufjan Stevens
>The Mountain Goats

Fake Veeky Forums
>Fleet Foxes
>Beirut
>Camera Obscura
>Belle and Sebastian
>Sun Kil Moon

The second group aren't untalented, just pseuds. Father John Misty, Bob Dylan, and Radiohead are somewhere in the middle.

>fleet foxes
>pseuds
Explain yourself

Conor Oberst is a great lyricist, but I can't fucking stand his singing voice.

father john misty is literally rebbit: the musician you dumb fuck

Listing a few foreign cities and using the occasional makeshift instrument doesn't make you literate

>and I could be a famous singer
>if I had someone else's voice
>but failures always sounded better...
He agrees with you

Confirmed for never listening to Helplessness Blues
I legitimately don't understand this criticism, none of their songwriting depends on name-dropping cities

GO BACK TO YOUR OWN UNDERAGE FAGGOT CANCER BOARD YOU CUNTS

I don't really have any proof to back this up but Stars of the Lid and Real Estate seem like pretty literate bands. Maybe not astoundingly so but they know their ways around bookstores.

>i like this one indieband that no one has ever heard of before. /mu/ reced me them

this is how you hipster millenials actually sound.

Anyone here like God is an Astronaut?