New here...

New here. This board seems like it's filled with pretentious pseudo-intellectuals who only read "the Greeks" and/or generally stay away from fiction. I have questions.
Age, gender, major if applicable, and explanation for why everyone here is awful.

And country. What country/state/province are you from.

>ho only read "the Greeks" and/or generally stay away from fiction

but greeks it is fiction

I'm not telling you personal information, but I will tell you the only Greek I've read is Plato (Trial of Socrates), and that was for class

>current year
>go to Veeky Forums
>start thread to find out everbody's asl

have you looked into reddit?

That's why I said "and/or" so people that only read Greek fiction or people who ignore fiction entirely remain applicable.

I'm simply curious as to why this board sucks so hard or perhaps find a reason to linger longer.

you don't want to be here.
we don't want you here.

you said and/or, not simply or

therefore you assume that some of people who read greeks also stay away of fiction disregard that stuff like iliad, odissey, greek plays etc is fiction

I simply meant people who only read the Greeks and nothing else fictional.

Since nobody is disclosing location information, I'm going to use context clues and say at least some of you aren't native English speakers.

>perhaps find a reason to linger longer
I hope you don't

so, you reluctantly admit that you are shit at formulating your own thoughts precisely and try to insult back to keep face at least a bit

I've fully explained to you what that sentence means twice now.

>admits that you are new on Veeky Forums
what are you, fucking new here? Get the fuck out, lurk more, then you'll get what people want.
It's liking saying you're a girl.
No one gives a fuck. We're not here for you.

Russian lit fag reporting. I've read the Greeks, Aristophanes is the best of em, but my favorite books are all from the greats of the 1800s in Russia, which means they're mostly fiction.
You're wrong.

not him but I'd like to try and get better at explaining myself and formulating my thoughts as you said. does it come with being a better writer or just general intelligence? I'm a pretty dumb person.

Well I wouldn't ask him.

ITT: faggots with too much free time being absolutely worthless as usual. Go read a book, user. Retarded monkeys will find other kinds of mediocre stuff to do with their time, like raping their family, or using mental gymnastics to convince themselves their life isn't an unnecessary series of events that should never had happened.

we used to ironically be pretentious pseuds but like what usually happens when a Veeky Forums board increases in posters, the lines began to blur and the new posters took the start with the greeks meme seriously.

>is new
>insults entire board and flagship meme
>blabbers about muh fiction the same sentence as mentioning the greeks
>thinks he can archtype us via age gender (which is same for all of Veeky Forums) and major, yet calls us psuedo-intellects
>uses fucking spoilers

Where are you from so I may never go there in my life

OP here. I mostly go to /h/

Wait a second. You mean to tell me that Infinite Jest, Stoner, Death of a Salesmen and other stuff frequently mentioned/discussed is non-fiction?

Even the books posted in the general science *fiction* thread that seems to keep popping up?

Wuuuuuuut no way!

>why don't you read game of thrones xD

fuck off reddit

The only Greek I've read is Aristophanes.

A Song of Ice and Fire used to be pretty popular on Veeky Forums until everyone conveniently forgot about it when Reddit picked up on it.

no it wasn't, get off my highbrow meme board and go back to /tv/

hell yeah

Is there a legitimate reason not to read something like that?

>25
>M
>B.S. Math, 2012
>California
>Everyone here is awful because it's Veeky Forums, which means you try to impress all these people you don't know with how much more of a prick you can be on the internet than they can.

>I mostly go to /h/
Please shoot yourself OP

no one here reads only the greeks

>New here
>This board seems like it's filled with pretentious pseudo-intellectuals
>I have questions
>le dog meme.jpg
>I mostly go to /h/

Top quality shitposting.

A lot here just meme. If you even dare mention reading a book that's not throughly analyzed and made dreadfully boring because of college then you are ask to go to reddit. If you read said books that are usually throughly analyzed and made dreadfully boring by school for fun then you're a retard that dictates what he reads by what Veeky Forums says.

Just find a random thread here and there and discuss books in private with a couple anons, best you're gonna get out of this place. Stay away from any threads about DFW, Pynchon, Melville, Joyce, THE GREEKS.

Sounds like you got assblasted, bitch boy.

Thanks user.

how do you "go" to /h/ teebeeaych. do you sit there and browse and post instead of jerking off? lmao

At the sticky

20, M, Materials Engineering, my explanation for why everyone here is awful: they aren't. I'm a relatively smart guy, and I've come here many times to learn things that I'm interested in. I do materials engineering to pay the bills, but enjoy the humanities, philosophy, art, music, etc. and I often come here to understand things that I'm interested in understanding. I've gone to Veeky Forums on occasion, and the crucial difference between us and them is that many of the people who frequent Veeky Forums are litera spergs who can't understand anything beyond their own mind. In short - we are far better than any other board, and if you disagree, I want to have a genuine explanation to why you believe that. The board has degraded a bit in recent months, but it's still better than any other.

I'm an older married woman with a graduate degree in English. I read about equal parts fiction and non-fiction.

I still come here for low key book talk that doesn't require effort. If I want actual conversation I go to colleagues. I used to try, OP. But Veeky Forums's always been awful. At least it's not anywhere near as filled with tripfags now.

>I mostly go to /h/

>At least it's not anywhere near as filled with tripfags now

it was more fun a year ago and it was fast enough to actually wear a trip -_-
what did you do with my lit

Also, take my words about the quality of this board with caution because I'm a novice in all of those areas I described as my "interests"- I'm not an English or Philosophy major, so I'm not someone who comes here for discussion at a post-graduate level.

I wasn't talking about a year ago. I was talking about five years ago. It's never been as bad as it was then.

Tits or gtfo