I'm looking for a book that faces the philosophical challenges of life...

I'm looking for a book that faces the philosophical challenges of life, and digs deeper into them than I could hope with my mere intellectual ability. I want a book that faces the complete pointlessness of life, the mystery and search for knowledge, the disappointment of accepting what we don't know, the struggle to overcome the meaninglessness and pointlessness of existence. Do all great thinkers decide that they want to kill themselves because they realize that life isn't worth living? I want a book that tackles these questions.

Fiction or non-fiction? Try reading "Break-Out from the Crystal Palace: The Anarcho-Psychological Critique; Stirner, Nietzsche, Dostoevsky" (its on library genesis) for a meta overview of the problem.

ASKJAJSKJAKSJKASKAJSAJKJASKSAJ

For this you will need to learn German

una vela............................................

German philosophers.
Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, etc etc etc

????

tl;dr Hermann Hesse -Demian

>"Before our universe was born, the only thing that existed was the basic unity*, a being in a state that can only be described by negations: It was not bound to time or space or matter. It existed in a transcendental world that has nothing to with the laws of physics or anything else that we know from our world. All we can say about the basic unity, is that is has been and is no longer, it vanished with the birth of our universe, which is the only miracle that ever happened. Everything that happened after that miracle, the very second the universe was born, is our world where our laws of physics make sense. After defining the basic unity as a being that is absolutely different from us and is furthermore the cause of the birth of our entire universe, we can now give that being the name it deserves: God. But we can not try to describe this God any further, because that would mean leaving our reality, projecting logics that only make sense in our world, into another world. The only thing we know is that the basic unity must have been killing itself, because it was the only thing existing before the universe and therefore it couldn't have been killed by anything else, because there wasn't anything that could have killed it. Therefore the universe, as we know it, was born through the suicide of God. God decided that he can't bear his existence anymore and that he wishes to turn into Nothingness. But he was not able to reach that goal without thereby creating our world, because the path from his over-being** to Nothingness required a transition, which is being as we know it, our universe. This entire world is therefore nothing more than God's "body", that is in all its components rotting into nothingness now."

Hannah Arendt's Life of the Mind

why would I read a critique of those books when I could just read the authors myself? Are they the type of authors that you have to read background information on before you get into? I have tried reading notes from underground before, it was very difficult. I find that I am a stronger reader every time I put down a book and come back to it. I can feel my interest rising again, so I think that I will go and try to read notes from underground or nietzsche again.

Siddhartha
Ulysses (its very life affirming in the face of all this shit Bloom goes through)

Romantic poets
Tolstoy - anna karenina, Ivan Ilyich
Dost - notes, etc.

>philosophy
>women
Gotta choose one. No shit. No combinations between both.

i think some women could raise above their vapid and animal nature and became almost like men

Beckers Denial of Death might fit the bill

I want to suck that guy's dick

I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I second this.

>that which was before no longer is, because of the existence of something else(the universe)
What a stupid assumption.

>guy