I'm currently slugging it through the Iliad and it's pretty shit so far...

I'm currently slugging it through the Iliad and it's pretty shit so far. I'm on book XIV and it's difficult to keep up with all the names. The action seems to be for actions sake and I'm getting tired of it. I am enjoying the parts with the gods fucking around doing shit but that hasn't happened in a while.

I'm just trying to 'start with the greeks' and be a good boy. I'm a pleb who knows no better. Is reading The Iliad all the way through as important as the Veeky Forums Veeky Forums guides say? Should I slug it through to reap the benefit later on or pass on over to the Odyssey?

I'm not sure if it's the best idea to read The Iliad when you're a pleb, you might want to look into things that are easier to read so you can get started, then graduate on to more difficult works.

>ywn be the coolest kid in her trailer park and knock her up at 15
Why even live?

It can't hurt. If you're going to quit reading because the Illiad was too tough you might as well quit already.
Grinding through it isn't a feat of patricianhood either. I suggest reading it lightly on the first go and then coming back to it later with/for other books.
It helps to be surrounded by greek culture when reading about it: read some theater or other texts.

Hey I think I know this cumdumpster

Olivia Walters?

I'm not an absolute pleb in regards to literature. It's just I've only dabbled at random points and never received a decent formal education.

The hardest thing I've read so far is Paradise Lost (My favorite shit desu, I listen to the BBC radio version so much m8). Which I can see now is heavily influenced by the Iliad. The Iliad to me doesn't seem hard, it just hard to keep my interest and my mind is always wandering because of all the greek names that I need to know which always slip my mind.

>It can't hurt.

You don't think so? The Iliad is such a wonderful work that it would be a real shame if someone went away from it with a bad taste because they had difficulty reading poetry or for some other easily amended reason like that. They might not re-visit it again in the future, or their view of it might color the next reading, don't you think?

>The hardest thing I've read so far is Paradise Lost (My favorite shit desu, I listen to the BBC radio version so much m8). Which I can see now is heavily influenced by the Iliad. The Iliad to me doesn't seem hard, it just hard to keep my interest and my mind is always wandering because of all the greek names that I need to know which always slip my mind.

Oh, I see. I don't think you need to keep in mind too many names. It might even be prudent to keep a list of the major ones, i.e. Hector, Aeneas, Priam, Helen, the Ajaxes, Diomedes, Odysseus, Achilles, Agamemnon, Menelaos, Nestor and a brief description of who they are and what side they're on.

The story is probably much deeper than you're giving it credit for, though. There's definitely a lot there and more to be learned through subsequent readings.

I don't know man. If you're the type of guy who reads classics for enjoyment you're sure to recognise the Illiad's value even though it is as dry as a piece of bark. To be honest I think it depends on the book.

I don't know m8, I save pictures like these to get replies for my shit threads.

what kind of third world tier appartment has cement bathtubs and why would you shoot your big tit jap photos there

nah bro I mean I've seen those puppies unleashed live in HD

Depends more on the person than the book, IMO. I didn't find the Iliad dry in the slightest, but I've seen plenty of people on here saying that it's exactly that.

I would just rather have someone who's read hundreds of pages of a classic (especially one so classic as the Iliad) to re-visit it in the future rather than force themselves to go through it if they're not enjoying it. The only real exception to this is probably the Bible though.

Read Simone Weil's essay on it

Looks unfinished to me, maybe the theme of the shoot?

Skip the catalog of ships. If you have a fairly recent translation reading should go by pretty quickly since it's a poem and has meter. I read this in a Classics class and it was one of my favorite memories of college. Later in the book when things turn into a meat grinder you'll realize you're enjoying a shared experience that was written 2k years ago. It's hardcore.

upboat if u also click'd this thread b/c/ of the tits

I really can't see myself reading either the Iliad or Odyssey any time soon so I picked up this from a book archive store in the city instead. It's actually incredibly interesting and touches on parts of the Iliad so that I'm able to understand what it is about without that much effort.

I like to look at big tits

Picking up another book might be better, OP. The Iliad is rich with stories that are heavily referenced in other works and it remains as itself a great book. If you are unable to derive enjoyment from it, I would suggest more contemporary works. As seeing how you have titled the post "pleb," I will assume you have yet to finish the Veeky Forums starter kit. Once you're done with that or feel compelled to read the Iliad again for enjoyment, it would not hurt to purchase a copy of Bulfinch's mythology as a companion. The quality editions of Bulfinch are distinct for their brevity of passages and readability. For some reason, I've seen editions that where exuberantly voluminous without any significant utility (barring those whom may use it for academia).

The Iliad remains as one of my favorite stories of all time, since it demanded pacing and some notation to fully pass through. Try not to remember everyone and who's who in the first reading. It only throws out so many names because the original audience was aquatinted with the heros throughout their lives. Last, Diomed remains as my favorite Homeric warrior. When you to the point of him with the flaming shield, he steals the show with Hector.

what are some books about Big Breasts?

It's possible that you are reading the wrong translation for you. The Iliad was translated into both verse and prose, in Elizabethan, heroic couplets, blank verse, transliteratitive, conversational/demotic and formal. There is a lot of variation.

Aside from this, I really believe that the Odyssey is the better book. Odysseus is a much more interesting character than Achilles, and the setting has a lot more breadth.

Think about how totally different her life would be if not for those