She's right you know

She's right you know

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0XUzaaTHU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol nigga I don't give a fuck now suck on this dick

This thread doesn't seem to be fishing for anything at all.

e-reader master race
enjoy your tree corpses luddites

enjoy your product of chinese labor you sly weasel

Did you tap or click send?

I don't know of any person who doesn't use both. Who is she even complaining about? Even relatively luddite professors still use PDFs for course readings occasionally.

Tree corpse master race

Audiobooks dont count.

Dont insinuate you've read anything when you literally havent..

Wait, there is actually physical book elitism? In the case of audiobooks I could see the point presented as an active/passive dichotomy. I don't buy many books so I don't encounter this.

This is what happens to snooty e-bookers.

1:20:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0XUzaaTHU

"she"

^ Cis-book oppressor shitlord detected.

>She's right you know
>She's right
>She

What does she know about aesthetics ? Men collect beautiful books/ special editions/ hardcovers, etc. Women collect shoes.

Also. I use both.

Jesus why is she creating issues out of thin air

holy hell this is absurd

and what the fuck is this about video games? how totally arbitrary.

If it was about anti-genre elitism she'd actually have a point. More people make that part of their identity than reading paper over e-ink

Reading on a kindle in public is literally just as autistic as using a 3DS. Me and my friends laugh at people who do it, sometimes even throw things at them.

wu is a man who is a transexual gamer/game developer.

don't oppress him.

Welcome to ... Earth?

dont you oppress her by calling her him

And dont you forget it

He's right, but he's still an idiot.

>e-reader master race
>enjoy your tree corpses luddites

Actually it's been proven that the production of even 1 e-reader is far more environmentally destructive than killing the trees required for the production of all the books an average person reads in their lifetime.

>leftists
top cuck

>literally just TV without the picture

what's a "real gamer?"
for my part, i don't give five fucks how or in what format anyone reads. why should i?

if you play the world of warships with bots you are not a real gamer

if you play it mostly with humans you are a real gamer

I like listening to audio books sometimes honestly, if they're done by an enthusiastic and creative reader that really adds something to the narrative. I like to listen to them at night while I'm laying in bed so I can still experience a story without having any lights on.

Radio plays are superior in every way though. I never even bothered to read the Foundation series because I just went for the radio play instead.

I'll cede that point to e-readers, but one does not read an audio book. One listens to an audio book. It is not reading, so I retain my elitism on that account.

>physical book elitism

Is this a fucking thing? I've never dealt with this. Is she (he?) just making shit up to complain about? Bitch needs to watch some world news if she wants to get upset about something. Fuck...

Watching people create issues and then argue against them is the most perplexing thing to me

audiobooks are often consumed passively whereas physical books are not. seems pretty clear that physical books offer a clear advantage in that regard

>muh environment
e-readers are superior because they're made from fossil fuels and go hella fast flukeboy

and i take it there's also some kind of perceived discrimination going on there? like other people on this thread, i just don't see why we should care. with the gamer thing and the reader thing. it really does seem that she's fishing for issues here.

>she

Is 'poverty of good editions' a deficiency of e-books?

>turning day to day minutiae into a cause for activism is now a hobby for some """""""""""""""""""""people"""""""""""""""""""""

Elitism is far too pleasureable to voluntarily cease abusing plebs so unless the fake woman, fake chink can get Trump to pass a law against hurting his feelings, I will continue to express my disdain.

>you
>friends

peddle your lies elsewhere, user

>this thread
>she
>SHE
>S H E
Veeky Forums is more retarded then /it/ lets on

This is an intelligent board user, your projecting won't work here

But your bait will? That doesn't add up.

the discrimination exists indeed
try to hang on Veeky Forums or game forums and you will clearly see it
there is discrimination by your game statistics, preferred game mode, skills etc

unlike the discrimination against audio-books or the more so e-books which is virtually non-existent

>the trees required for the production of all the books an average person reads in their lifetime.

Four or five books don't require that much wood pulp.

The only "discriminatory" attitude or prejudice I know against gamers is that they're all basement-dwelling virginal autists who should be euthanized en masse.

>she
It's a man, baby.

This. Nerd culture is the cancer that's killing the West. Burn it down

>SHE's right

She right about everything except audiobooks. Audiobooks are passively consumed.

Thank you for saying this. I totally agree.

I'll the one be laughing at your corpse when the trees finally release their toxic gas!

Femininity of males is the root of the problem. Nerds were feminine males.

>she

It's Urf.

>Nerds were feminine males
why do they grow neckbeards then

You're all on Veeky Forums, nerds.

Don't be proud.

The only people I've met who are elitist about owning physical books are pretentious, dilettante readers. A non-issue

to cover that up along with their triple chins and their weak jaws.That's all for now

Brianna Wu? more like Brianna wew

E-reading is still reading. It's just laughed at because of the price. It should be much lower than the cost of a physical copy and it's not.
Some people think the convenience makes up for this. Thus an intelligent argument can be made for either side.

Audio books is not reading at all. It might be entertaining, it might supplement retention of you already read the book. But it's not reading it's listening.
Anyone who thinks it's reading, or that you can "read" actually hard books just by listening to them is a retard.

Conflating these two different criticisms is disingenuous at best, but most likely just totally due to misunderstanding and retardation.

Not surprising considering its a woman trying to make the argument.

I have no idea about the real gamer business, so I won't comment. But my hunch is similar retarded mental gymnastics are going on there as well (playing candy crush on the bus makes you a gamer and saying otherwise is oppressing! etc.).

I only read with my kindle so that people can't see the cover of the novel that i am reading

People can see through your mom's basement window?

Just cover it with a paper bag.

but I read physical books in my mom's basement

NSA

This is barely related, but an hour ago I was at the local coffee shop where there was a standup comedy open mic going on in the back. Pretty full house. I went and listened and the very first thing I heard was this 20-something girl's bit. It was literally "Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be a white male. Like, I wish I could wake up one morning and be a white male and be like [dumb male voice] "I'm awesome" and get in my truck..." Like, the punchline was literally that white men spend their time thinking they're awesome. That was it.

Didn't sound like she was getting a lot of laughs, god damn. I would have booed if I had any balls.

>Implying I give a fuck what some faggot says about how I consume literature.

>implying you robotically wrote this response just cuz

well if brianna fucking wu feels it then it must be true

That's why you buy a tablet instead, to increase the number of functions possible and reduce waste from things like newspapers and magazines as well.

yes

>owning books
>not borrowing from your extensive school library

it's totally not cause I don't have a job

also having a due date motivates me to finish what I start reading

You can't write in them then.

Why would you want to do that?

Regardless, you totally can.
I've taken out books that have writing in them.

Why did she include audiobooks in the arguement? Reading a book, be it a physical copy or on an e-reader is very different from listening to an audiobook, and saying it's better is not elitism.

>Why would you want to do that?

Mortimer J. Adler told me to

>Regardless, you totally can.
It would be annoying for other readers

>she
but that's a man OP

You're missing the point, user.

Often times note taking in a book is a rewarding practice that helps develop more meaning or uncover better understanding. It makes a book personal and is nearly impossible to replicate. There is a legitimate reason why many readers choose to read paper exclusively or combine e-readers with paper. Personally, I find that many of the books can sufficiently be read with an ereader, but books that challenge me in a satisfying way nearly always are purchased in paper. At least for me, going through a book methodically and taking notes that I can later reference both helps myself with good practices in critical reading, and also help create a small archive of influential material.

It is like adding documentation to code. You can technically go without it, but if you want to craft better and more easily return, writing is important. Reading isn't a passive skill.

just out of curiosity, did she keep her penis or she has it cut out?

he has a chink husband so im pretty sure he's post-op

well the chink could fuck her in the ass

anyway if she's post op i wonder if she miss her penis

mrrrm... if i ask on /lgbt/ about post op trannies missing their penises i wonder if they ban me

Clearly it is.

but audiobooks don't count. You didn't read anything.

Audiobooks don't count tho