Veeky Forums Flowchart Dump

I can't seem to find very many flowcharts for authors in the sticky, thought it might be nice to do a dump of what we have. I'll go first

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/bXqZN
4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading_Charts_(by_Author)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I bought pic related.

Did I muck up?

>294x171

>294x171

Anybody got a Faulkner?

Here they all are, click download in the bottom right;

imgur.com/a/bXqZN

Has anyone read The Plague?
I have two copies but I can never convince myself to start it

These are such retarded pseudshit.

This is so off point from the word go.

>"If life is meaningless why should I go on living?"
If you actually read The Stranger you wouldn't have this question.

tnx user

I just started myth of sisyphus yesterday as my first camus actually

>dao de jing
jesus thats even worse than tao te king

Mother was a chairman of the world fantasy convention for 10 years and my childhood was literally reading every single book on the left side of the chart, i think only the far top left i haven't read yet. very good chart

I think this chart should be consigned to history. No Dworkin, de Beauvoir or Fanon? Come the fuck on. The creator of the chart obviously doesn't think that feminism or postcolonialism are worthy schools of thought but to ignore them entirely when making a chart about leftist thought is criminal.

where the fuck is le spook man stirner

Chart is Reddit tier. I like how they behave smugly on the 'no' answers as if fantasy and SciFi are serious literature.

No short story collection? I call bullshit on this.

I hate that I see that Mythology book by Edith Hamilton being sold and recommended everywhere. It's basically a Wikipedia for mythology before there was Wikipedia, but it mainly focuses on Greek mythology and I wouldn't really call it academic.

Anyone have the one for the Sagas?

fucking australians

/r/ing the Dune flowchart because it's so funny

Yes. The Knopf or Everyman edition contains EVERY SHORT STORY including The Metamorphosis, In The Penal Colony, The Hunger Artist, and a few others. If your edition doesn't have these, you fucked up.

So is it better to just jump Into the source texts themselves or what?

She organizes the myths in a thoughtful easy way and tells the stories well. What would you recommend instead?

Is there even a "source text" for stories like Pygmalion?

'imagination that which your creation is life.' quoth popband water in latin.

The source is the Gods. Do you question Zeus?! Have you no shame? Ye atheist! Question not Zeus lest your skull be cracked in two!

Camus' books have such aesthetic covers

Metamorphoses

but i thought we were becoming more ironic with the intention of cutting away illusion to reach true sincerity.

wtf kind of order is this?

The chart is probably just the order the creator read Hemingway in

kek I'm reading The First Man

My public library is trash. What do I do if I'm reading Bleeding Edge?

You keep reading it, it's not illegal.

Metamorphoses is arguably as secondary of a text as Hamilton in this context tho?

bump

No, this is the best English translation for the short stories.

This. I'm shocked to see such a shitty pleb book recommended here along with the foundational Greek classics.

The Bibliotheke of Pseudo-Apollodorus.

Missing a whole bunch of stuff.

Fuck off.

Anyone have a Harper Lee flow chart?

Kek

I dropped it when everything started getting better.
I sort of regret not finishing it, but then again I feel like the moral of the story was pretty clear at that point, and the last couple hundred pages would just be fleshing that point out.
Also I was like 14 when I did this, and I don't really feel the existential strain you need to get into his works anymore.

David Foster Wallace Flowchart

It should be. There's secrets all through it.

How about Parandowski

Where's Pynchon, man? His books are high-larious. Groovy reads, ya dig? Woah, I'm stoned, man! Don't trust anybody over thirty, right? Bummer, I'm 79. Somebody grab that time-turning hand! Life's a trip. Hey, where'd that joint go?

Egil Costanza?

Shiggy diggy

>not posting "Resume with the Romans" for that sweet alliteration

Absolutely shit chart

I don't think there is a Faulkner one honestly. I'll recommend an order if anyone's interested:

Soldiers' Pay (if you want to see his development. I also think it's a great novel.)
As I Lay Dying
The Sound and the Fury
Sanctuary
Light in August
The Wild Palms
Absalom, Absalom!

Optional:
The Unvanquished
Go Down, Moses
The Snopes Trilogy
Pylon

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading_Charts_(by_Author)

There's a Faulkner. I've seen it. I don't know if it's Veeky Forums-made, but somebody posted one a while back. It was fucked up and complicated but good.

Found it!

I didn't make the chart. Why do people always think this? Look at the file name.

Nice. Any list including Varlam Chalamov is worth considering.

This is no good. His best novels aren't listed, and Sound of Waves is overrated. Where is Thirst For Love? Where's Forbidden Colors?

Why is Gibbon crossed off at the top? Presumably to make place for HBO's Rome...

this... men without women is essential Hemmmmmmmmm

literally the worst chart in the history of Veeky Forums
congrats

Have you realized that if you kill yourself it will be a net good for society? Because it would be.

>christopher fucking moore

no. fuck no. that book is probably the worst novel i have ever read. it's not funny, it's shit writing, and it's mentally deafening. if that's humor, i'll eat my own foot.

>Scans entire chart
>BookIdon'tlikedetected.pdf
>Figuratively shits his pants over it

Calm down user

nah dood. you just don't realize how fucked this book is. it's harry porridge on crack. it's twiggylite on fucking heroin scrubbing the floors with your grandmother's toothbrush while shitting octarine. it's the bane of existence, and everything that Veeky Forums is against as a collective being.

an excerpt:
The nurse sighed. She was short, wide, and had a tattoo of a snake up her right calf that showed through her white nurse stockings. She spent four hours of every workday massaging preemie babies, her hands threaded through ports in a Lucite incubator, like she was handling a radioactive spark in there. She talked to them, coaxed them, told them how special they were, and felt their hearts fluttering in chests no bigger than a balled-up pair of sweat socks. She cried over every one, and believed that her tears and touch poured a bit of her own life into the tiny bodies, which was just fine with her. She could spare it. She had been a neonatal nurse for twenty years and had never so much as raised her voice to a new father. “There’s no goddamn tail, you doofus! Look!” She pulled down the blanket and aimed baby Sophie’s bottom at him like she might unleash a fusillade of weapons-grade poopage such as the guileless Beta Male had never seen.

>Beta Male

you continue with what then? The Catholic Church?

Anyone has the Nietzsche one?