Was Heidegger an über-autist for hating small talk?

Was Heidegger an über-autist for hating small talk?

"...[B]y its very nature, idle talk is a closing off since it omits going back to the foundation of what is being talked about. This closing off is aggravated anew by the fact that idle talk, in which an understanding of what is being talked about is supposedly reached, holds any new questioning and discussion at a distance because it presumes it has understood and in a peculiar way it suppresses them and holds them back."

Heidegger was an insufferable sperglord in general, there's good arguments on how one should deal with small talk but his is not one.

Nothing wrong with being an uber-autist. He's done more for the world than you ever will.

No he's pretty correct. He's not saying to avoid communication, he's saying to avoid trite communication.

This. I hate this fucking "autist??? opinion discarded xDDDD" crap.

he didnt do shit

It's naive though to think you can simply bring things to the end like that or that it's desirable. Maybe you or others want to keep a distance from each other because what is at the end of communication can be ugly and uncomfortable.

What is the intelligent response is using charisma and creativity to play with the distancing involved with small talk

Where start with Heideggar?

Aristotle

Too bad nobody here has any friends to make idle chatter with.

The Ole Black Forest Babbler.

He will show you the light.

All he 'did' was spout endless nonsensical horseshit for a living.

Heraclits or Parmenides.

He didn't hate it be just said it's inauthentic.

Lets be real here, Someone saying to me "Nice weather we're having" or some other form of small talk is pretty pointless and just fills the air with emptiness. If you're talking just to talk then why even bother? But if its with a friend and they bring up a point or something then yeah its more necessary because relationships can't be built on "Nice weather" or "Slow Elevator, huh?"

nice

this.
True communication would only hurl you in a dreadful whirlwind of madness, like what happens here on Veeky Forums.

Did. And read around Heidegger with Nietzsche and Sartre; I'm thinking of trying to get through some of his shorter essays before diving into Being and Time.

add XDDDD LMAO to the end of a statement opinion discarded

Then don't talk at all; fucking Usonians I swear.

why are you scared by silence? :|

Why do you mean?
All I'm saying is if your desire is to talk to others small talk can be a way of having interesting and revealing discussions with someone within its own confines of its demanded topics and tone.
Any idiot can just "bring it to the end" and start talking about the philosophy of being or psychoanalytic drives going on but it breaks down discussion rather than deepening it often.
What takes skill is someone who can use smalltalk itself to transcend it.

Desire to talk is the desire to exchange the meaning of something. Your behaviour is part of the disease, don't pose like you surviving our times.

The meta has rotted your brain son.

Is this not the meaning of Dasein in Heideggars own work which he's contradicting in his own statement in the OP. We have to operate within the lifeworld we are engulfed in, and the ideology that structures smalltalk is part of that.

How easily you bend over a reality that a narration created is a problem of yours. Enjoy living in the unchanging universe.

T-thanks

I don't care really. Phatic discourse is a necessary evil like coffee and yoga.

the world would vastly improve if everyone ITC including me died

wow, some much self-persuasion here

Heidegger was a womanizer.
He had to master small talk in order to seduce bitches. So yes, he hated it but he was certainly not an r9k autist.

Social autists in here don't understand the role small talk plays in making friends

Being and Time is my bible.

>i didn't read the text.jpg

idle talk in B&T is closer to gossip. it's not like heidegger never talked about the weather. idle talk is essentially a needless involvement in the superficial dealings of others. imagine someone who just constantly talks shit on other people and then goes home and watches the kardashians all day. idle talk is not small talk.

I don't mind small-talk,but when it's about vapid shit that has a simple answer or requires very little thought, then I can live without it. But if I have to master it, I will. I'll just think about something more interesting in the meanwhile

Rare Spidey

bump

Start with Being and Time, The Question Concerning Technology, or The Origin of the Work of Art?

shameless bump