Thomas pynchon is in this photo

thomas pynchon is in this photo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i always knew no mere human could possibly write such masterpieces.

Proof? Context?

Where?

my guess is its the doc sportello type in the back middle with the brown hat and small glasses

is it a hippie friends wedding that he attended and brought a lot of weed?

This is Joan Baez's sister's wedding

>type "california 1960s hippie wedding" in google
>OPs picture isn't even five rows down

creative but you ain't fooling us

>tfw you weren't even a spermatozoa in the '60s

based on this photo I'm thinking it's jewfro behind the guy in all white

Pynchon's hair is pompadoured in that one pic which seems like style manageable for springy wire hair

Plus the mustache seems like an obvious choice for Pynchon if he never got corrective dental surgery, or even if he did, to help hide his teeth

> doesn't know about the Pynchon/Farina bromance

That's Richard Farina's wedding.

You're probably right!

That's the wedding of Richard Fariña and Mimi Baez, young sister of the singer Joan. Fariña was a friend of Pynchon during their time at Cornell, and he was best man at the wedding.

Unless he stepped out of frame (which I think is very possible) I bet he's the dude with the white guy afro behind the old man in white. Pynchon's description of Doc Sportello's hair routine suggested personal experience, but obviously nobody does research better than Pinecone.

Maybe he's blue shirt and bowl cut?

this is her wedding to Milan Melvin in 1968
Pynchon was best man at her wedding to Dick Farina in 63 (dead by 66)

I don't think Pynchon and Mimi were close enough outside of the Farina connection for him to be invited to this relatively small ceremony in 1968. He hadn't even been in touch with Dick for a while before he died, plus Pynchon was on the East coast at the time and Mimi on the West coast

dig this post

here is a picture from the correct wedding in 1963

feel free to look for mr. pynchon in this photo

wait a minute ...

the bride

What if he became a trap for a few years? No one would know; we already know he's into kinky stuff though.

I don't know anything about weddings, is there reason to believe the best man would be nearby when the cake was cut?

This could be him.

> Picking up hobbies to impress others
Beside, do you really think your book knowledge wiil get her wet for you? The only good tip I have to give you is have a lot of friends (this shows social value) and get fit/groom/dress well (this shows you take care of yourself.) Only take up hobbies if it complements you in a fundamental way.

Another thing is the mind set: don't go out to fuck, jusgo out to have a good time and if fucking comes along then that's great but otherwise no problem.

Oops wrong thread.

user's right, I was dismayed to find.

I figured this was probably him. correct hair, same moustache as he has in the new york photo

He's the mike love looking guy in the back wearing a hat.

Still could be. I'm sure he was close enough go Mimi

very pynchonesque

youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU