ITT books women will never understand

ITT books women will never understand

Any history books.

Why we don't let boys cry

I think a lot of women will understand being stupid and completely unprepared.

The Old Man and the Sea
>just cut the liiine
those are words of the WEAK

How's your relationship with your mother, op?

Do you have trouble approaching or talking with women?

women are half-animals, they barely understand most of the books, even the simpler ones

So you'd cut the line then?

fukin rekt

I don't care if I rustle jimmies

This book was made for this thread

You do remember that the fish destroyed his boat and all of his equipment, right?

And he came back with almost none of the fish left.

So, knowing this, was it worth it?

Kinda the whole point of the book innit

^ a typical woman who would never understand why men are sometimes not very practical and how it helps them to move the civilization ahead while her job is to nurture their children

So, choosing emotion over logic has helped progress the human race?

the fact of the matter is that the money the fish would have earned him(keyword earned) could've replaced what was lost.
He was starving and almost homeless, had not a single bite in weeks, fishing was his livelihood. You don't give up. You don't have a real home to go to and there is no food for you when you get there, nor is there a bed, let alone someone to share it with.
You don't fucking cut the line. Like "better luck next time" is an option at this level of depravity.
I think the old man's solitude is a theme that is often overlooked.

careful there Nietzsche

Absolutely. The course of History does not obey any sort of "logic"

reminder that this is an argument from fiction (written by a man, no less)

causality has lots of evidence in its favor dude

Under rated posting, lads

>The will to power

Word. It's a testament to persistence and the human will. And it turned out fruitless. What's that say?

infinite meme
franny & zooey
anything by hemingway
the sound and the fury

>I think a lot of women will understand being stupid and completely unprepared.

>I think a lot of women will understand

ha ha ha
oh
to be young

Just about everything you ought to know about living life, (first)mate.

>what's that say?
It says you better find a husband that won't cut the line or just go on hoping the world is uncharacteristically more kind to you than it is to others

dumb frog poster

I almost always have to explain the meaning of Hemingway to those half-wits who think that The Bell Jar is a transcendent literary experience.

Now I understand why Ernest killed himself.

silvya killed herself too
do you think it's because she didn't want to explain her poems over and over

t. satan

We know for a fact that bitches love lit. Show yourselves, bitches. Defend your inanity against these loveable mgtow misogynists.

Naked Lunch

How to Be a Buttmad Virgin Shitposter, by user

I always assumed it was because she wrote The Bell Jar.

In all seriousness, I think her poems are a much better demonstration of talent. I get the suspicion that people who enjoy her poems read The Bell Jar because of it, not the other way around. It's baffling to see how someone (read, young women) would like it other than an introduction into gendered (non)fiction about mid-century female depression.

To be fair, I wouldn't hold up Hemingway's poetry as comparable to his fiction. And, I don't.

>men think objective meaning exists

>person takes bait and posts defensive bs in response without realising how insecure and gullible they look
Seriously what are you?
12 years old?
Come on.

hngg

If you find that idea distasteful, you probably shouldn't be using a computer. Or a car, or a phone. Definitely don't look at a plane.

Every moron who tries to disvalue the concept of objectivity implicitly undermines their attempt by using technology that's been created through hard science. Objectivity and logical rigor clearly aren't your strong suite--maybe you should meekly thank greater minds for creating a world where your dumb ass won't be put to work grinding rocks into other rocks to make sharp rocks. You troglodyte.

(I do approve of your bait, though.)

>empiricism confirms empiricism
Empiricists really are subhuman, certainly not 'greater minds'
>empiricism
>rigor
>empiricism
>objective
LOL

Upvoted.

Daily reminder.

Bitches love rape, Dagny said so.

anything besides YA and other shallow drivel

desu women wont even understand books about women. see: portrait of a lady

I'm a man and I didn't understand this book; he'd be one of those idiots that goes backpacking around europe if he hadn't been so dumb to hike into the wilderness.

The fact he died at all was mere accident, not out of martyrdom or great effort, his life was gone to waste.

In other words, you failed physics class. Fuck off back to /b/, retard.

>In other words, you failed physics class. Fuck off back to /b/, retard.
Aw look at the 10th grader projecting.

You've been trolling on Veeky Forums for almost a month now!

This and A Hero of our Time.

All the Books in the Western Canon

Campbellian sci-fi doesn't strike me as something women can easily read, or Niven's autistic tirades about technology.

All books

Did you even read the ending?
The man was so fucking content with what he accomplished

Why are women always given shit about being illogical, imoractical and driven by emotions?

There's a lot of things that women don't understand about dishonor and shame. I don't think a basic woman could get most of yukio mishima's work (yourcenar was only pretending btw)

because being illogical, impractical, and emotionally driven will increase your likelihood of getting shit from other people