Reading anything modern

>reading anything modern

>Young girls to fuck!

True, OP. I despise anyone that reads post-XIX century literature and laugh myself at those DFW, Pynchon etc readers. It's pretty fun to see the plebiness of "i just finished mason dixon guys its cool its cool" posters.

>obligatory millennial muh dik-ing

>try to read old books
>fall asleep

how do y'all do it?

>hasn't read Gaddis

>le wrong generation face

>not reading everything

Spotted the pseud

Anything written after 1965 is trash, even some stuff after 1900. Russian lit in the 1800s is the best literature by a mile. So much so, that there is little need to read anything post 1965.

>Anything written after 1965 is trash

With some exceptions. But yes, generally true.

early 20th century western Europe was the pinnacle of literature.

Congratulations, you have an opinion. You want a cookie?

Start with the Greeks

Old lit is a breeze once you've churned through Thucydides, Aeschylus, etc

Finish childhood school before using keyboards.

>WrathofGnon

Great taste friendo

You guys are such fucking drones.

t. Avid GoT-reader

>OP hasn't killed himself yet

> only read post-modern

g-guess im in the clear, lads

I hate the fucking world, too many god damn fuckers in it.
Too many thoughts about societies all wrapped up together in this place called AMERICA.
Everyone has their own god damn opinions on every damn thing and you may be saying "well what makes you so different?".
Because I have something only me and V have, SELF AWARENESS, Call it exortenstiolism or whatever the fuck you want.
We know what we are to this world and what everyone else is.
We learn more than what caused the civil war and how to simplify quadratics in school.
We have been watching you people. we know what you think and how you act, all talk and no actions.
People who are said to be brave or couragous are usually just STUPID then they say later that they did it on purpose cause they are brave when they did it on fucking accident.
GOD everything is so corrupt and so filled with little opinions and points of view and peoples' own little agendas and schedules.
This isn't a world any more, its H.O.E. and no one knows it.
Self awareness is a wonderful thing.

>reading anything

lmao stay pleb

>post-XIX century
>XIX

out.

In reality why would you want to focus on reading things published after 2000.

With non fiction being the exception naturally as good history books and science and math and so on are always being published.

It's like eating a shitty post modern dessert before a delicious main course of a healthy serving of classics.

>posting the most fedora tier tumblr user

>not having the intellectual capacity to appreciate literature from all periods and cultures

/thread

But the modern things will be old in the future. I'm just a future reactionary in the present.

this

there's some good new stuff
don't be a shitlord

>GRRM does in 5 books what the ancient fags need 8 books for

Top tier

>Gilgamesh
>Highest art

nice

pretty nice poetry, even in translation it's way better than something like ts eliot (when he didnt write about cats, that cat poem is good) or pound

For it's time its probably is.

bitch, serious

you literally have no taste and only parrot after the other people, and it would be ok if you parroted the decent people but you parrot some dumb fucks on Veeky Forums like that one whom you quote

k, i will give you a more decent person to parrot, rainer maria rilke, probably the best german poet of the 20th century, was deeply impressed with gilgamesh, "almost intoxicated with pleasure and wonder"

I wasn't the person that posted the picture. I'm sorry.

I also can't reply right