Post patrician humor books

Post patrician humor books

I laughed a lot in the ending

I went to get this at the library, but they didn't have it.

The loved one by Evelyn Waugh.

if you like stories of cuckoldry, whores and corrupt priests

The Oxford Student is my hero.

that cover literally looks like it could have been a dark souls miracle

In no particular order...

Max Beerbohm, Evelyn Waugh, P.G. Wodehouse, Saki, Kingsley Amis, Tom Sharpe, George MacDonald Fraser, John Mortimer, Stella Gibbons, David Lodge, James Thurber, Joseph Heller, Peter de Vries, George Grossmith, Jerome K. Jerome, Ambrose Bierce, S.J. Perelman, Flann O'Brien, J.P. Donleavy, Ring Lardner, Richard Russo, Roy Lewis, Malcolm Bradbury, Laurence Sterne.

I've only read six of these, but I'll definitely check the others out.

reading Gogol's short stories atm. man i hadn't laughed this much whilst reading in a while. top banter

The Overcoat is GOAT

I laughed

*tips fedora*

>About that present time young Stephen filled all cups that stood empty so as there remained but little mo if the prudenter had not shadowed their approach from him that still plied it very busily who, praying for the intentions of the sovereign pontiff, he gave them for a pledge the vicar of Christ which also as he said is vicar of Bray. Now drink we, quod he, of this mazer and quaff ye this mead which is not indeed parcel of my body but my soul's bodiment. Leave ye fraction of bread to them that live by bread alone. Be not afeard neither for any want for this will comfort more than the other will dismay. See ye here. And he showed them glistering coins of the tribute and goldsmiths' notes the worth of two pound nineteen shilling that he had, he said, for a song which he writ. They all admired to see the foresaid riches in such dearth of money as was herebefore

How can people read this shit and enjoy it?

darconville's cat

Ur a loser like this lol.

Don Quixote

Gulliver's Travels

I loved it, but the ending was kinda confusing

that book made me smile a few times but mostly it reminded me how fucking miserable russia is. I know russia is awful but why do russian writers have to be such miserable cunts?